Assassin's Creed IV

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does this have a sort of "jump point" to get places? Running around for miles in AC3 is what lost me for this franchise and that's all I can think about when wanting to play AC4.

And I LOVED every AC before then.

You mean Fast Travel? Yes.

All the major cities and even mini-islands can be fast-traveled to once you discover them and "Synchronize".

Even in the cities (Kingston, Nassau and Havana), you can fast-trave; between Sync points once you discover them.

So yes, very easy to get around once you discover the various locales.

Well I have a full open world map finally after 5 days of solid play and having to put up with the absolutely trash real world stuff at the studio which is without a doubt the dumbest thing I've experianced in 27 years of playing video games.

It's much better now that I can just go where ever I want and just pirate people and build up all my attributes. I'm taking on some big fleets and I like the multifaction ship battles. Came upon several pirate ships taking on a Spanish fleet and fort and it was complete chaos in the best possible way.

The legendary ships are probably the most terrifying NPC i've come across in a game in a long time though. :lol I'm not strong enough to take them but I have all the dlc packs since I have PC gold so I have to go way down to the corner islands to get the content and thats always where they are. There was some kind of massive ghost ship that chased me through a hurricane.

Well I have a full open world map finally after 5 days of solid play and having to put up with the absolutely trash real world stuff at the studio which is without a doubt the dumbest thing I've experianced in 27 years of playing video games.

It's much better now that I can just go where ever I want and just pirate people and build up all my attributes. I'm taking on some big fleets and I like the multifaction ship battles. Came upon several pirate ships taking on a Spanish fleet and fort and it was complete chaos in the best possible way.

The legendary ships are probably the most terrifying NPC i've come across in a game in a long time though. :lol I'm not strong enough to take them but I have all the dlc packs since I have PC gold so I have to go way down to the corner islands to get the content and thats always where they are. There was some kind of massive ghost ship that chased me through a hurricane.

ohh man the first time I came close to a legendary ship and It came out of the fog I was like OMG !!

1 down 3 to go.

Wow the flying dutchman is in there? How does one find it? I've gotten the 4 legendary ships already, so I'm ready for it.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

I'm trying to do thing Kenway's fleet thing because apparently its the only way to upgrade the fire barrels and get that treasure map. But every time I enter it takes me to this "no more dock space" page. I admit the first time I clicked on Kenway's fleet it took me to a map looking page with lines on it. I didn't read this page because I had to run away from my xbox and in the process I may have more may have not clicked on something on that page. Anyhoo...I'm stuck on this "no more dock space" page and have hit every button to get back to the map page or to see something different, but nothing works. I can only hit B to exit the fleet or select from the three A choices.

In this video

[ame]https://youtu.be/iKVPYYdsAfY[/ame]

He appears to be able to switch, but I can't

Any help?

You need gems (the icon in the upper right corner) to buy more dock space. You get them by completing fleet missions and ship battles (the ones in the Fleet mini-game).

One thing to keep in mind and I think this is the problem you're running into...you CANNOT salvage a ship while it's on a mission. So if all your ships are on missions, you send a new ship to the fleet and have NO dock space, you will be forced to salvage that particular captured ship or I think you can come back to the Kenway fleet menu later to make a decision. You will not be allowed to review the mission status and all until you make a decision about a captured ship.

If you want to capture a certain type and don't have room in your docks, then leave one or two of your current ships "at home" and salvage them once you get the ship you want.

You need to either put a ship in your dock or salvage it you can't get past that screen until you deal with ships you sent to your fleet. If you have no ships you've sent to your fleet than that's why you can't do anything. You don't get any to start with for free, you have to pirate them.

Btw I've definately gotten the hang of this game, as of last night I was in the top 100 Assassins and top 300 Pirates! :lol But man those top pirates have a redunk amount of loot. I'm only 50% done the main story and I've got all the naval contracts, done all the dives, have every upgrade on my ship and island and do the fleet stuff daily but I can't catch up.

Ok, so since I can't get past this no dock space page should I just salvage all the ships I have for gems...cause I've bought all the dock space I have gems for and it still won't do anything?

If I salvage them for gems is that like starting over?

Oh well if the problem is that you don't have enough gems to buy more docks than of course your only option is to salvage the ships. Either from your fleet to replace a smaller ship with a larger one or just from what's waiting for a dock.

I have all the docks unlocked, and I keep my fleet to 3 brigs, 1 frigate (those 4 mainly for battles only) and the rest Man O Wars. You want to get the biggest Man O Wars you can ASAP to keep those larger trade routes flowing. It will take a good week to complete all the trade routes.

So what do you guys use on your ship, Sails, wheel, figurehead? I've got the Royal Fortune Figurehead, Gilded Wheel and Diamond Sails right now, I like all the gold accents with the upgraded gold cannons and hull.

Last edited:
So do I need to fill all the little locked icons with boats before I can do a mission?

If that's the case if I can't do the mini game with the boats like in the video how do I get gems?

No. You just need 1 ship though you'll want more. Once you deal with the ships you've sent to your fleet you don't have room for it will let you select trade routes. You clear them out with a naval battle and than assign ships to the routes, you have to make sure that ship is large enough to carry the required cargo. You get more of that cargo (rum etc) by doing the battles. Battles also yield gems. And salvaging large ships like Man o Wars is the best bet for gems.

And don't waste your fleet's fire barrels early on like I did, you don't get alot more and you'll want to save them for when you go against man of wars.

Finally was able to get it to go back to the map after I repeated just salvaged all the smaller ships and kept bigger ones.

Still none of this makes sense.

Probably because they don't explain anything in this game. You have an incredibly complex system in the Fleet and they literally don't take a single second to explain anything about it.

And yet here I am, top 300 pirates, 75 hours in, I still get the constant reminder box popup that I "need to incapitate a ship to board it" or "floating loot can be picked up". :lol Really no ****? Thanks game.

My friend and I constantly make fun of Abstergo as we play. "ARR matey, you completed an Abstergo challenge, remeber it's just a game and you aren't a pirate, you're in a simulation." :lol Dumbest angle in a game in history. They make Gearbox look like geniuses.

So, now that I've become addicted to KF do any of the trade routes ever stop giving missions, like is there a way to beat them or are they infinite?

I played upto brotherhood and skipped the next 2 games coming back to the series for this game.

Apart from the pirate setting it's assassins creed by numbers, they really need to go somewhere with this because it's become really stagnant imo.

Hard to believe this series was originally intended to be a self contained trilogy culminating with Desmond in a modern setting.

Anyone else having problems with Social Events on their Next-Gen ACIV?

They don't seem to show up on my version. They showed up all the time on my 360 copy.

Back