Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even the Avatar world itself (separated from 3D and stunning CGI) seems straight out of one of those stores with crystals, Native American statues, Enya music, burning incense and trickling water features. Where everyone speaks in hushed tones before heading on to the food court for Cinnabons.
:lol :lol

How nice that fans of this will have 2 sixth-scale figures to add to their collections. At least HT was smart enough this go-round to offer Netetyi this time unlike when the original Jake was offered. I remember that figure being available for a long time and having some steep discounts before it finally disappeared. ( I do have a side question- does Neteryi look that masculine in the movie?)

I just don't think these character designs have much display appeal, especially for the real estate they'll take up and wow! If you go for the birds-on-crack that they are riding, heck, it'll require a room!

Still waiting for D+ to skim through the movie and a big "no" on the figures. Has Khev ordered two sets yet? One to display, one to open? :) (I kid, I kid...)

Where's my Andor figures HT?

( I do have a side question- does Neteryi look that masculine in the movie?)
No she was actually pretty hot in the movie... :monkey3

I just don't think these character designs have much display appeal, especially for the real estate they'll take up and wow! If you go for the birds-on-crack that they are riding, heck, it'll require a room!

Still waiting for D+ to skim through the movie and a big "no" on the figures. Has Khev ordered two sets yet? One to display, one to open? :) (I kid, I kid...)
Ha ha, no they're a pass for me. They looked cool on my phone but blown up on my big monitor I agree that their bodies are quite cheap/dated looking. I do think it's cool that they got made though.

FmTVL8tXoBYkklQ

Even the Avatar world itself (separated from 3D and stunning CGI) seems straight out of one of those stores with crystals, Native American statues, Enya music, burning incense and trickling water features. Where everyone speaks in hushed tones before heading on to the food court for Cinnabons

EGGGGGGGGGG-ZACTLY sums it up.

I want to know what happened to the guy who wrote T1 and T2, and Aliens and now he is suddenly blathering about toxic testosterone and how pregnant women are all the equivalent of Goku, a T-1000 and that guy from Assassin's Creed rolled into one. BOLLOCKS. i smell a midlife crisis, I do. Yes indeedy.

Cameron needs an intervention.

EGGGGGGGGGG-ZACTLY sums it up.

I want to know what happened to the guy who wrote T1 and T2, and Aliens and now he is suddenly blathering about toxic testosterone and how pregnant women are all the equivalent of Goku, a T-1000 and that guy from Assassin's Creed rolled into one. BOLLOCKS. i smell a midlife crisis, I do. Yes indeedy.

Cameron needs an intervention.
He’s nearly 70, that’s what happened.

If you don't have to take time out of your life, spend money, and are also blessed with the amazing ability to switch your brain into monkey mode - then sure, you've got a point.

But if you're taking your family and spending a stupid amount of money and time in the hope that the film is not just pretty colors and lights splashed on a screen... I'm going to have to disagree with you.

I can still vividly remember my movie outings at twelve years old (or less); E.T. Jaws, SW, Empire, Raiders, Close Encounters, Blade Runner, The Thing, American Werewolf in London... I could go on and on. All far superior films with far superior scripts and I didn't need monkey brain to enjoy them. In fact, they taught me thing about life at 12 years old.

But if monkey brain is good for you, that's fine and okay. But don't get on your high horse if others expect more from their "entertainment."
So at the age of twelve you vividly remember going to see all those amazing movies! Yet, now you have to spend a stupid amount of money to take your family to go see a movie, that, as an adult, you feel isn’t anything but pretty colors and lights splashed on a screen.

If you bothered to take your kids to Avatar at the age of twelve or younger they would probably think it’s the coolest thing they’d ever seen in their entire lives. They don’t have bias like an adult. Kids haven’t decided those particulars yet.

You’re not vividly remembering those awesome films from back in the day you’re judging them from your adult mind. You think you remember how it was sitting in the theater watching Bladerunner thinking it’s the most amazing movie but at 12 it was above your head. You’re not twelve anymore and you’re not thinking with “your monkey brain” you’ve grown into a judgmental adult.

Maybe
So at the age of twelve you vividly remember going to see all those amazing movies! Yet, now you have to spend a stupid amount of money to take your family to go see a movie, that, as an adult, you feel isn’t anything but pretty colors and lights splashed on a screen.

If you bothered to take your kids to Avatar at the age of twelve or younger they would probably think it’s the coolest thing they’d ever seen in their entire lives. They don’t have bias like an adult. Kids haven’t decided those particulars yet.

You’re not vividly remembering those awesome films from back in the day you’re judging them from your adult mind. You think you remember how it was sitting in the theater watching Bladerunner thinking it’s the most amazing movie but at 12 it was above your head. You’re not twelve anymore and you’re not thinking with “your monkey brain” you’ve grown into a judgmental adult.
If that’s the case then damn shame I wasn’t 12 when I was first introduced to Ewoks.

I want to know what happened to the guy who wrote T1 and T2, and Aliens and now he is suddenly blathering about toxic testosterone and how pregnant women are all the equivalent of Goku, a T-1000 and that guy from Assassin's Creed rolled into one.
Modern Cameron is almost identical to the guy who wrote the three movies listed above.

Sure fatherhood changes you, which AWOW goes out of its way to make a central theme, but otherwise he's still a blatherer (he just blathers about slightly different things) and the action in his films is still more badass than pretty much anything put on screen--from any era.

Modern Cameron is almost identical to the guy who wrote the three movies listed above.

Sure fatherhood changes you, which AWOW goes out of its way to make a central theme, but otherwise he's still a blatherer (he just blathers about slightly different things) and the action in his films is still more badass than pretty much anything put on screen--from any era.
I hear that Cameron is the same as Rian Johnson….

1673718239983.gif

The kids in Avatar -- at least Kiri and the whale boy -- are more interesting (and better actors) than little Johnny Connor.
Exactly! People seem to be forgetting that before Jake Lloyd forever vindicated Edward Furlong and Newt there were a lot of people who had been blasting Cameron for years for taking hardcore sci-fi/horror franchises and "adding annoying cute kids" to the mix. But then TPM came along and people stopped saying that, lol. I even found Tuk (the youngest girl in AWOW) to be quite endearing.

But yes, Newt and John Connor had to be overlooked back in the day. You get used to them at a certain point... but they are not why you go see the movie. Fortunately, Cameron got rid of kids in The Abyss... but sadly added sappy aliens instead.... and he cries every time.

But yes, Newt and John Connor had to be overlooked back in the day. You get used to them at a certain point... but they are not why you go see the movie. Fortunately, Cameron got rid of kids in The Abyss... but sadly added sappy aliens instead....
Yep! Like I said this new supposedly soft Cameron has been around for ages and you're either cool with it or you aren't and that's fine either way. I remember my local reviewer criticizing T2 when it came out because in his words "Cameron has stopped focusing on entertaining and has begun to preach." I mean the movie almost literally ends with the main character telling the audience to go home and try to be better people, lol.

Back