baloo custom biomask for HT original Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lecture ... We should even continue this thread only in French: the first and only thread in FV called "The invasion of froggies has just begun!" :lol

...But I'm not sure it would encounter a great success! :lol

:lol Baloo, youre a funny guy, my friend!
Maintenant se remettre au travail sur le masque. J'ai attendu cinq mois pour cela!
Qu'est-ce que vous avez si long?
:wink1:

... It's no worse than when Master Yoda expresses himself! :lol

Hum... Sorry! :monkey3

:cuckoo:

How? Want to take over? Have you ever really seen an angry bear?

picture.php

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Last edited:
HI THIERRY!

Just popping in here to let you know that I've been following this thread every step of the way and that you'll have my everlasting support! :) Don't let your emotions get dragged down by only a handful of people who have no business courtesy, which may or may not be a misunderstanding. Keep the fight going because you're backed up by the rest of us which is LEGION.

Anyway, I'm still trying to decide how would I wish to fashion my mask from you in terms of paint which is VERY VERY important for me. As a fellow collector said earlier, I would be more interested in black eye lenses on the mask rather than netted mesh as well. Also, the current final paint job on full ultimate is too muddy and dirty for me, considering the brown mud marks and black splotches of bullet damage on it.

I wouldn't want it to be TOO new in the Full New version either so I'm worried that I may have difficulty in explaining to you what sort of paint job I want in the end. If it helps in any indication, if you bought Alejandro's recent final mask, the paint job he did for me was satisfactory in a sense that it was nice and shiny, but it was also slightly dirty as well.

Also, I'm waiting for final news on the Hot Toys Classic Predator. I'm thinking of using your biomask to replace the damaged one but I hope the face/mandibles can actually fit your mask. I prefer the new body compared to the old one.

@ Terminator_Fan_Game: ... And I wouldn't want neither! :lol

@ viruz777: Hi David!
Many thanks for your "everlasting support"!!! This means a lot to me, you know. :1-1:
That's it: your turn is coming, my friend! :D

Regarding lenses, sincerely I prefer the version "smoky mirror" with the mesh, but it's personal. That'll be as you wish. :wink1:
About the painting "Battle Damage", I think I understand what you want: a light veil of semi-transparent silver color applied just before the varnish (and so over the BD effects) should do the trick. And maybe you'd prefer a gloss instead of satin varnish that I use for versions "Battle Damage"?
Do not worry, we will find is it you want.

Finally, I also look forward to the Classic Predator to adapt it for P1. From what I read, it seems that the damaged mask is integral with the head. If it can be removed, I'll see if my Bio fits seamlessly.
The easiest way would be even to retrieve the head of the P1...

That's it: your turn is coming, my friend! :D

Haha my turn can wait as long as I get the perfect mask from you once and for all so I can afford to be patient and not rush things.

Regarding lenses, sincerely I prefer the version "smoky mirror" with the mesh, but it's personal. That'll be as you wish. :wink1:

The mesh does look nice but i'm afraid that it will "see through" to the eyes which is why I'd rather it be cover by black lenses instead.

About the painting "Battle Damage", I think I understand what you want: a light veil of semi-transparent silver color applied just before the varnish (and so over the BD effects) should do the trick. And maybe you'd prefer a gloss instead of satin varnish that I use for versions "Battle Damage"?

This was what I was worried about :lol It's the kind of "painting language" that I can never understand haha. Usually I decide whether I like the paint by looking at it through pictures. So far the pictures you've posted are great but not to my customised liking. So it's quite hard to make a decision on how I want it to be painted based on your detailing because I can't exactly imagine how it will look unless I see it. We need to get the paint right because once you've painted it, there's no going back and you can't change it anymore.

Finally, I also look forward to the Classic Predator to adapt it for P1. From what I read, it seems that the damaged mask is integral with the head. If it can be removed, I'll see if my Bio fits seamlessly.
The easiest way would be even to retrieve the head of the P1...
Yes we can only hope :pray: The reason is because if HT manages to make the dreads more flowy and natural like the newer predators, then I will use that head as main one for p1 instead because I don't want to keep modding my p1 dreads or else they will tear away and decay.

Thanks again, David! :1-1:

You fear that one can see the eyes of the Predator behind the lenses, right?
It is not: the versions "New" and "Classic" have lenses only transparent smoked, and already you can not see the eyes. This is even more marked with the mirror effect, and the mesh decal adds more character and class matching more to the mask of the film. But as I've already said, no worries : that'll be as you wish.

"Painting language" for you... Or perhaps "barrier language" for me! :lol
Do you think that shots would not be enough to make your opinion? Even if you would be disappointed in the patina of my mask, everything still rectifiable, you know. :wink1:

C est sûr surtout le "classic" je vais le préco direct lol de toute façon il sera dispo pour decembre donc tout va bien. Tu vas te l'offrir j'espere =)

Greg, je suis très attentivement la comic con' et j'ai bien entendu vu pas mal de photos de la bestiole. Franchement belle réalisation mais je me demande si elle ne fera pas double emploi avec le jungle pred original. Certes Hot toys a bien progressé dans le réalisme de la fig (comparable à celui des trois predators) mais je la trouve globalement moins "fun". Et puis j'ai un gros doute sur le fait qu'on puisse retirer le biomask. Mais bon, au côté du Berseker ça pourrait le faire ! Mais il est clair que mon premier reflex à été de penser à sa préco !!!
Au fait, je t'ai envoyé un email. :wink1:
:wave:wave:wave

"Painting language" for you... Or perhaps "barrier language" for me! :lol
Do you think that shots would not be enough to make your opinion? Even if you would be disappointed in the patina of my mask, everything still rectifiable, you know. :wink1:

Hehe not at all my friend your English is fine, it's just stuff like how you said about veil and varnish and stuff which I don't really understand. I hate customising to be honest which is why I'd rather buy something that's already ready made to be beautiful and perfect ;) But this cannot be so in the collection industry haha.

Anyway, based on the shots, I can be 100% sure that I don't want brown mud on the mask, too much black dirt all over it and I'd still wish to keep the shiny-ness of the mask. The silver paint that Alejandro used for his final mask felt perfect for me in that sense because it was shiny but also slightly dirty at the same time. Is that the same paint that you use for your full new/ultimate?

Thierry je pense que viruz777 préfère la peinture du prototype battle damaged... t'as pas une ou deux photos à poster pour comparer?

@ viruz777: ... Do I use the same paint as Alejandro, right? I don't know, my friend! :dunno
Haven't you pictures of what you expect?... Right away it would be easier, hehe. :wink1:
But from what you say, that's what I have in mind: less than patina and glossy varnish instead of satin varnish.

Viruz777 you want a paint job like that?

Hi Yautja-fr yes I like that silver paint that baloo used except that there is too much battle-damage and dirt on it so it covers alot of the silver-ness.

Alejandro used a darker gray in that second pictures you posted but I asked him to make it "less dirty" for me also, so it was not as dark and gray but sort of lighter gray (although not as light as baloo's one)

Thanks for posting the comparison pictures though i think it gives a better picture and definitely a step closer to getting an idea what paint job I really want :1-1:

So much the worse, I'm repeating myself (after that, one will be able to say that it is the age, he rambles... :lol): David, why do not you post pictures of your Alejandro's mask? :pray:
... It would be so easy! :panic: :lol

Ah yes I have posted it before actually in the HT original photo thread. Can't recall where though hehe. I'll post some here but I won't want it to be the EXACT SAME duplicate of paint because I appreciate the difference in your own style of handiwork Thierry.

So no pressure ;)

Here's a few extra. Ignore the yellow circles, I did it and sent those pictures to Alejandro to ask him about the unsymmetrical eyes because one seemed "squintier"/smaller than the other eye and not balanced.

Back