Asmus Toys: Nazgûl

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the Asmus stuff, already bought an Eowyn and planning on getting a Guritz & an Aragorn too (even though already have an ACI Aragorn). Will go at them like Tankgirl has to make them as perfect & realistic as possible. I'm not really a 1/6 fanatic, more into art but I've realised that's what some of these things can be, they carry their weight much more realistically than a bronze or whatever. And also like proper art I don't really see it as spending money (lol), as long as I buy the right stuff & keep it good, it will always be worth it's money so if I needed to I could re-sell it for at least what I paid. That's the great thing about LOTR, it's not purely or even mostly collectible because of Peter Jacksons films, it's cuz it's Tolkien and unlike popular culture stuff like Iron Man etc, it's timeless, not dependent on a film or a particular generation and will always be collectible. Wish it was same for the medieval historic figures but there's lots of accuracy faults with them which will stop them holding their own (or at least appreciating much), but reckon most of the LOTR stuff is as solid as anything could be.

Just read a review of the Asmus Ringwraith horse and it was unkind about it's anatomical width and one rear leg seeming short. Have you found yours to be ok, or does it really only look perfect in your photo's (and it does, your photo's look superb).

Thanks for the compliment. I have no problem regarding the length of the legs. The main concern here is the poor quality (material?) of the body used for the figure.

Looking at various photos it seems the only plastic armour on the Asmus horse is the plate on it's head? If so & it stands out from the ACI die cast armour on the wraith that would be easy to recast in white metal to make it match. Whatever, too cool to miss out on so just bought one (horse on it's own, the sets with rider aren't available here) off ebay from a shop in Belgium (in EU so won't pay customs), and from the looks of it last one in Europe, would cost nearly double to get one imported from USA or China so all good :) Thnx for your input and your photo's, you lot are an inspiration :)

Btw, do you know if the horse on it's own comes with the free sword or was that only in the pack with the rider?

I own both the ACI ringwraith and the Asmus ringwraith and stead. I prefer the ACI version by far. Superior in every way.

Yep, and the regular is discounted $50 at BBTS, too. (There's two versions, Witchking and regular -- only differences being armour on feet/forearms and sword.)

does anyone who where i could get a single nazgul steed to go with my ringwraith :D ? can only find them getting sold with the figures as well. but i already have an aci wraith :( aha

I have the ACI ringwraith as well and thought about getting it myself . Your definitely going to need the stand that comes with it .

Not sure how I'm going to do it yet but I'm going to make a base for it and permanently mount it to the base. The set looks great but the horse was poorly conceived. I wonder if they fixed it with The Mouth?

It's funny, I keep very good records but for the life of me I can't seem to find anything about the Nazgul body sent to me. I sent an email with picture of the Proof of Purchase card way back in July of 2015 and received an email from Asmus saying they received my request and that they would fulfill and there was no need to contact them. But I take photos of everything upon receipt -- in case of damage or such -- and I don't have any pictures or anything. Which is odd, because I actually thought I had received the body... until I only realized today that I may be thinking of the WitchKing body, NOT the Nazgul body.

That's why I asked about a picture -- to see which body is sent for the Nazgul replacement. I'm not certain now that I ever was sent one.

It's funny, I keep very good records but for the life of me I can't seem to find anything about the Nazgul body sent to me. I sent an email with picture of the Proof of Purchase card way back in July of 2015 and received an email from Asmus saying they received my request and that they would fulfill and there was no need to contact them. But I take photos of everything upon receipt -- in case of damage or such -- and I don't have any pictures or anything. Which is odd, because I actually thought I had received the body... until I only realized today that I may be thinking of the WitchKing body, NOT the Nazgul body.

That's why I asked about a picture -- to see which body is sent for the Nazgul replacement. I'm not certain now that I ever was sent one.

Yes, Wor-Gar,

the Morgul Lord Body and Nazgul body are different,
ML is taller, and not made by us.

Free Nazgul is our own Asmus KP01A+ body,
it is the same one you have on Saruman.

We are getting them back right now, once they are in our hands, we will begin to ship them.

Yes, Wor-Gar,

the Morgul Lord Body and Nazgul body are different,
ML is taller, and not made by us.

Free Nazgul is our own Asmus KP01A+ body,
it is the same one you have on Saruman.

We are getting them back right now, once they are in our hands, we will begin to ship them.

I just purchased the Nazgul & Steed set from BigBadToystore , how do I go about requesting a replacement body (it's extremely loose/floppy) and the extra sword?

I still don't have my replacement Witchking body...I sent an email to Asmus yesterday hoping they can ship it with my replacement Nazgul body but haven't heard back yet. Hopefully I hear something soon as I'm leaving in 2 weeks for a month holiday with limited internet.

Back