Bandai GX-71 Beast King GoLion - Voltron

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That Titan Power Voltron ^ looks pretty cool. If I didn't successfully get in a PO for this from BBTS (and Megalopolis) then I would've really been tempted by this Titan Power version. Even if it's just in robot form, as let's be realistic, most fans will be displaying him as Voltron and not the 5 Lions. Other than those lucky enough to be able to justify buying 2 and displaying both (Voltron form surrounded by the 5 Lions).

Really looking forward to pics of it side by side with this.

I should have my GX-71 next week from BBTS. Shipped out yesterday and scheduled for next Thursday. I'll finally have a reason to possibly take out my original Bandai GoDaikin GoLion I bought brand new at retail back in the early 80's from a Hobby/Toy shop. One of my favorite things I ever bought... :) Glad I never sold it as I was tempted to many times since it sells for anywhere from $800 - $1000 complete.

Attachments

• mine2.jpg
    mine2.jpg
    369.3 KB · Views: 121
That Titan Power Voltron ^ looks pretty cool. If I didn't successfully get in a PO for this from BBTS (and Megalopolis) then I would've really been tempted by this Titan Power version. Even if it's just in robot form, as let's be realistic, most fans will be displaying him as Voltron and not the 5 Lions. Other than those lucky enough to be able to justify buying 2 and displaying both (Voltron form surrounded by the 5 Lions).

I should have my GX-71 next week from BBTS. Shipped out yesterday and scheduled for next Thursday. I'll finally have a reason to possibly take out my original Bandai GoDaikin GoLion I bought brand new at retail back in the early 80's from a Hobby/Toy shop. One of my favorite things I ever bought... :) Glad I never sold it as I was tempted to many times since it sells for anywhere from $800 - $1000 complete.

That?s awesome! I had the original die cast Matchbox version that came in one box like that but didn?t come with the sword or spinning blade. Bought it in 1985 for like $20.00 and sold it back in the late 90?s for $250 to a comic shop. Probably got ripped off but I was happy at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That?s awesome! I had the original die cast Matchbox version that came in one box like that but didn?t come with the sword or spinning blade. Bought it in 1985 for like $20.00 and sold it back in the late 90?s for $250 to a comic shop. Probably got ripped off but I was happy at the time.

A friend of mine, who is a much bigger Voltron fan than me, has the original matchbox version (as well as the 20th Anniv Toynami, the huge MattyCollector Voltron with figures & the new Netflix version & the Lego set) he bought of Ebay in the 90's for close to or just over $200 if I remember right. I've lorded mine over his for the past 20+ years we've been friends...:lol

I bought it as a kid after seeing it in the store. Before Voltron was even aired on TV. I begged for a few weeks between my mom and my grandmother, and somehow between them and money I saved I was able to get it. Thankfully they (Hobby Masters in Red Bank NJ, still there to this day) still had it available.

He'd probably be pissed If I ever sold it to anyone but him, but at the same time I couldn't ask him to give me the going rate for it knowing I only paid retail. Looking it up on Wikipedia is an interesting read on the history of the line, and it started right in my backyard somewhere in NJ. It says the GoDaikin line retailed for as high as $80, but I don't remember paying more than maybe $50 for it back in the 80's.

I've told my wife and kids if something ever happened to me that he gets it and not them... :lol

The SOC Reissue is en route so happy as heck for that. Can't wait to do a comparison between it and the Titan Power.

[youtube]oXlz4zD7nf4[/youtube]

Alright so the full breakdown article and gallery is up for Titan Power TP-01 King of Beasts; https://kumastyledesigns.com/titan-power-kob-review/

Title-FB-TP-KOB.png

Overall I gave it a 7.0/10 and even though the article breaks it down in long form here's a quote of the summary I gave at the end;

"To summarize the above score; it's an easy 8-8.5/10 product with a fantastic look and general design dragged by ****** presentation/packaging and battery compartments that you truly feel like you may break or damage just trying to change or remove. Things like that and the general knowledge that it's a stolen stylization really put a negative aire over it when they all start adding up."

Here are a few pictures from the gallery portion (16 pics total;)

10-229.png

13-199.png

9-241.png

8-256.png

It looks fragile but amazing video and pictures! Love the metallic shine to this though! Your reviews are pretty spot on by the way!

I?m not fancy hahaha growing up I borrowed a Voltron from my neighbor but back then it was one of those times in the 80?s where the lion heads for the red and green were missing, never knew what they looked liked until I got to the states, even then I remember the trendmasters reissue back in 97, back in 2015 I got lucky with bbts reissue and snagged a trendmasters for 150 brand new!

Since the matchbox is out of reach for the time being I grabbed two bootleg red and green lions from amazon since I don?t like the trendmasters colors and wings on them...

They probably sold it for like 500 bucks they always see online pricing and want to buy it for a bit under asking price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is ********.

I'm sick of jumping through hoops just for a chance to give over about $400 of my money.

**** you Bandai....you don't want my money? Got it. I'll spend it on other stuff.

I've lived all these decades without a fancy diecast Voltron sitting on my shelf. I'm fairly sure I can go the rest of my life without one.

Its back in stock

i remember there was 1 vintage version where the cockpit opens up and there's a mini figure inside.

A friend of mine, who is a much bigger Voltron fan than me, has the original matchbox version (as well as the 20th Anniv Toynami, the huge MattyCollector Voltron with figures & the new Netflix version & the Lego set) he bought of Ebay in the 90's for close to or just over $200 if I remember right. I've lorded mine over his for the past 20+ years we've been friends...:lol

I bought it as a kid after seeing it in the store. Before Voltron was even aired on TV. I begged for a few weeks between my mom and my grandmother, and somehow between them and money I saved I was able to get it. Thankfully they (Hobby Masters in Red Bank NJ, still there to this day) still had it available.

He'd probably be pissed If I ever sold it to anyone but him, but at the same time I couldn't ask him to give me the going rate for it knowing I only paid retail. Looking it up on Wikipedia is an interesting read on the history of the line, and it started right in my backyard somewhere in NJ. It says the GoDaikin line retailed for as high as $80, but I don't remember paying more than maybe $50 for it back in the 80's.

I've told my wife and kids if something ever happened to me that he gets it and not them... :lol

for me who only knows Lion Force, i find combiners like God Sigma more good looking, note it looks similar to Lion Force.

nobody likes the lego version?

I like the Lego version. My friend has it. It's pretty cool in hand.

At $180 it's on my want list, but not on my need list...:lol

I'll wait till maybe a sale price or just before they are about to retire it to decide if it's a must buy.

Yeah, that one was plastic, not diecast, was larger and oddly proportioned due to housing the figures. Never seen one in person, but always looked odd and cheaply made to me in the photos.

It was made by Panosh place in 1984 Here's an ebay listing

View attachment 464958

View attachment 464957

https://www.ebay.com/i/273907309395...x5JMVBUfN_blI-QnE9DOo5218wer6rhYaAvwaEALw_wcB

WOW! I had one of those as a kid, that brings back memories! Don't know what happened to it, I assume my dad threw it out at some stage with all my original ninja turtles :(

Yeah, that one was plastic, not diecast, was larger and oddly proportioned due to housing the figures. Never seen one in person, but always looked odd and cheaply made to me in the photos.

It was made by Panosh place in 1984 Here's an ebay listing

View attachment 464958

View attachment 464957

https://www.ebay.com/i/273907309395...x5JMVBUfN_blI-QnE9DOo5218wer6rhYaAvwaEALw_wcB

my memories were vague but i think the pilot were in a transparent canopy above it's head and the pilots were really tiny. might be unofficial i don't know.

I like the Lego version. My friend has it. It's pretty cool in hand.

At $180 it's on my want list, but not on my need list...:lol

I'll wait till maybe a sale price or just before they are about to retire it to decide if it's a must buy.

how bout Lepin?

The lego Voltron is an amazing feat, everything holds and fits nicely, although there?s not much poses you can do, and the sword can be a bit heavy on the rotating elbow, i mean the shoulder is super tight. You can?t move the legs, they are fixated but the lions is where they are amazing!

553e35663d1b67f3ae436a2fcfe7f8e3.jpg
1db5acf2986509d923fe4fa01858b4ec.jpg
fec8adab2061217f9ec2bb5e5d5cf898.jpg

Sorry for the neutral poses, have not had enough time to mess with the gx 71, can?t believe after 3 years, i feel grateful to finally have one, i am huge soul of chogokin fan but I wasn?t into voltron at the time but Power Rangers, once i saw the prices rise to the top it was jaw dropping, on a side note BBTS still has stock at an extra price tag.

c4c63255de5279df2ab456a7f5ed1646.jpg

The lego Voltron is an amazing feat, everything holds and fits nicely, although there?s not much poses you can do, and the sword can be a bit heavy on the rotating elbow, i mean the shoulder is super tight. You can?t move the legs, they are fixated but the lions is where they are amazing!

553e35663d1b67f3ae436a2fcfe7f8e3.jpg
1db5acf2986509d923fe4fa01858b4ec.jpg
fec8adab2061217f9ec2bb5e5d5cf898.jpg

Sorry for the neutral poses, have not had enough time to mess with the gx 71, can?t believe after 3 years, i feel grateful to finally have one, i am huge soul of chogokin fan but I wasn?t into voltron at the time but Power Rangers, once i saw the prices rise to the top it was jaw dropping, on a side note BBTS still has stock at an extra price tag.

c4c63255de5279df2ab456a7f5ed1646.jpg

the robot on the front left looks the best as a toy. which version is it?

Thats the trendmasters re issue from 2015, got one brand new from bbts when it sold for like 150 bucks but I don?t like the green and red lion versions because of the tabs and amazon has been selling matchbox replicas that are pretty accurate to the originals and the springs work and colors are like the original so i swapped them!!

Bbts has had steady stock this weekend, it sold out briefly on Sunday but As of right now is back

I just noticed the new reissue has the blue bandai logo and of course the 2019 license, kind of curious to see what changes were made from the 2016 version

Back