Tamashii Soul of Chogokin GX-100 Legend of Daiku-Maryu Gaiking

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DjBoogaloo

Super Freak
Reaction score
Anyone planning on grabbing this beast of a release? Pretty hefty price tag on it (82,000 yen).
I was at Tamashii Nations Tokyo and filmed the special event surrounding the announcement. They have all the Soul of Chogokin releases on display GX-01 to GX-100.

I pre-ordered. Pricey for sure, but the dragon is going to be pretty huge for a SOC, with all of the functionality, and in my opinion, the GaiKing robot looks better than the original release, although I'm not sure if it has all of the functionality of the original.

Also, I pre-ordered at Nin-Nin Game. I'd previously pre-ordered the Bandai DX Valkyries there, and they provided excellent service.
They had a lower pre-order price for this at 74,250 yen...

crazy pricing since i have the original release it was like $100 (or less) IIRC?

obviously this is an upgrade, most notably the small machines are now articulated but i always felt the matt finishing figures in V1 were cute.

what about the size? are they bigger? One thing that bothered me was the pointy tips kept breaking up when the dragon lowered on it's own due to weight.

Mine came in over the weekend (I'm in Canada).
Unfortunately the Daiku Maryu is mostly plastic, but it is HUGE, and the paint and sculpt, as well as the engineering is great! The GaiKing robot is also excellent.

Back