Asmus Toys : Legolas (wip thread)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really appreciate you taking the time to update us :)
Just pre-ordered the Luxury Edition :yess:

I preordered the luxury edition direct from Asmus. Can't beat free shipping that's truly free and not built into the price. At $250 the overall set is pretty good. I just hope the production process doesn't change the headsculpt!

Very tempted by this, the deluxe version looks pretty sweet! Would love to see some more orcs too, but lets get the fellowship sorted first

Pre-ordered! The funny thing is that I have just finished my own custom

??????????.jpg

Do elves eye color change? I was comparing pictures from the movies and in some pics his eyes are brown and in other they are blue.

Probably just a filming mistake. Bloom's eyes are actually brown, but Legolas is supposed to have blue eyes. I think I read somewhere that the contacts were super uncomfortable, too.

By the way. Did anyone notice the difference between Legolas in Hobbit and in LOTR?
Orlando's brows have much movement in LOTR and almost do not move in Hobbit. Maybe, botox or something like that. He has terrible still forehead. Even when he is targeting enemies!

It's pretty clear that sculpted hair makes a figure looks much more beautiful.

It's pretty clear that sculpted hair makes a figure looks much more beautiful.

Someone posted 2 pictures on FB of some really stellar rooted hair on Thor and William Wallace. I thought it looked great, but I'm sure that cost many hundreds of dollars by a customizer and wouldn't be at all feasible in a mass produced figure.

Do elves eye color change? I was comparing pictures from the movies and in some pics his eyes are brown and in other they are blue.

Probably just a filming mistake. Bloom's eyes are actually brown, but Legolas is supposed to have blue eyes. I think I read somewhere that the contacts were super uncomfortable, too.

Yep...blue eyes was the actual intended color. When they're brown it's just a movie mistake.

I would order from AE or BBTS, AE will box it better than Asmus direct.

I won't buy directly from Asmus after my last customer service issue with them, I received damaged boxes when I ordered Frodo and Sam, and the only thing they offered to do was for me to return the figures! being sold out that would mean I would have no way to replace them at the price I originally pre-ordered them at. I was hoping either for a few bucks to compensate for the damaged art boxes (which is part of the cost after all) or a replacement box (which they have done in the past). They offered a replacement box, BUT I would have to PAY THEM $20 shipping to get it, what??? just a heads up if you are ordering from Asmus (I have ordered 4 figures directly from them in the last 12-18 months and 2 were damaged boxes).

Back