1/6 Avengers: Endgame - 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark LXXXV (Battle Damaged Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It wouldn't take much for them to put another led in his chest to light up the cracks in his armor beside the arc reactor. After they screwed us on the regular version they owe us every detail on this one.View attachment 502306View attachment 502307

They should, but they won't...and given the recent fiasco let's hope HT puts their priority on the headsculpt above all else. :pray:

It wouldn't take much for them to put another led in his chest to light up the cracks in his armor beside the arc reactor. After they screwed us on the regular version they owe us every detail on this one.View attachment 502306 IMG_7788.jpg

I really wonder if this sculpt will stay as is, rather than also reverting to a previous sculpt. I do like it.

Exactly. Also captures the emotion of the moment. No blank stare.

They'd be crazy to change it, but then going by recent history......
After hot toys received so much negative feedback from collectors not happy with the Endgame non battle damaged head sculpt, maybe that will ensure hot toys delivers the prototype head sculpt with the production version of the battle damaged figure, instead of having to send out replacement head sculpts again....:slap

After hot toys received so much negative feedback from collectors not happy with the Endgame non battle damaged head sculpt, maybe that will ensure hot toys delivers the prototype head sculpt with the production version of the battle damaged figure, instead of having to send out replacement head sculpts again....:slap

I’m hoping for this silver lining as well. I don’t care if they have to pay their mass production painters more and hire more QC, they can’t afford to slip up at all. They are officially on scrutinize watch.

This sculpt is epically good... would be heartbroken with anything less...

However, collecting for so many years, HT does seem to have some pride. They don't like being 1 upped, and usually bounce back.
The original Hulkbuster was delayed for over a year because other company's had more functions like the ability to shove an Ironman into it. HT retooled the whole thing and added some diecast to show they were number 1.

Sideshow 1:1 The Child / Grogu was the clear winner over HT, they went and modified a moveable jaw. Confident HT won't flop on this release. Hard to say on Captain since its already manufactured.

From my understanding, HT works with multiple factories to get their stuff made. I'm sure there is always 2-3 (probably out of 10 they use) that have better quality, their option "A". Confident they will assign them to the Mark 85BD.

However, collecting for so many years, HT does seem to have some pride. They don't like being 1 upped, and usually bounce back.
The original Hulkbuster was delayed for over a year because other company's had more functions like the ability to shove an Ironman into it. HT retooled the whole thing and added some diecast to show they were number 1.

Sideshow 1:1 The Child / Grogu was the clear winner over HT, they went and modified a moveable jaw. Confident HT won't flop on this release. Hard to say on Captain since its already manufactured.

From my understanding, HT works with multiple factories to get their stuff made. I'm sure there is always 2-3 (probably out of 10 they use) that have better quality, their option "A". Confident they will assign them to the Mark 85BD.

They'd be really stupid not to after the harsh lesson they learned from going cheap with the clean Mk 85.

I mentioned this in the other mark 85 thread but feel like they could've done more here. Another sculpt after the snap. Even a simple unarmored left hand. Both these releases seem underwhelming for his last armor.Screenshot_20201229-215226_UPlayer.jpgScreenshot_20201229-215133_UPlayer.jpg

I mentioned this in the other mark 85 thread but feel like they could've done more here. Another sculpt after the snap. Even a simple unarmored left hand. Both these releases seem underwhelming for his last armor.View attachment 502505View attachment 502506

Yeah, I agree with you. When they first announced the BD 85 I was kinda expecting the half crispy Tony...HT is probably saving that for the 2.0 DX version they'll release in 2023.

I mentioned this in the other mark 85 thread but feel like they could've done more here. Another sculpt after the snap. Even a simple unarmored left hand. Both these releases seem underwhelming for his last armor.View attachment 502505View attachment 502506

I wouldn't be suprised if there is one more armor.......Multiverse of Madness........would be very easy for them to drop him in for a scene.

Yeah, I agree with you. When they first announced the BD 85 I was kinda expecting the half crispy Tony...HT is probably saving that for the 2.0 DX version they'll release in 2023.

Haha, bang on! DX version, anniversary version, 1/4 scale version....
Enough re releases to catch up to the 6 or 7 Nolan batman releases :rotfl

I wouldn't be suprised if there is one more armor.......Multiverse of Madness........would be very easy for them to drop him in for a scene.

That's right!sddefault.jpg I forgot about the special Tom Cruise multiverse release haha

Now there is a man of logic and reason. All good points.

I mean, any company would feel slapped a bit by the customer feedback. But that's what its for. All this social media likes and hearts crap gives them a false feeling of everything being great imo.

Anyway, like you say I'm sure they'll bounce back. After all it should be the pinnacle of any Iron Man collection after so many movies. It's got to be 1000%. And they know that deep down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just my 2 cents, but I don't think that Marvel would approve of what amounts to a dead Tony sculpt.

Maybe a 3rd party?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if Sideshow are selling the standard edition version. Only see the Special Edition version which I find odd. Thought they would offer both surely?

Just my 2 cents, but I don't think that Marvel would approve of what amounts to a dead Tony sculpt.

Maybe a 3rd party?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Meh I doubt it, it's not like Marvel was acting especially Puritan about it. They open up FFH with that lighthearted comic sans school announcement gag and also show him as a zombie with exposed skull in Mysterio's illusions, which Hot Toys made a figure of. I think it's just a matter of Hot Toys not wanting or feeling the need to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys and gals, ughh Hot Toys :mad:

I noticed this right away when announced but I?ve kept my whining mouth shut until now since I?ve had the regular Mk. LXXXV for a couple weeks messing around posing and swapping in some Mk. L parts and accessories. It?s great that the colors match to my eyes and light (even during the day) even though some things are completely different sculpts (I?m looking at you accessory holding hands o_o)! Considering the ridiculously expensive price for the BD Mk. LXXXV, they should be including a pair of the soft plastic/vinyl open fists that came with the Mk. L accessory pack so that the figure can hold onto the energy blade and the holo shield SECURELY. I decided to rock this pose long term for my shelf until the BD Mk. LXXXV arrives where I know I?ll swap some parts around (most likely the regular rocking the holo shield and the energy blade):
BF25AD35-8F94-4595-B2E1-3DFEFEE3B1BC.jpg
And if you notice his left hand, it?s the Mk. L accessory pack open fist soft plastic/vinyl left hand for securely holding onto weapons like the energy blade and shields. For an extra $23 USD extra over the standard Mk. LXXXV, I?d think an extra pair of the proper vinyl hands to securely hold onto the included accessories would not be too much of an ask. Sure, it could be kinda argued that the BD Mk. LXXXV as shown is priced accordingly when comparing it to the other figures in the catalog, even directly to the standard Mk. LXXXV, Rescue, Mk. VII diecast, Mk. L and Mysterio?s IM Illusion but in the quantities this will be produced, I?d guess the cost per vinyl hand can?t be more than $1-$2 each! Lastly, breaking it down, sure, it comes with 2 extra/unique hands with nicely engineered light piping (if the relaxed and gestured/snapping hands) are as well done as the articulated one that comes with both versions of the Mk. LXXXV. It is honestly their best light piped small accessory they have made to date as only the bigger Mind Stone seems just a minor shade darker than the other 5 and barely noticeable In my opinion. So including R&D costs, let?s be nice and say $5 each for a $10 total which still leaves $13 over the standard. Also, I would bet that the materials and paint used for the 2 claw blasters, energy blade and translucent holo shield are either equal or less than the total materials and paint used for the lightning refocuser. Sure the claw blasters each lave LEDs and wires but all 4 pieces are molds repurposed from the Mk. L and accessory pack plus the holo shield has minimal to no paint whatsoever.
F7EF126C-30FD-41D7-9685-451309CE4214.jpg
So accessory for accessory I still believe that the absolute most has gone into the 2 unique Nano Gauntlet hands as the articulated 3rd one was also used in the standard Mk. LXXXV which would be +$10 Max. And the 2 claw blasters + energy blade + translucent (not unique molds) = lightning refocuser (the thing is massive and heavy). The only thing that I would possibly attribute the last $13 extra would be the LED ?veins? in the BD right forearm which still seems a bit too high so include the switchover to painting the grimy, gunmetal, gross BD gashes throughout the rest of the ?modified? sculpted parts on the armor. One thing that I do know for certain is that the cost associated with modifying existing molds to having BD scars is mostly is paint as the mold is already done and most good companies with even minor experience can add the BD in half a day but it is mostly the paint application that ?sells? the look.
116E240D-F7A2-45EF-95D2-E546E522458E.jpeg
Sorry, that was a really long ramble of me trying to vent AGAIN about yet another shortcut/rip-off/bait-and-switch which again is minor like usual but first hand (lol, pun not intended) account I will tell you that the articulated hands can hold the energy sword, the Mk. L shield has clamps but the holo shield doesn?t appear to have 2, only 1 so far, but even the energy sword in the articulated hand is not secure. And I?ll remind any seasoned HT IM collector how the more you pose those teeny, tiny, little joints, the less stiff they stay (which sometimes can be even a single bend, sometimes you never feel them go loose and if you know, you know that even sometimes there is a loose finger right out of the box). So honestly, my recommendation for anyone planning on posing the HT BD/Reg. IM Mk. LXXXV with the energy sword and/or the holo shield should try right now to find the parted out soft plastic/vinyl open fists included with the Mk. L accessory pack. Toy Anxiety sells those pieces FIRST, which makes sense as it seems people are gearing up now that the Mk. LXXXV is out. Obviously I?d recommend trying everywhere like Monkey Depot and the eBay too but check often and order right away.

Back