Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking at all of these photos, I can see that this is a nice sculpt, and with some tweaks, it can be very nice-looking. I just don't like mustaches cut so straight (more realistic cut on GtW), and the eyes (they just take away quite some impression).

I do really like this figure. His eyes don't bother me that much. I will admit that although I appreciate the gesture by Asmus, I don't really love the plastic hat, and I wonder if there is something that could be painted or applied to the plastic hat to make it look more like fabric... maybe some kind of fabric textured film? Flocking?

I do really like this figure. His eyes don't bother me that much. I will admit that although I appreciate the gesture by Asmus, I don't really love the plastic hat, and I wonder if there is something that could be painted or applied to the plastic hat to make it look more like fabric... maybe some kind of fabric textured film? Flocking?

I agree with you. The plastic just stands out and not for the better.

Paint it, then continuously dab (with sharp frequency) matte varnish on so it dries with a texture. Add a couple layers of that and it should produce the desired effect. At the very least it won’t look as plasticky.

Still one of my favorites in the collection.
Gandalf.jpg

The hair still looks a little too grey there, and not white enough, which I think is hurting the overall look. But, everything looks much better overall with that head...particularly the eyes and the mustache.

We have tried putting on grey hair on GtW head,
the skin tone was also alterned accordingly.
Does this work?

Well, it fixes the problem with the deep-set eyes that GtG has. So a major improvement in that regard.

Add some watered down modelling clay to the appropriate paint colour and then dab it on the hat using a sponge.
We have tried putting on grey hair on GtW head,
the skin tone was also alterned accordingly.
Does this work?

Yes it's beautiful...And i want one :love::pray:

Add some watered down modelling clay to the appropriate paint colour and then dab it on the hat using a sponge.

Yes it's beautiful...And i want one :love::pray:
I need heads. Two heads for G1 v1 and v2.

Also ASMUS thank you for being customer responsive and of course making another Thranduil:monkey3

100% better (stach no longer looks like a broom)- take my money...
won't feel bad about not ordering from inart if we can get this!

Nice. I really want to grease that hair, dirt him up and dab on some sweat for the full blown Balrog showdown look.

This is giving me a strong incentive to keep my Crown Gandalf.

Back