Asmus Toys : Gandalf the Grey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was waiting to see if there was enough with it to justify a full figure over just the upgrade. But I just PO’d the whole thing anyway, I don’t want to miss out!
I still might get the upgrade anyway then I either have options or can sell the upgraded original. Who knows!

I POed him once I saw it was up for order. If the head goes up separately I will upgrade my first Gandalf as well.

:lecture

I did the same and am waiting for the head to preorder for my previous GTG as well. Then I can have one for the LOTR fellowship display and one for The Hobbit display.

Pers system
26659714191461f95ee4504b9f02e565.jpg
84f229fb07787d064b345e4bd1507286.jpg

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Presumably independently rotatable. PERS was cool, but prone to breakage and therefore not good.

Could the diorama be a door to Bag End????
I’d imagine that’s what it would be.
I won't get excited until I see official pics. Until then I expect it to be cardboard haha.
That's what I'm hoping for as well. They did something similar for Hateful 8 diorama (the door) but that was its own separate release.

BUT this is a new high end line so maybe they will go that extreme diorama for the figure? Dunno. Doubtful. But really hoping for the Bag End door.

I'd use it for my Bilbo.

Something like this would be amazing.
Screenshot_20190625-010727_Chrome.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

That's what I'm hoping for as well. They did something similar for Hateful 8 diorama (the door) but that was its own separate release.

BUT this is a new high end line so maybe they will go that extreme diorama for the figure? Dunno. Doubtful. But really hoping for the Bag End door.

I'd use it for my Bilbo.

Something like this would be amazing.
View attachment 458749

Really hoping for the Bag End door as well...for myself don't have any interest in displaying a "tomb" scene - and I am more of a Hobbit collector. Hope to PO this Gandalf soon, as soon as the budget settles.

I'd like to order via SSC (even tho I've ordered directly from ASMUS before) - but not reading SSC or other will offer him?

Really hoping for the Bag End door as well...for myself don't have any interest in displaying a "tomb" scene - and I am more of a Hobbit collector. Hope to PO this Gandalf soon, as soon as the budget settles.

I'd like to order via SSC (even tho I've ordered directly from ASMUS before) - but not reading SSC or other will offer him?
I'd love the Tomb diorama as well. For Gimli of course.

Just seen a 2.0 white version at a toy fair in china on youtube,looks very nice......did not see anything on asmos ws,anyone know if next in series?

I made the mistake of playing The Fellowship Of The Ring soundtrack while looking at this.
I caved and preordered. Howard Shore compelled me to do it.

This will be my first and only LOTR figure.

I really want a light-up staff...

But I know that will come with the eventual... Tiara Series.
Meh. Just a feature that can break down the road. My PF Gandalf staff stopped working. Have no idea why. And that's 1:4. Cant imagine the finicky-ness of 1:6.

Better just to skip that.

I simple LED inserted in the staff shouldn't be too finicky, though.

You have to admit that it would make for an impressive display. I definitely hoped it would have been included but it doesn't appear that it is.

Back