Asmus Toys : Gandalf the Grey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm IN.

Curious to know whether other retailers will be selling this line, or if it will be exclusive to the Asmus site. If there's a significant uptick in prices, the Sideshow FlexPay system would come in handy.

Looks awesome. I have to wonder how many other characters that have already been released will see Crown treatment now? Viper is going to put their GTW up for pre-order soon. Might be worth it to wait to see if Asmus does GTW as a crown.

I’m interested in what else is different besides the sculpt? As much as I’d love to just buy the head, if it’s a vast improvement, I’ll rebuy as long as it’s not every character we already have.

Looks like they used Tibetan lamb for the hair. If they’re able to mass produce Tibetan lamb on their figures Asmus has truly taken sixth scale to another level of quality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cc2dbc4581dc621ec59287299738b962.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am know I am in the minority here but I am extremely pleased when figures do not have real leather or animal hair. Morally I would have a really hard time justifying buying a figure that uses animal products.

Do you know if they are sourcing it without cruelty, I wont buy if some poor animal is suffering just I can have rooted hair.

That is what I'd be afraid of in this situation. This Gandalf figures looks awesome and I'd love to have rooted hair, but I'm pretty particular about not using products that support animal testing/cruelty/etc. I get that it doesn't matter to some people, and that is fine, I'm not here to try and change anyone's minds, but it does matter to me.

But going on the assumption that I'd be able to purchase their Crown line - I was actually about to buy an Aragorn figure this morning because I'm selling my HUGE Toy Biz LOTR collection on ebay right now and moving over to the 1/6th line, but when I saw this post I decided to wait in case they do an advanced Aragorn version.

I don't have any LotR figures, I'd probably have a small collection but this would be a centerpiece, looks amazing!

Do you know if they are sourcing it without cruelty, I wont buy if some poor animal is suffering just I can have rooted hair.
Oh, a haircut! The agony! No living creature should be forced to suffer the undignified torment of a haircut...!

[emoji38]

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Oh, amazing !! Don't care about the price if the quality is at the very best.
:)

Back