Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm gonna go watch it this weekend hopefully! 😄

Side To Side Reaction GIF

Water Douse GIF

Last edited:
Khev what do you think of people trying to convince you that the movie you love because it has traditional strong family values with organic family dynamics and old school action set pieces is a downright failure soley based on social media scoring metrics….

What say you….

Khev..

Khev…….

1672313915152.gif

Last edited:
Khev what do you think of people trying to convince you that the movie you love because it has traditional strong family values with organic family dynamics and old school action set pieces is a downright failure soley based on social media scoring metrics….

What say you….

Khev..

Khev…….

View attachment 615280
Isn’t this movie like mostly CGI? The total opposite of old school action set pieces? Unless you think Pandora is real, which based on your reading comprehension in the few interactions I’ve had with you would not surprise me.

I’m not sure why you are always claiming these things that aren’t spoken or can’t have a conversation. Nobody is saying this movie is a total failure. It failed for me, but did not fail in a general sense. The discussion was about the lasting pop culture impact, which I don’t think it has. And that is a fair critique of this franchise. It is going to make money because they are marketed as an ”event” and then the event ends. It is a well made film, very meh to me, and won’t stand the test of time. You are free to enjoy it but you don’t have to be a jerk or make fake arguments.

The fact that in 2022/2023 Cameron is still in this discussion tells you everything you need to know about the man and his pedigree.

His pedigree, or lunacy? First the testosterone comments, now this:

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/james-cameron-avatar-2-deleted-scenes-gun-violence-1235473069/
I don't know what's in the water in Hollywood, or who they're trying to appeal to with all of their regrets and apologies, but whatever is going on it's clearly messing with their heads. Spielberg is now wanking on about regretting he made Jaws - they've all lost the plot.

That was hilarious.

The bit with Cameron wanking on about how he cries every time he sees it? Okay? Having seen the film, Cameron must be a very sensitive soul as I have no idea what he would be crying about every time he sees it? The son, bit? So forced and unnatural it was on the nose. The beauty? Maybe for the first 5 minutes?

"I" was crying (with laughter) at his hubris.

Edit: I've got it! He was crying at how appalling the acting of the Australian boat guy was!!!!

This thing still has to make 2B to break even - it's a long way from a success (so far).
The production budget for AWOW was $350 million. No way did they spend 1.7 billion on advertising. The prevailing assumption with regard to Cameron's "2 billion to break even" comment was that it was in reference to all the sequels combined.

I keep hearing about this terrible "boat guy". For those who did like the movie, is he a terrible actor and/or character?

He's a **** actor - been around for years. Can't act his way out of a paper bag.

Any of the cliched big name Aussie actors would have crushed it compared to this clown; Jackman, Bana, Pierce, Edgerton, Ledger (RIP), Hemsworth, and they're just the ones I can think of off the top of my head. Cowell has never cracked it big because he doesn't have the chops/presence.

Back