Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously, what is up with that? Youtube can support 4K HDR and yet trailers are still uploaded at 1080p with crap compression
I don't even know what I was supposed to take from that teaser, it looks like another Avatar movie I guess. I wont be seeing it.

I see alot of Old Cameron... he's even worked in the hallways and submersible pool from The Abyss.

As everyone noted, it looks like the same movie. Nature vs Machine.

Avatar is like ET -- a good movie that was immensely popular in its day but that hardly anyone watches multiples. It has no longevity.

Would've bought a Hot Toys Neytiri back in the day. Much like the film, the technical execution is what would've made the figure worthwhile.

12 years of innovation later, I don't know that a new film or a new figure can hit as hard anymore.

Last edited:
Holy crap dude I almost burst out a laugh :panic:
I caught the end battle with the blue hero and the evil old white guy mech. I had to turn it after a minute or two it was so bad. I almost did this:

NQe.gif

It's a perfectly cromulent cartoon or video game, but nothing about it looks like an actual movie to me.
Yeh, apart from the finer details this feels like a video game.

The Na'vi irritate me... I don't like the design and the 'noble savage' trope has been done to death. So has the 'white saviour' trope.

A quarter billion dollars buys you "This family is our fortress".

I'd def play 'Assassin's Creed: Pandora' tho.

Yeh, apart from the finer details this feels like a video game.

The Na'vi irritate me... I don't like the design and the 'noble savage' trope has been done to death. So has the 'white saviour' trope.

A quarter billion dollars buys you "This family is our fortress".

I'd def play 'Assassin's Creed: Pandora' tho.
They did announce a game last year:

The problem is you can only play as a Blue Space Cat IIRC. It could still be fun.

As for the flick itself, I may actually go watch it in the theatres. I like colourful and sunny worlds with lots of water. Not seeing anything that grabs my interest in the sense that it's making me go "AVATAR, **** YEAAAAAAA-", but it's got some really cool looking water. And that's a plus for me.

As for the flick itself, I may actually go watch it in the theatres. I like colourful and sunny worlds with lots of water. Not seeing anything that grabs my interest in the sense that it's making me go "AVATAR, **** YEAAAAAAA-", but it's got some really cool looking water. And that's a plus for me.
I heard that the white villains urinate in the water to drive out the blue people.

They did announce a game last year:

The problem is you can only play as a Blue Space Cat IIRC. It could still be fun.

Game looks like a better experience than the movie tbh...

I saw Avatar twice in the cinema, once as 3D the other 2D. First time was great, the second time was a bore-fest - without the spectacle it had nuthin. I felt the same way about Titanic. Second time I saw it was painfully obvious what a dud story it was.

I heard that the white villains urinate in the water to drive out the blue people.
They devise a special method so that they can urinate oil and do double the pollution!

Game looks like a better experience than the movie tbh...

I saw Avatar twice in the cinema, once as 3D the other 2D. First time was great, the second time was a bore-fest - without the spectacle it had nuthin. I felt the same way about Titanic. Second time I saw it was painfully obvious what a dud story it was.
I never went to watch Avatar in the theatres. It just looked... eh. I remember the iphone and console games being pretty cool though.

The game itself could be fun. Even the flick could be a nice breath of fresh air with some beautiful visuals. At this point, this might be good enough.

That's... the way of water. :lol
knuckles-do-you-know-the-way.gif

Dune and Avatar.... so opposite, yet potentially so much the same.

Sand and Sea

Surf and Turf
Sand + Sea = Beach

XvQC.gif

I don't want to go back and rewatch it because then I'll get hit by massive nostalgia waves and brood for a week...

Back