Asmus Toys : Legolas (wip thread)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, we have tested root hair on the prototypes as well.

May be it was out lack of skill, but root hair really does not work on Leggy.

The biggest challenge is actually top of the head, It is needed to be combed to perfection, any loose string during production and transportation will ruin it all. That is almost impossible to do. Also, the top of the head(hair) needs to be flat and as thin as possible so it is not "bulky", because too much hair it will be bulky, too less hair, it won't cover the head.

I don't know if you would agree, but if the hair has anything wrong, we will loose all of the realism, regardless the face nor the clothing.

The biggest challenge is actually top of the head, It is needed to be combed to perfection, any loose string during production and transportation will ruin it all. That is almost impossible to do. Also, the top of the head(hair) needs to be flat and as thin as possible so it is not "bulky", because too much hair it will be bulky, too less hair, it won't cover the head.

I don't know if you would agree, but if the hair has anything wrong, we will loose all of the realism, regardless the face nor the clothing.
i have bought some of your product, and i think that in hand they look superb... both gandalf the grey and frodo were great figure and way better then your promoctional picture... i'm absolutely sure than even legolas will be great. there's a only a thing that i have not appreciated from.Asmus, and that is the lack of communication about the 'gandalf the white" replacement head and the rest of 'build an orc series'. i think that it's not fair from asmus to not give any updates about these. Can you please tell us if we will have the rest of the build an orc parts and the replacement gandalf the white head that asmus promise in the near future? at least sone uodates will be appreciate. thanks

Inviato dal mio SM-A500FU utilizzando Tapatalk

Wouldn't have a combination of sculpted (at the top) and rooted have worked like you did with Tauriel? Isn't the long sculpted hair going to limit posing? It's not a deal breaker for me since I'm planning on adding real hair the same way I did with the Aragorn.
IMG_975102.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I really don't mind the sculpted hair. Only the back of the hairsculpt looks weird + there are colour differences:

legolas.JPG

Other than that, I really don't have any remarks.

Yeah Cammo, that's the only thing I hope gets changed in production...either way I've got the figure ordered but it'd be a nice surprise

Wouldn't have a combination of sculpted (at the top) and rooted have worked like you did with Tauriel? Isn't the long sculpted hair going to limit posing? It's not a deal breaker for me since I'm planning on adding real hair the same way I did with the Aragorn.
View attachment 334143

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

IMO the mixed media hair on Tauriel looks horrible. Rooted hair and sculpted beard on Saruman and Gandalf looks good because they are 2 separate entities. Rooted hair coming out of molded hair looks like dookie.

While I personally like the look of Tauriel's hair (I thought it was a reasonable compromise between look and articulation), I get the impression I'm in the minority on that one. I think there were a fair number of complaints. Maybe that feedback has pushed Asmus away from doing combo hair and into only sculpted or only rooted.

IMO the mixed media hair on Tauriel looks horrible. Rooted hair and sculpted beard on Saruman and Gandalf looks good because they are 2 separate entities. Rooted hair coming out of molded hair looks like dookie.
Looks OK to me. Imo better than the full sculpted look on Legolas. I'm thinking the top of the hair and the braids being sculpted then the rooted coming out from under that.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

There is no sugarcoating it, the back of his head looks really bad and should be reworked. I dig the troll base though.

Yes,
We are closing the build an Orc series this year, we are thinking of releasing a set to complete the rest of the parts.

As for GtW, we are stilling working on the new head, it is a completely new HS, so it will take sometime.

Yes,
We are closing the build an Orc series this year, we are thinking of releasing a set to complete the rest of the parts.

As for GtW, we are stilling working on the new head, it is a completely new HS, so it will take sometime.

Excellent news! Thank you for the update!

Legolas' hair will be made in super soft plastic, to ensure extra movement on the neck.

Other than that, we did study on figures with similar hair style, and we took Thor of Hot Toys as a good reference,
with almost the same hair length, Thor did a good job on avoiding stiff necks, and we believe our Legolas can achieve the same or better.

QQ??20170405124734.jpg

Legolas' hair will be made in super soft plastic, to ensure extra movement on the neck.

Other than that, we did study on figures with similar hair style, and we took Thor of Hot Toys as a good reference,
with almost the same hair length, Thor did a good job on avoiding stiff necks, and we believe our Legolas can achieve the same or better.

View attachment 334179
That's good to hear.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

So ready for this, plus build-an-orc and gtw head sculpt. Bring it on [emoji3]

Agreed. He looks great in that photo. Also, as mentioned a few pages back, Balin's Tomb for Gimli would make for an unbelievable base. Finally, it's great to see Asmus posting again!

One more vote for Balin's Tomb as a diorama base for Gimli!!

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Another vote here for Balins tomb! If they do it would be a great storage box too.

View attachment 334179

Man i can't wait to get my hands on this figure. I received Merry and Pippin this week (also have Thranduil) and i'm totally sold on this line.

Back