Bandai GX-71 Beast King GoLion - Voltron

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1-469.png

I got charged from Amazon Japan for MP-44 Prime yesterday morning....then in the afternoon got the e-mail from Entertainment Earth that Voltron charged and shipped. Ooof don't know if I should be happy or throw up :thud:

Thats the trendmasters re issue from 2015, got one brand new from bbts when it sold for like 150 bucks but I don?t like the green and red lion versions because of the tabs and amazon has been selling matchbox replicas that are pretty accurate to the originals and the springs work and colors are like the original so i swapped them!!

Bbts has had steady stock this weekend, it sold out briefly on Sunday but As of right now is back

I just noticed the new reissue has the blue bandai logo and of course the 2019 license, kind of curious to see what changes were made from the 2016 version

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Trendmasters version too....got it at TRU back in 97 for retail. It was cool to have a "new" Voltron toy but I too always hated what they did to the red and green lions.....any more info on where I can pick up replicas of those? I'd love to swap em out like you did!

Anyone who has this figure, know how to clean the clout or smidges that show up on the plastic? Feels like a chemical reaction that shows up on some plastic portions of the figure.
eafa05e7227f3ec657dd3f57db0e9ba6.jpg

Any know who has this figure known to clean the clout or smidges that show up on the plastic? Feels like a chemical reaction that shows up on some plastic portions of the figure.
eafa05e7227f3ec657dd3f57db0e9ba6.jpg

I've read that handling SOC figures without a glove eventually stains them. Dont have any hard evidence just people speculating when the paint or chrome on their figures start staining. With this figure, since it's my first SOC figure, I'm handling with gloves

I?ve had Bandai, Soul Of Chogokin figures were even if you leave it outside the metallic and plastic pieces get kind of hazy, but i could wipe them out easily, this is kind of underneath the chrome paint, i tried warm soap and water with a cleaning cloth, baby wipes, not even a smudge, it?s weird, i just don?t know if this is a common occurrence with voltron as my gx-72?s chrome hazyness wipes off also

I?ve had Bandai, Soul Of Chogokin figures were even if you leave it outside the metallic and plastic pieces get kind of hazy, but i could wipe them out easily, this is kind of underneath the chrome paint, i tried warm soap and water with a cleaning cloth, baby wipes, not even a smudge, it?s weird, i just don?t know if this is a common occurrence with voltron as my gx-72?s chrome hazyness wipes off also

you can always give a light coat of future floor to seal the colors up. i refurbished my older Mazingers this way apart from some oxidization it looks like new. so i suggest doing this when it's new but keep it light and avoid articulated areas and if you must just a very light coat with brush.

you can always give a light coat of future floor to seal the colors up. i refurbished my older Mazingers this way apart from some oxidization it looks like new. so i suggest doing this when it's new but keep it light and avoid articulated areas and if you must just a very light coat with brush.

Thanks for the tips, i bought two the other was never opened until today, verified it and noticed that it?s a factory defect, my second figure completely has similar hazes under the chrome, not even future floor worked! But it is what it is, you can?t exchange this back to BTTS, so im stuck with a crazy factory defect, which is not bad but it?s noticeable if you look at it, i noticed also that the pictures i took when i got it has them so once again there?s nothing i can do, thanks though

Thanks for the tips, i bought two the other was never opened until today, verified it and noticed that it?s a factory defect, my second figure completely has similar hazes under the chrome, not even future floor worked! But it is what it is, you can?t exchange this back to BTTS, so im stuck with a crazy factory defect, which is not bad but it?s noticeable if you look at it, i noticed also that the pictures i took when i got it has them so once again there?s nothing i can do, thanks though

you could try asking if you bought both from same seller. tell them you got 2 defects, ask them to check their stock if they have the same issue, if yes, ask if you can return the defective lion for a new one. i'm not sure if the legs are compatible with the other lions, if yes, maybe you can swap them so you get 1 defect free lion?

I asked them already, i am out of luck they have neither spares nor inventory, they gave me a 100 dollar credit for the price difference but since i have two lions like you said i could combine bits and pieces from each one!

But i did noticed it was a factory defect, future floor, baby oil, toothpaste, vinegar nothing worked, it?s under the chrome paint, which is good news for me i gues since it can?t spread already. Plus my second gx-71 set has some paint defects in different areas, but it is what it is, other than babying the hell out of these figs though!!

I asked them already, i am out of luck they have neither spares nor inventory, they gave me a 100 dollar credit for the price difference but since i have two lions like you said i could combine bits and pieces from each one!

But i did noticed it was a factory defect, future floor, baby oil, toothpaste, vinegar nothing worked, it?s under the chrome paint, which is good news for me i gues since it can?t spread already. Plus my second gx-71 set has some paint defects in different areas, but it is what it is, other than babying the hell out of these figs though!!

I think you mentioned you got them at BBTS? They have at least 10 in stock right now at $399.99.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/89872

dude don't use vinegar or any oil on chrome unless it's just wax (not polisher). the future floor is to seal the paint not remove stains.

dude don't use vinegar or any oil on chrome unless it's just wax (not polisher). the future floor is to seal the paint not remove stains.

I was just trying it to see if the stain was above the plating, so I used future floor to see if adding another coat would make it glossy, but reading a lot of Japanese forums regarding this figure I ran into a bit of factory defect problems also, the one I had were pretty bad but thankfully I managed to get it exchanged and got a new one, which still has small defects but not as noticeable from the front and I cannot complain!

By the way it was in stock on amazon this morning for 299.99 with an expected shipment coming in the 22 according to the website and looks like BBTS has them in stock again as of this moment...

2efe53ff44937c155b7c89c93ae858d4.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back