Asmus Toys : Legolas (wip thread)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've ordered direct from them several times (Aragon, Merry & Pippin, Gandalf the Grey, Frodo & Sam, Grishnakh), and while there has been some minor creasing/wear to the art boxes, it's nothing that bothered me, and I'm pretty fussy. The shipper boxes don't offer much in the way of protection, though, that's for sure.

How much is shipping though?

The bigger advantage to ordering thru Asmus direct is that they deliver many months before it hits retail.

I ordered the regular version at Timewalker. Shipping quote for me was about $13, so $203 total. Not as good as Asmus direct, but it beats BBTS's selling price and cheaper than Alter Ego's shipped price (although, you get reward points at AE). I don't mind waiting longer to get Legolas; it's not a perishable good.

Legolas' hair will be made in super soft plastic, to ensure extra movement on the neck.

Other than that, we did study on figures with similar hair style, and we took Thor of Hot Toys as a good reference,
with almost the same hair length, Thor did a good job on avoiding stiff necks, and we believe our Legolas can achieve the same or better.

View attachment 334179

Looks fantastic! Legolas was my favorite character growing up and I'm super happy to see his film adaption getting made so accurately!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've ordered direct from them several times (Aragon, Merry & Pippin, Gandalf the Grey, Frodo & Sam, Grishnakh), and while there has been some minor creasing/wear to the art boxes, it's nothing that bothered me, and I'm pretty fussy. The shipper boxes don't offer much in the way of protection, though, that's for sure.

About that,
all our goods now has another shipping box, so now it is the print box + a printed shipping box + a no printing brown shipping box.
Hopefully this will sort the problem once and for all.

About that,
all our goods now has another shipping box, so now it is the print box + a printed shipping box + a no printing brown shipping box.
Wow, that's great to hear.

Legolas looks terrific, pre-ordered the regular with Timewalker.:clap Looking forward to the rest of the Fellowship especially Gimli (add another vote for Balin's Tomb dio).

My only problem now is tracking down Frodo and Sam. I thought I could make due with SSC offerings, but gotta go with Asmus Toys for the win.

I ordered the regular version at Timewalker. Shipping quote for me was about $13, so $203 total.

For only three bucks difference I'd say that makes sense.

About that,

That's great news.

My Grishnahk box got pretty squashed last time... but since I moved and had to disassemble all my boxes its of little consequence to me anymore. Pristine boxes only make sense for resellers.

A Balin's Tomb base with Gimli would be awesome, and maybe the pedestal at the Council of Elrond with Boramir or Elrond if he's made.
943d19f538e36f63621e87fa2bb8a293.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about a tree for Boromir to lean upon?....but it needs to come with a few arrows(like grishnak's spear). :just kidding: the pedestal is a great idea.

How about a tree for Boromir to lean upon?....but it needs to come with a few arrows(like grishnak's spear). :just kidding: the pedestal is a great idea.

For only three bucks difference I'd say that makes sense.

That's great news.

My Grishnahk box got pretty squashed last time... but since I moved and had to disassemble all my boxes its of little consequence to me anymore. Pristine boxes only make sense for resellers.

Or people who like pristine boxes.

Yeah I'd be shocked if Asmus doesn't include Balins Tomb with Gimli, it's seems to have received an overwhelmingly positive reaction here, and they do read this. Let them take our comments as a sample of the market. Balin's Tomb for Gimli!!!!

Balin's Tomb for Gimli! That would be a lovely gift from Asmus!

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

I ordered the regular version at Timewalker. Shipping quote for me was about $13, so $203 total. Not as good as Asmus direct, but it beats BBTS's selling price and cheaper than Alter Ego's shipped price (although, you get reward points at AE). I don't mind waiting longer to get Legolas; it's not a perishable good.

Would love to buy from AE but unfortunately living in Ohio, I get hit with sales tax. :(

Back