Assassin's Creed IV

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man I almost passed on this game as I was disapointed with Revelations and Ac3. Edward Kenway has breathed life into what was becoming my favorite franchise with AC2 and Brotherhood.

I am almost wishing I was a pirate now... haha. They make it so glamorous.

I got this one, can't wait to play it but my PS4 had the BLOD so I'm waiting for a new one to arrive:(

I was hugely disappointed with AC3

Unlike others i really liked Revelations and it is by far my favourite version of Ezio. He's older, wiser, wears a sick suit and i think it was a very good way to end his story. Did i mention he has a beard?

I didn't like the side missions in revelations they really hurt it and AC3 was sooo boring. Conner was boring and un-relatable i didn't like playing as him at all, didn't get me to buy into the story or anything. I felt nothing for him

AC4 has been a great play so far Edward has some of the same charms that made me like Ezio so much, yet is the totally opposite in terms of morals etc (from what i've seen of the game yet anyways)

Ezio will never be beaten though. He's possibly the coolest assassin ever thought up

Ezio's look may have been cool in Revelations but the story and side missions all felt like an afterthought for a quick cash grab to me. It lacked the spit and polish that AC2 and Brotherhood had. Moving around an amazing reproduction of Venice & Rome along with a beautiful narrative tightly interwoven into actual history had so much appeal.

I am not familiar with Carribean history as much but AC4 is certainly a winner. Ezio had a form of code. Edward is a cutthroat. Both are charismatic.

I agree that Connor was unrelatable. He was an angry and arrogant brat. The narrative was convoluted and confusing as well and I never sensed any character growth in Connor. Furthermore the Desmond Miles stuff got on my nerves and it was so overdone by AC3 that I just wanted that crap over with.

I can understand why people would think that. They moved away from the overall story and focused solely on Ezio

It's the weakest sure but i actually like they way they took Ezio's character, i was heavily behind Ezio by this time so this i do think they did very well

The realisation of his travels, his dwelling and understanding of everything that's happened to get to where he is now. The narrative between him a Claudia and the wrap up in Masaf. It did very well at wrapping up the story if it wasn't the best in gameplay or storytelling.

Also i think Ezio's character arc from ACII to Revelations is one of the best in videogame

Ezio's look may have been cool in Revelations but the story and side missions all felt like an afterthought for a quick cash grab to me. It lacked the spit and polish that AC2 and Brotherhood had. Moving around an amazing reproduction of Venice & Rome along with a beautiful narrative tightly interwoven into actual history had so much appeal.

I am not familiar with Carribean history as much but AC4 is certainly a winner. Ezio had a form of code. Edward is a cutthroat. Both are charismatic.

I agree that Connor was unrelatable. He was an angry and arrogant brat. The narrative was convoluted and confusing as well and I never sensed any character growth in Connor. Furthermore the Desmond Miles stuff got on my nerves and it was so overdone by AC3 that I just wanted that crap over with.

Finished up the game and am going back to reach complete 100% sync. Spent so much time playing this game, few nights of no sleep as well. Fun just exploring the lands and such as well.

I still want to get Freedom Cry to clean that out, don't think I will bother really with the multiplayer achievements though, especially the 2 grind multiplayer ones.

Just finished the game on PS4.It was fun,but im not a big fan of the Naval parts.It wasn't bad or anything,it's just that it isn't my thing.

One other thing this game lacked was the suspense and moments the prequels had.This was a simple straight forward game without going too deep in the present time story either.

7/10

I'm really enjoying it. Can't make head nor tail of the storyline (I only played the first game) but who cares!

Do not worry, story is no longer the highlight if this franchise

I've been doing some if the side missions for that long I can't remember the story anymore :lol

It's probably Edward crying about how he feels likes he's doing errands tho

Do not worry, story is no longer the highlight if this franchise

Which i think is shame,for me at least.I agree that these games would do just fine without the present time story,but i think with it,it makes this franchise a whole lot better.
I hope AC4 is just a break from the present time story.I want more of it,depends how they handle it.It will be hard to top the Desmond story,it was close to perfect in my eyes.

As cool as this game was, I honestly feel that it should NOT have been an Assassin's Creed game. Honestly, it didn't even feel like one to me. For starters, they just completely half ***ed the modern day story and threw it in for kicks. The story wasn't tightly interwoven into actual history like AC1 AC2 and Brotherhood. And, my biggest problem with this game, is that Edward doesn't even become an Assassin till the 2nd to last DNA sequence. It was so anticlimactic to me, and I thought the events that drove Edward to change his mind should've taken place waaayyy earlier in the story. All around, I felt like I was playing a game with a greedy, self centered ****** with no pay off until the final mission. Been extremely disappointed with how this franchise turned out with the release of the past 3 games.

sailing is the highlight of this captain, and i feel like captain obvious saying this. The story missions in assasins creed 2 and brotherhood were much better.

It's a given they aren't really bothering with the story anymore

They did such ahold job with ezio, It must be hard to top. His abs Altair story interwove so well that it was just as integral part of the game and the gameplay was

It just seems like now they've took the engine and are just applying it to whatever they want and calling it AC

As cool as this game was, I honestly feel that it should NOT have been an Assassin's Creed game. Honestly, it didn't even feel like one to me. For starters, they just completely half ***ed the modern day story and threw it in for kicks. The story wasn't tightly interwoven into actual history like AC1 AC2 and Brotherhood. And, my biggest problem with this game, is that Edward doesn't even become an Assassin till the 2nd to last DNA sequence. It was so anticlimactic to me, and I thought the events that drove Edward to change his mind should've taken place waaayyy earlier in the story. All around, I felt like I was playing a game with a greedy, self centered ****** with no pay off until the final mission. Been extremely disappointed with how this franchise turned out with the release of the past 3 games.

This is true and it bothered me a bit too.He put the assassin gear on in the beginning of the game and all of a sudden he knows all the Assassin moves.Yeah i didn't like that either and would have loved to see him join the Assassin order earlier.

With that said,i think the character development was pretty good.He went from a greedy pirate to a wiser man that learned the concequences his greed had brought on him and the people he cared about.

Did you guys explore the Abstergo HQ?Obtaining sticky notes and hacking computers?
I did and it adds alot to the story too.Previous test subjects and tapes from Desmond recorded during the events of AC3.

With that said,i think the character development was pretty good.He went from a greedy pirate to a wiser man that learned the concequences his greed had brought on him and the people he cared about.

While he did change in the end and learn to care about others and how he affected their lives, Edward should have developed GRADUALLY throughout the story. As I mentioned before, it's not until what happens to Mary that finally makes him wise up and change his ways. And this all happens within the span of 3 sequences. It just really took me out of the feel of the story to the point where I felt absolutely nothing for her or believed in Edwards change.

I take back my earlier frustrations with the game. I went back to replay it last weekend to start off where I got stuck and have progressed nicely since then. It's actually quite fun and addictive. So many side quests to do. It's funny though because I don't care about all these database entries you get from the bottle messages, but it doesn't stop me from seeking them out and completing the area.

I just cant get into this installment, im one who actually enjoyed AC3. I absolutely hated the sailing though and its what is stopping me from carrying on with ac4. It just bores and frustrates me if im honest. So i doubt i will ever finish this.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Back