Bandai GX-71 Beast King GoLion - Voltron

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to get this Voltron but it seems shorter than the vehicle Voltron. The Go-lion is 10 inches while the vehicle version is 15.

Got on the waitlist at Sideshow and it just converted. Should be shipping in the next month or two. Can?t wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5-292.png

Was lucky to get one of these at NYCC this year straight from Bandai for retail plus tax. Kicking myself that I didn't get a second one.

I'm late to the party and not to hip to SOC overall, but I think mine has some minor QC issues too. one of the paws has almost like an iridescent discoloring to it (but it's slight) and there is a weird paint imperfection on the top of Green Lion, Only inspected quickly but nothing is really glaring.

Pumped to have this and hunting for a second set!! Glad I held off when I was close to pulling the trigger a couple years ago on the Toynami 30th

This thing is awesome! Every time I look at it I hear the original 80?s theme music.
24e94d04caf0dfa309325f6c956b4baf.jpg
55372195cb920a39b675c7dc552dce7a.jpg

Man. God damn this stupid thing.

I have been perfectly willing to pay retail for this for the last year or so, but it's been made in such minuscule quantities for the Japanese market it may as well not exist. The latest trend for hot collectibles in Japan is that Chinese scalpers buy up all the preorders in minutes and that's that. They've cleaned amazon dry. Lowest prices on amazon japan are used copies for $500.

If Bandai refuses to let people pay retail for this thing, then eff em. I just won't ever get it. Not like I "NEED" it anyway. But the debacle of availability still leaves a nasty taste in my mouth.

I suppose the franchise was always more popular abroad than in Japan, but it's still a slap in the face to domestic fans.

Bro i must had tagged you like twice every time stock inventory came up in August/September!!

The asian market is flooded with bot shopping, it thrives over there, amazon lets bots do shopping and some websites to an extent but seriously scalpers use bots to secure pre orders since it?s an exclusive market

Man. God damn this stupid thing.

I have been perfectly willing to pay retail for this for the last year or so, but it's been made in such minuscule quantities for the Japanese market it may as well not exist. The latest trend for hot collectibles in Japan is that Chinese scalpers buy up all the preorders in minutes and that's that. They've cleaned amazon dry. Lowest prices on amazon japan are used copies for $500.

If Bandai refuses to let people pay retail for this thing, then eff em. I just won't ever get it. Not like I "NEED" it anyway. But the debacle of availability still leaves a nasty taste in my mouth.

I suppose the franchise was always more popular abroad than in Japan, but it's still a slap in the face to domestic fans.

I almost lost hope until someone up here posted that there was a waitlist at Sideshow. I added my name and within a couple weeks it converted. Paid retail and am very happy with it. I definitely would never have paid more just to say I have it.

Prices got nuts on this but but after the re-release there are a lot of more reasonable deals out there. If you dig around and try to make deals on eBay, you can get close to retail+shipping/tax. I got one from Bandai at NYCC for $326 (retail + tax) and I just got a second set from a reliable seller on eBay for $365 shipped. An extra $39 over retail+tax, a little more than I wanted to go but not bad all things considered.

My question is with the Dairugger GX-88. WTF??!! I'm not that familiar with how Bandai works. Are they really not going to meet the demand for something that's sold out and skyrocketing before it's even hit shelves yet?? Does anyone know where to get this for retail or close to it?

$265.64? Is it gone already? Don't see that.

I've seen others going around that price on eBay but they must be knock offs

Prices got nuts on this but but after the re-release there are a lot of more reasonable deals out there. If you dig around and try to make deals on eBay, you can get close to retail+shipping/tax. I got one from Bandai at NYCC for $326 (retail + tax) and I just got a second set from a reliable seller on eBay for $365 shipped. An extra $39 over retail+tax, a little more than I wanted to go but not bad all things considered.

My question is with the Dairugger GX-88. WTF??!! I'm not that familiar with how Bandai works. Are they really not going to meet the demand for something that's sold out and skyrocketing before it's even hit shelves yet?? Does anyone know where to get this for retail or close to it?

$265.64? Is it gone already? Don't see that.

I've seen others going around that price on eBay but they must be knock offs

Sold out at that price shortly after I posted the link. It let me add 3 to my cart (only bought 1), so not sure if that?s all they had or if they imposed a limit. It?s gone up a couple of times since then at $299.99

$550 used on amazon Japan. Newer reissues at $700.

Apparently Japanese customers never had a chance at the reissue cause Chinese scalpers sit and wait day and night and snipe all the hot Bandai pre-orders.

Amazon japan has been my go-to for years with amazing service, but if the pre-orders for these things last seconds, like Pearl Jam tickets in the 90s, then I guess I'll just never own any of these thing.

Ah hell.

Here I am getting so upset about this stupid thing....and WHY? I have enough toys. I have all the toys I'll ever need for a lifetime. This one just gets under my skin cause I simply "can't have it."

Whatever. I'll live without it and go enjoy my thousands of other toys.

The search function isn't working here. Is there a thread for the Vehicle Voltron?

Anyone have any info on that? Is the only way to get it now is the secondary market or would Bandai up production upon release?

Sold out at that price shortly after I posted the link. It let me add 3 to my cart (only bought 1), so not sure if that?s all they had or if they imposed a limit. It?s gone up a couple of times since then at $299.99

Are you sure it's legit? That price really doesn't sound it. That's under retail for something that is pretty sought after right now.

Fantasy Jewel is making these KO's that are sold individually. They're all over eBay. Make sure that you're getting a real del and not one of these

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Transforma...ion-Figure-Toys/133126458015?var=432447066760

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Voltron-KO...912404?hash=item2f3540f514:g:rKsAAOSwuMxdS1sK

Apparently Japanese customers never had a chance at the reissue cause Chinese scalpers sit and wait day and night and snipe all the hot Bandai pre-orders.

Amazon japan has been my go-to for years with amazing service, but if the pre-orders for these things last seconds, like Pearl Jam tickets in the 90s, then I guess I'll just never own any of these thing.

Ah hell.

Here I am getting so upset about this stupid thing....and WHY? I have enough toys. I have all the toys I'll ever need for a lifetime. This one just gets under my skin cause I simply "can't have it."

I don't know where you looking but you can definitely find one between $340-360 + tax. There are a lot of people asking those high numbers but that's not what most have been selling for. Is it that you don't want to go a dollar more than retail? Because if you're willing to go $30-$50 more you can easily find one at a reasonable price.

The search function isn't working here. Is there a thread for the Vehicle Voltron?

Anyone have any info on that? Is the only way to get it now is the secondary market or would Bandai up production upon release?

Are you sure it's legit? That price really doesn't sound it. That's under retail for something that is pretty sought after right now.

Fantasy Jewel is making these KO's that are sold individually. They're all over eBay. Make sure that you're getting a real del and not one of these

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Transforma...ion-Figure-Toys/133126458015?var=432447066760

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Voltron-KO...912404?hash=item2f3540f514:g:rKsAAOSwuMxdS1sK

I don't know where you looking but you can definitely find one between $340-360 + tax. There are a lot of people asking those high numbers but that's not what most have been selling for. Is it that you don't want to go a dollar more than retail? Because if you're willing to go $30-$50 more you can easily find one at a reasonable price.

A couple of people have stated that they?ve received theirs already and they are legit. The ones I pointed out were specifically sold by Amazon, so I don?t think they are KOs. My delivery date got pushed up to Friday, so I?ll find out then.

Sorry - just realized this was the sideshow forum. If you take a look at the Robot Japan forum for GX-71, you?ll see that there are people that received theirs at the $265 price from Amazon. They also have a dedicated GX-88 thread.

SOUL OF CHOGOKIN - GX-71 GOLION/VOLTRON
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...com/thread/24265&share_type=t&link_source=app

Soul of Chogokin GX-88 Vehicle Voltron/Dairugger
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...com/thread/25531&share_type=t&link_source=app

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ah hell.

bro trust me on this, I was the same way, When the 2016 release came I thought nothing of it, it looked cool but passed on it, then saw how much they went for after they sold out initianlly, then I gave up on the idea of ever owning one, I know how the toy market works in japan, I have been collecting Saint Seiya figures since the 1990's after demand for them picked up after ebay was mainstream and not niched, before I could get a rare fig for 30 dollars before demand made them go for 200 now they stay above said pricing. But with Voltron, it has always been a niched fandom that always demands expensive pricing on items not sold recently, heck even the mattel version was 300 per lion at on point, now the priced has dramatically dropped. Granted I kept my ear on the ground regarding this knowing Bandai would reissue this at one point and it bandai if you hear rocks down the stream expect a flood, they love reissues, but I was patient, check this forum everyday, saw every single post that came up in regards to new stock updates and I had like 20 times to buy this at retail from this site alone, I'm one of those buyers that If I wait for something to drop it will never happen so I become pro active about it and it paid off, during the short amount of time it was up on BBTS, I got one for me, and made a fake account to get a second one because they track you by email and not address, and managed to do the impossible and GET a replacement figure for free after an even exchange something that would have made me **** out of luck if I tried it now.

I buy to keep so yes I can say I bought two at retail price and opened both and enjoy them, so just be patient and if you want it get it, right now since the reissues are still fresh and bandai has been shipping like 200 a month, keep checking the websites daily, or wait for the third reissue years down the road with probable fixes as they usually do with their "reborn" lines...

I will admit though I missed the boat on Dairugger Armored because that's my hey if I can get one then yeah, but not really all crazy about that purchase anyways, I'm more of a golion fan than anything haha

A couple of people have stated that they?ve received theirs already and they are legit. The ones I pointed out were specifically sold by Amazon, so I don?t think they are KOs. My delivery date got pushed up to Friday, so I?ll find out then.

Sorry - just realized this was the sideshow forum. If you take a look at the Robot Japan forum for GX-71, you?ll see that there are people that received theirs at the $265 price from Amazon. They also have a dedicated GX-88 thread.

SOUL OF CHOGOKIN - GX-71 GOLION/VOLTRON
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...com/thread/24265&share_type=t&link_source=app

Soul of Chogokin GX-88 Vehicle Voltron/Dairugger
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...com/thread/25531&share_type=t&link_source=app

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the link! Hopefully I can find some info on snagging one.

That's awesome if you really scored a legit GoLion at that price!

Thanks for the link! Hopefully I can find some info on snagging one.

That's awesome if you really scored a legit GoLion at that price!

Looks legit. Hopefully the sticker comes off the slipcover easily.

16340b37adddd6393515e004cf354d41.jpg

Back