Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Overall looks great, but I think the hair isn’t dark enough. Could be lighting but doesn’t appear to have enough gray in it. Looks to be barely darker than the white hair used on GTW, just styled to be more in the look of GTG

EDIT: still, I do commend Asmus on following through with this one :clap I just think they need to take it a little bit further.

Last edited:
Overall looks great, but I think the hair isn’t dark enough. Could be lighting but doesn’t appear to have enough gray in it. Looks to be barely darker than the white hair used on GTW, just styled to be more in the look of GTG
My thoughts also when I saw the pic. Also is there a difference in flesh tones between the hands and the face? I think there is. But having said that, I appreciate the efforts of Asmus to do this.

Last edited:
I'd definitely pick one of those up if I get the chance
I'm getting 2. ASMUS is much appreciated for doing this. Never ordered the InART anyway with all the details ASMUS does - for me, and I like the sculpt - it just would have been burning cash, because....
On Fire GIF

Keeping an eye out at Asmus‘ website for when the modified GtG heads go up for preorder. It’s a great idea to pair the GtW sculpt with GtG lamb’s wool hair, looks like. Just have to remember to check in regularly here and there.

GtW does look comparatively quite a bit more tanned than GtG. I’m not expecting a repaint of GtW, right? So making GtW hands available with the new modified GtG sculpt would add a nice touch.

Keeping an eye out at Asmus‘ website for when the modified GtG heads go up for preorder. It’s a great idea to pair the GtW sculpt with GtG lamb’s wool hair, looks like. Just have to remember to check in regularly here and there.

GtW does look comparatively quite a bit more tanned than GtG. I’m not expecting a repaint of GtW, right? So making GtW hands available with the new modified GtG sculpt would add a nice touch.
Asmus mentioned they’re lightening the skin tone for GTG.

I don't know what it is, but the GTW sculpt just doesn't look much like McKellen when repurposed as GTG.

Much the same, I don't think that InArt's is going to work for GTW, should they ever do that.
Luckily, InArt are much less likely pull a Hot Toys and just reuse an old sculpt for a new iteration of a character.

For me it's an insta-order. I need heads. 2 heads.😁

Back