Bandai GX-71 Beast King GoLion - Voltron

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So that info about it coming out in 2021 is fake?

Seems to me that Tendou Toys was right on the money, Ottomanfan better get one, this is your chance you got this!!!

The prices are not as high as the first release and that?s a good thing [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have said if I can get it for retail I absolutely would....but last time they reissued it Chinese bots bought them all in minutes. Wonder where the best place to attempt to pre-order would be...

its real people!!! August 2021

353F5C8D-5284-42E6-9694-352F01C67769.jpeg

Yup, anyone who doesn't have this, who wants it, better do their damnedest to get it in August.
Really is a fantastic piece. Really one of the best that Soul of Chogokin has put out. It's large, heavy, the paint and sculpt really pop on the shelves!!!

Apparently three stores had up preorders already (HLJ, amiami, and anime-export), but sold out almost instantly. Typical Bandai preorder again.

It?s Japan pre order, give it about two weeks to 1 month for the USA orders, I?m just wondering if there?s anything different with this version, the last two had yellow chrome, i wonder if the chrome on this is white like the GX-88

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have said if I can get it for retail I absolutely would....but last time they reissued it Chinese bots bought them all in minutes. Wonder where the best place to attempt to pre-order would be...

Get it on BBTS, it?s on preorder NOW!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sold out.

Clearly Bandai has no intention of ever letting me buy this mother****er.

Try standing by with entertainment earth next.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I appreciate the link Mr Bogus, but I'm in Japan so unless I can get it from a Japanese retailer I'm looking at insane markups and shipping anyway. But thank you!

I appreciate the link Mr Bogus, but I'm in Japan so unless I can get it from a Japanese retailer I'm looking at insane markups and shipping anyway. But thank you!

Same here. Pretty ridiculous that we can?t even get one here but foreign distributors seem to be getting a good amount of stock.

I could just slap the hell out of whoever at Bandai is constantly deciding to make these "extremely limited quantities." This is the THIRD run of this toy. Didn't they learn a goddamn thing the first two times? Do they not like money??

Why the **** isn't this available on their own website??

I could just slap the hell out of whoever at Bandai is constantly deciding to make these "extremely limited quantities." This is the THIRD run of this toy. Didn't they learn a goddamn thing the first two times? Do they not like money??

Fully agree. Mind boggling.

While it's extremely frustrating and sucks for those who miss it, it's smart on Bandai's end. It's actually good business sense. Simple Economics. By keeping quantity low the demand will stay high. Instead of releasing a bunch into the market and fulfilling demand, they have an opportunity to do a re release every couple years and still be guaranteed interest. If the product sits, then interest wanes. Retailers won't buy as much as consumers aren't excited about it. Plus, it garners interest from new collectors and makes them look at other offerings in the line. High aftermarket prices is a good thing for them. It's all about perceived value. Plus they get to slowly raise the price every release. It's gone from I believe it's initial release at $280, then $300, now $330. Next release will be $350.

I still haven't opened and displayed mine that I was lucky enough to get from BBTS during it's second release 2 years ago. I was almost considering buying another one to be able to display Voltron in both combined form and have individual lions in front. As I believe a lot of collectors have done. One of these days I'll be able to display him with my original Bandai GoDaikin GoLion that I purchased new in the 80's as a kid that I also have had boxed up (complete in original box) since the late 80's. So glad I never got rid of it. Many times over the years I was tempted to sell it on EBay. I also have the Lego set new in the box I found sitting alone on the shelf in a Walmart discounted at 30% off (must've been a web return as these were only available direct from Lego or online). Couldn't believe the price when I scanned it. Hadn't intended to buy that either, but it was too good to pass up.

I hope everyone here that wants one is able to get one. Keep checking sites.

Back