Avengers: Endgame - 1/6th scale Captain Marvel Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I've discovered the most disgusting price for this yet in the UK..

339 GBP at Zavvi.

Yeaaaah, no thanks. Seems the common price is 270GBP ish with only one retailer going below 240.

I really want this but am totally stuck between waiting or pre-ordering now since the UK retailers tend to miraculously run out of stock way in advance of release. Would get it from Toys Wonderland (as said earlier) but paying up front (or in 6 months) when it's Hot Toys we're talking about (who rarely stick to any release window). Yeahh.

What are you guys doing? pre-ordering or waiting?
Yeah the UK prices are crazy on most Hot Toys atm, one of the reasons I'm scaling back on them. Admittedly as good as it looks I'm not getting this figure, but the cheapest I've seen it was for 229 pounds at The Good, The Bad & The Robots - but there is a delivery charge so you'd be adding another 12GBP on top of that.

I think I've discovered the most disgusting price for this yet in the UK..

339 GBP at Zavvi.

Yeaaaah, no thanks. Seems the common price is 270GBP ish with only one retailer going below 240.

I really want this but am totally stuck between waiting or pre-ordering now since the UK retailers tend to miraculously run out of stock way in advance of release. Would get it from Toys Wonderland (as said earlier) but paying up front (or in 6 months) when it's Hot Toys we're talking about (who rarely stick to any release window). Yeahh.

What are you guys doing? pre-ordering or waiting?

Toys Buying Agent has it for 20% down, so you don't have to pay all up front.

Yep, we're in the same boat it seems, you and I! The ultimate collector's dilemma! :gah:

Meh character (ex: Shuri), amazing likeness = must buy.
Awesome character (ex: IW Cap), meh likeness = sad pass (but money saved!)

:panic:
Two great examples lol. I hope we don't actually have to wait over a year to see how this turns out.

Really? As I recall you were quite ambivalent about it...

:chase

Ha...do you really wanna get me started? I will break out the charts, polling, and 20 page thesis on how the Chadwick sculpt was the biggest bait and switch scam of HT history!!! :lecture

Two great examples lol. I hope we don't actually have to wait over a year to see how this turns out.

I still regret not picking up Yondu...what a magnificent sculpt and overall figure!!! But my rule at the time was he's not even an A-tier character, so I'd be splurging on something non-essential...ever since that debacle I have said I must buy as long as the portrait is DOPE!!!

I love the fact that now HK sellers prices are so affordable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anybody know how much later that later batch is exactly compared to Sideshow getting theirs in hand. If there’s even a known answer to that.

Anybody know how much later that later batch is exactly compared to Sideshow getting theirs in hand. If there?s even a known answer to that.

I believe it means it will be closer to sideshow instead of the HK first releases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anybody know how much later that later batch is exactly compared to Sideshow getting theirs in hand. If there?s even a known answer to that.

Later Batch means main production batch. So the same time as Sideshow. Sometimes even a bit earlier when SS doesn't kick up a stink :lol

Thanks, guys. That definitely seems the way to go although a first batch isn't as bad as I thought it'd be.

Time is money, after all.

Im thinking of transitioning from Sideshow to HK sellers since I save some money and tax...

I'm tempted to switch going forward but would likely not have the discipline not to choose that "first batch" option which would negate all of my tax savings. Most of my Sideshow preorders were placed in 2019 so tax won't be applicable on those. Wish I wouldn't have waited so long to PO the Hulkbuster :(

Im thinking of transitioning from Sideshow to HK sellers since I save some money and tax...

Frankly the wait on the Hot Toys figure of her from Captain Marvel is killing me crummy that ebay charges sales tax for a transaction from a seller outside the US...Call me crazy am I the only who also wants a figure of her as Vers?

Frankly the wait on the Hot Toys figure of her from Captain Marvel is killing me crummy that ebay charges sales tax for a transaction from a seller outside the US...Call me crazy am I the only who also wants a figure of her as Vers?

Well I did see this earlier today on Sideshow, not sure when it will come up for pre order (it could be a long time) ...

Attachments

• 11488013-D551-4D36-A645-3CD547E2C335.jpeg
    11488013-D551-4D36-A645-3CD547E2C335.jpeg
    221 KB · Views: 294

Well I did see this earlier today on Sideshow, not sure when it will come up for pre order (it could be a long time) ...

You're not alone, I would definitely want the Vers Starforce suit!!!!!! :thud:

I'm speculating it's not up for pre-order due to licensing issues; as I do not see as much Starforce CM merchandise compared to the regular CM stuff (again I'm just speculating). I would have thought it'd been put up for a regular PO, but alas. Perchance they'll release it as a toy fair exclusive later on.

That was shown at last years SDCC (along with Yon-Rogg) & I'm still not convinced it will ever see the light of day.
These take years from being teased at SDCC to make it to product
Take the Arkham Knight Batgorl figure for Example...first teased at SDCC in 2018, only just gone up for Pre-order & not due until Q2 2021!!

Take this with a massive pinch of salt & prepare to be let down

Neil

Back