Avengers: Age of Ultron (May 1st, 2015)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol

giphy.gif

oh man that was great episode of TBBT :clap

Published January 14, 2015 by Devin Faraci
Spider-Man May Return Home For AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR PART I

A new rumor says Marvel is getting Spidey back.

Latino Review is saying that Marvel and Sony have worked out their issues and that Spider-Man will return home in Avengers: Infinity War Part I in 2018. The site further backs up reporting I've done, saying that Captain America and Thor will not be in that movie, but will return in Part II a year later.

I trust Latino Review on this. I know that their Marvel sources are good, and they've often been really ahead of the curve on Marvel stuff. I reached out to some of my people and haven't heard back - a silence that feels like a refusal to deny. But I do have to remind you to keep one thing in mind: things change. I believe that Marvel is preparing to put Spider-Man in Infinity War I... but they were also preparing to put him in Captain America: Civil War. The will to do it isn't the same thing as the ability to do it. Until there's a script for the film there's no way of knowing what will actually happen in the movie.

We know that Sony is having a Spider-Man summit this month, but we don't know what has/will happen there (a bogus report is floating around claiming they're planning a Spidey movie that would see Andrew Garfield go toe-to-toe with Tobey Maguire). If the summit has happened it's possible that Sony and Marvel have reached an agreement, but an agreement isn't a legal deal. Whatever is agreed will need to wend its way through the legal departments of both studios, which could take time and could cause problems.

The big stumbling block for getting Spidey at Marvel is Avi Arad; Avi is attached to the property in an ironclad way, and Kevin Feige will never work with that old man again. There's no love lost between the two, and Feige is frankly in a '**** you' position when it comes to Spider-Man - it would be cool for Marvel to get him the studio certainly isn't hurting for him. Unless Sony figured out how to freeze Avi out I just don't know how they could ever reach a deal.

But like I said, Latino Review's source on this is a good one. I just hope everybody doesn't jump to the conclusion that it is happening. A lot can change between now and 2018.

I would have thought it would be free shipping, or do you mean it would take a long time :dunno

Paddling 200 miles from the hub island to mine is a long time :lol

And honestly I'm getting bored with the Spiderman talk already, rumors been going around for months already. I'll only believe Fiege at this point.

Latino Review is saying that Marvel and Sony have worked out their issues and that Spider-Man will return home in Avengers: Infinity War Part I in 2018. The site further backs up reporting I've done, saying that Captain America and Thor will not be in that movie, but will return in Part II a year later.

I trust Latino Review on this. I know that their Marvel sources are good, and they've often been really ahead of the curve on Marvel stuff. I reached out to some of my people and haven't heard back - a silence that feels like a refusal to deny. But I do have to remind you to keep one thing in mind: things change. I believe that Marvel is preparing to put Spider-Man in Infinity War I... but they were also preparing to put him in Captain America: Civil War. The will to do it isn't the same thing as the ability to do it. Until there's a script for the film there's no way of knowing what will actually happen in the movie.

We know that Sony is having a Spider-Man summit this month, but we don't know what has/will happen there (a bogus report is floating around claiming they're planning a Spidey movie that would see Andrew Garfield go toe-to-toe with Tobey Maguire). If the summit has happened it's possible that Sony and Marvel have reached an agreement, but an agreement isn't a legal deal. Whatever is agreed will need to wend its way through the legal departments of both studios, which could take time and could cause problems.

The big stumbling block for getting Spidey at Marvel is Avi Arad; Avi is attached to the property in an ironclad way, and Kevin Feige will never work with that old man again. There's no love lost between the two, and Feige is frankly in a '**** you' position when it comes to Spider-Man - it would be cool for Marvel to get him the studio certainly isn't hurting for him. Unless Sony figured out how to freeze Avi out I just don't know how they could ever reach a deal.

But like I said, Latino Review's source on this is a good one. I just hope everybody doesn't jump to the conclusion that it is happening. A lot can change between now and 2018.

Whether Marvel gets Spidey back or not, Arad must go!

That's good news, if it's true, but I honestly think having Spiderman in Infinity Wars isn't even that necessary. It makes more sense for Thor to be in that film instead of Spiderman, since Infinity War deals with the cosmic universe, aliens, and other planets. Spiderman is a local hero in New York. It makes more sense for him to be part of Civil War, but that's just me.

Push everything back a year and make Civil War part 1 and part 2. Put Spider-Man in Part 2.

Avi arad strikes again....... God this sucks, give spidey back!!!

Push everything back a year and make Civil War part 1 and part 2. Put Spider-Man in Part 2.

This actually would be great. I want to see Spidey in Civil War, I don’t care to see him throwing punches at Thanos.

Spider-Man In AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR? Nope! Sony Reps Dismiss Rumors

The possibility of Spider-Man joining the Marvel Cinematic Universe was first reported on last year after the tepic critical and commerical response to The Amazing Spider-Man 2. The "Sony Hack" would reveal that it was something actively being discussed between Marvel Studios and Sony, with talks seemingly breaking down shortly after, though other reports would later claim otherwise.

Earlier today, we heard that the deal may be done, with Spidey set to appear in Avengers: Infinity War. Comic Book Resources have since reached out to Sony, and a studio representitive told them that the report is an "old rumor" with "no validity whatsoever." Marvel and Disney have not yet responded. Ultimately, this may mean nothing, but it is odd that they would respond this way.

Based on past experience, there's really no way of knowing how to take this as denials have sometimes been proved wrong, and were other times spot on. It's a guessing game!

Regardless, we're going to find out one way or the other soon enough, as Sinister Six is still supposed to be coming out in 2016. So, start counting down the days until that pointless movie is released and the sure to be terrible third instalment of The Amazing Spider-Man franchise. Yay?

****** you, Sony.

Back