Avengers: Endgame - 1/6th scale Captain Marvel Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure that the stones had anything to do with the headbutt or Sanctuary 2. She took down Ronan's ships with ease in CM (including a flagship) and that was on her first flight.

Yup, and we already saw that she has a "power up" mode where she gets a whole lot more powerful, so I just assumed that's what was happening in EG.

Is that what happens? It appeared to me that was just her natural strength at work, and Thanos was the one who needed to absorb the stones in order to defeat her. Guess I need to watch again...
Yeah I know. But IF customs stop it you're likely looking at the 10 difference between buying from the UK. Worse if the courier take a "handling" charge on top.

Dunno though, haven't used Toy Wonderland yet so cannot say how likely that is or isn't. You do also have to pay for the entire thing after 6 months OR immediately if you use PayPal. Can afford to do that but anything can happen in the years between now and this seeing the light of day (this is Hot Toys after all).

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

iLlMmza.gif

Yeah I know. But IF customs stop it you're likely looking at the 10 difference between buying from the UK. Worse if the courier take a "handling" charge on top.

Dunno though, haven't used Toy Wonderland yet so cannot say how likely that is or isn't. You do also have to pay for the entire thing after 6 months OR immediately if you use PayPal. Can afford to do that but anything can happen in the years between now and this seeing the light of day (this is Hot Toys after all).

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Ah yes, fair enough, there is always the risk! FWIW I've made a couple of orders with them to the UK and never had any charges, and was only prompted to use them after hearing similar things over here. They mark hot toys as $5 "toy dolls":lol

Ha yeah you're definitely right. I've seen that they tend to take far longer than UK sellers to sell out 2nd batch pre-orders if at all, so lately I've taken to just ordering close to/at release and only for items where it'll save me at least 20gbp if no customs. For me that's worth the gamble!

Considering CM2 has been pushed back to the end of July 2022, you'll have a good 2+ years to own and grow tired of this Endgame version before you have to worry about her next figure:lol

I just really wish they would've thrown in the concept helmet. Pretty sure she was wearing the helmet in all the trailers before the movie too.

View attachment 483524

Yes but it was the one from the solo movie, just a different color

0Mx0CRJ.jpg

Hmm, so I guess 2.0 is a brand new sculpt.

Well I must say I don't like, nor do I care about the character, but my general rule of collecting is if HT knocks the likeness out of the park, then I'm all in...so I may potentially own a CM after all...
Exactly my feelings, I have to consider getting this now lol. I wish HT would be this good more often but I guess it saves me money.

Exactly my feelings, I have to consider getting this now lol. I wish HT would be this good more often but I guess it saves me money.

Yep, we're in the same boat it seems, you and I! The ultimate collector's dilemma! :gah:

Meh character (ex: Shuri), amazing likeness = must buy.
Awesome character (ex: IW Cap), meh likeness = sad pass (but money saved!)

:panic:

w6rRo0V.png

LhZmh2o.png

XjzfV1n.png

Wowwww, the (newer lol) head sculpt looking spot on! The first film version is fantastic in my opinion, and to me HT captured B.L. in that sculpt but what is ever so discernible is I think they made her face a tad skinnier, but in the prototype EG sculpt it definitely looks like they've 'filled' her out. I'm happy with both :) :) :)

I have the deluxe captain marvel arriving whenever it gets to sideshow and still think this endgame one is a superb fig. Im trying to convince my wife of the same, especially because she loves the solo movie version(Gotta love that the wife is into the hobby as much as me). I would have the solo movie with the mohawk helmet and this one with just the surprisingly spot on head sculpt. They are different enough. Props to hot toys on that head sculpt for sure.

Yep, we're in the same boat it seems, you and I! The ultimate collector's dilemma! :gah:

Meh character (ex: Shuri), amazing likeness = must buy.
Awesome character (ex: IW Cap), meh likeness = sad pass (but money saved!)

:panic:

Yup that?s me, and this capt marvel has the amazing comic book costume, I wish they did not include the ironman gauntlet and sell it cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup that?s me, and this capt marvel has the amazing comic book costume, I wish they did not include the ironman gauntlet and sell it cheaper.

OR you could buy the EG CM version and then sell the gauntlet off and lower the overall cost! :lecture

w6rRo0V.png

LhZmh2o.png

XjzfV1n.png

Wowwww, the (newer lol) head sculpt looking spot on! The first film version is fantastic in my opinion, and to me HT captured B.L. in that sculpt but what is ever so discernible is I think they made her face a tad skinnier, but in the prototype EG sculpt it definitely looks like they've 'filled' her out. I'm happy with both :) :) :)

Honestly I think the thing that hurts the first sculpt more than anything is the blank expression. They gave her a much more fierce and determined look here which helps tremendously.

Honestly I think the thing that hurts the first sculpt more than anything is the blank expression. They gave her a much more fierce and determined look here which helps tremendously.

Well the likeness on 1.0 wasn't very strong to start off with, coupled with the poor paint job, and the lack of detail in the long hair, and you end up with a very underwhelming headsculpt (in my opinion).

The 2.0 benefits from a far superior likeness, the paint apps look amazing on the proto so far, and I think the shorter hair def helps (plus it's also painted better too, more textures and colors).

Well the likeness on 1.0 wasn't very strong to start off with, coupled with the poor paint job, and the lack of detail in the long hair, and you end up with a very underwhelming headsculpt (in my opinion).

The 2.0 benefits from a far superior likeness, the paint apps look amazing on the proto so far, and I think the shorter hair def helps (plus it's also painted better too, more textures and colors).

Now we have to hope that it translates well to the production version. Remember the Boseman production sculpt?

I think I've discovered the most disgusting price for this yet in the UK..

339 GBP at Zavvi.

Yeaaaah, no thanks. Seems the common price is 270GBP ish with only one retailer going below 240.

I really want this but am totally stuck between waiting or pre-ordering now since the UK retailers tend to miraculously run out of stock way in advance of release. Would get it from Toys Wonderland (as said earlier) but paying up front (or in 6 months) when it's Hot Toys we're talking about (who rarely stick to any release window). Yeahh.

What are you guys doing? pre-ordering or waiting?

Back