Asmus Toys : Gandalf the Grey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome pics...that one on the rocks would be fantastic with the rest of the Fellowship...and some SNOW:)

Took me ages to futz that damn outer cloak and try to get it to drape nicely over the arms etc. I just dont have the skill of futzers like SithThundercracker above! Overall, it looks decent enough, but I'll try again with more water spray on the cloak to soften it up.

Took me ages to futz that damn outer cloak and try to get it to drape nicely over the arms etc. I just dont have the skill of futzers like SithThundercracker above! Overall, it looks decent enough, but I'll try again with more water spray on the cloak to soften it up.

This is my biggest fear about ordering...I keep seeing people need to futz with these figures and I am not someone who knows how to futz. I enjoy collecting...not working on collectables, I'd be afraid of screwing up a $200 figure.

^Great pictures! October can't be here soon enough. :clap

Outstanding pics SithThundercracker!!

Those pictures are amazing. Nice work!

:clap great pics sith!!

Thanks guys!

Awesome pics...that one on the rocks would be fantastic with the rest of the Fellowship...and some SNOW:)

I thought the same. Unfortunately snow is not super common down here (at least recently) and moreover I highly doubt I will be able to display a full fellowship in the next 6 months. :lol

Wow amazing pics Sith, best I have seen him look:clap Your photos are top of the line, I still remember the one of the aci ringwraith riding the asmus horse!

Nice pics !! Thank you

Really wonderful pics, everyone! :clap

Love this one! :clap

Thank you too,guys.

This is my biggest fear about ordering...I keep seeing people need to futz with these figures and I am not someone who knows how to futz. I enjoy collecting...not working on collectables, I'd be afraid of screwing up a $200 figure.

Except for the hat (and that was just a single stitching) this figure needs no mod to look neat. You don't need extreme efforts to obtain some decent folds on the cape (I did with no water treatment): just extend the arms outwards fully deploing the cape over them, fold the cape over itself 2-3 times until you have the hands fully exposed, bend the arms to your favourite pose, pull the sides of the cape down as much as you can to slender the figure. :wink1:

I'm not even gonna pose him with the hat or the outer garment , or his pipe . He's getting his sword and magic staff in hand ready for battle against the Balrog.

Got my Asmus Gandalf on Friday. Overall I'm really happy with him but I do have a few issues that disappointed me a bit. After getting their Aragorn with the solid weighty base, this plastic base was a bit of a let down. The sheath straps I had to pull apart and reglue tighter to hold the sheath. I would also love a more angry/gritting teeth sculpt. I know that may be a bit scene specific, but I feel it would be great for battle poses and of course the iconic scene where he battles the Balrog!

3f10f5df87e8e2069d91c3873efbb70b.jpg

daee59253bd910f68229928b24057a80.jpg

eec59eef55f9ff1389f23558c9130910.jpg

75e5da5c468a1ae0d39913c4ab8297d3.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Back