1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Anyone know if the steering wheel actually turns the wheels? :dunno

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

The cocoon can't be that flimsy - they've got the whole car rested on it in the video!

attachment.php

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Soidfzl8lbs#t=15s

Holy crap he got him inside.

If not for the cape he would fit in there perfectly.

Must resist the urge to double-down on the Batmobile....

Must resist....

Keep telling myself...I have no space....I have no space....

I wonder if BBTS will really double box this.

The cocoon can't be that flimsy - they've got the whole car rested on it in the video!

attachment.php

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Soidfzl8lbs#t=15s

That's what I'm saying.

Yeah it's crappy glossy instead of the matte it should've been, but how thin is that thing really when it didn't even crumple from the weight.

Just because it's glossy does not make it crappy quality.

There hasn't been firm confirmation either way.

I'm feeling the urge to double dip, too. This thing is all kinds of a sexy beast.

You can clearly see the shield bend in the video as the screws are being taken out of the underside. At the same time, it seems to be supporting the weight. I think it's still flimsy in that it's not a hard shell, but it's a bit thicker than what that initial Facebook impression led us to believe.

Personally I'm over the shield. It's all about the car.

Must resist the urge to double-down on the Batmobile....

Must resist....

Keep telling myself...I have no space....I have no space....
I'll save you the trouble and you can buy me one instead :D

This thing is so freakin' huge. This is a grown-*** man's hand!

attachment.php

What is the grey/white bar that is hanging in the middle over the seats? Have not seen that in any pictures so far, looks a bit weird.

In the second image I only see some kind of hook but no bar.

1013858_490944300984463_80811154_n.jpg

PD1339145473EhE.jpg

Can anyone clear up what the use of the grey/white bar is for again? :dunno

Can anyone clear up what the use of the grey/white bar is for again? :dunno
Not really sure. It doesn't seem necessary for the canopy to function; people say it's visible in some scenes in the film and not in others so maybe Hot Toys included it just to give buyers the option of displaying with or without the bar?

attachment.php

If I had the money to burn brother, I'd definitely buy you one.

After I buy myself a second one.

After I buy myself a house big enough. (priorities)

Space is getting too tight already. My 1/6 figure collection is pretty small compared to many of you (only 12), but the vehicles are the major space suck in my studio apartment: two Tumblers, one Batpod, and now one 89 Batmobile on the way. I've got no idea where I'd put the 89 Batwing. (Oh c'mon, you *know* it's coming.)

If I had the money to burn brother, I'd definitely buy you one.

After I buy myself a second one.

After I buy myself a house big enough. (priorities)

Space is getting too tight already. My 1/6 figure collection is pretty small compared to many of you (only 12), but the vehicles are the major space suck in my studio apartment: two Tumblers, one Batpod, and now one 89 Batmobile on the way. I've got no idea where I'd put the 89 Batwing. (Oh c'mon, you *know* it's coming.)
My collection's relatively small as well; only seven figures! I almost always sell one figure to fund another - continuously rotating my collection. I do this both for financial reasons (I haven't actually paid for a figure out of pocket since about 2010 - which makes it easy to justify new purchases) and just to keep my collection to a reasonable size. But I'll never sell Keaton Batman or Nicholson Joker.

So aside from myself, who's loving how the Batmobile turns out, following this thread yet can't afford it? :lol

attachment.php

Holy moses. The size of that.

It's too big, I don't think it will fit. I'd love to get my hands on it though. :)

I see that tony has different types of capes for the DX09. Which one so you guys think I should get to go with this beast? Been playing with the stock cape all morning, and for the life of me I can't get that thing to look normal.

Back