Asmus Toys: Galadriel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice pose and pics...did you give her gown the water treatment- best i've seen it look online?!

Cheers, yes just a bit of water from a spray bottle and some rubber bands to hold while the material dries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you do anything to hair? She seems to be lacking the frizz others have?

No mate nothing was done to hair except I twisted the two front long strands so they were tighter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well after an eternity I finally got my Galadriel in today... and yeah she's unfortunately pretty darn small and doesn't scale all that well with Gandalf (whose head looks gigantic in comparison), and the difference in skin tone between the head and body is more distracting in hand than I expected. And of course it's not the most exciting figure to pose since she can't really do much except stand around and look ethereal. Lol

That being said though, it does have a really lovely sculpt that captures the character perfectly. Which is probably just enough to make me want to hold onto the figure despite the issues. And then at some point do some paint tweaks and maybe even replace the plastic yellow barbie hair with proper blonde hair.

Anyway, here's some more out of the box pics:

20210506_200820 (2).jpg

20210506_201400 (2).jpg

20210506_201148 (2).jpg

20210506_201630 (2).jpg

20210506_203922 (2).jpg

Well after an eternity I finally got my Galadriel in today... and yeah she's unfortunately pretty darn small and doesn't scale all that well with Gandalf (whose head looks gigantic in comparison), and the difference in skin tone between the head and body is more distracting in hand than I expected. And of course it's not the most exciting figure to pose since she can't really do much except stand around and look ethereal. Lol

That being said though, it does have a really lovely sculpt that captures the character perfectly. Which is probably just enough to make me want to hold onto the figure despite the issues. And then at some point do some paint tweaks and maybe even replace the plastic yellow barbie hair with proper blonde hair.

View attachment 512704

View attachment 512705

View attachment 512706

View attachment 512707

View attachment 512708

That Gandalf, tho! Looks amazing. And Hela with Galadriel makes a great Cate Blanchett display too!

View attachment 512704

View attachment 512705

View attachment 512706

View attachment 512707

View attachment 512708
Your Gandalf is beautiful. It's by far the best Gandalf I've seen among the Crown ones.
Even better than the prototype.

Inviato dal mio Pixel 2 XL utilizzando Tapatalk

Those points are valid but overall, I'm still really liking this figure. Straight out of the box, I had no issues and currently have her on display rather separated from the other figures.

I really look forward to seeing what davejames and RaymondF do to upgrade her.

Hey @davejames did your Galadriel happen to go through the Chicago processing center for customs? I saw you were waiting a hot minute; I've got a figure that's been stuck there for a bit and I'm trying to decide if I need to find an alternative venue.

Yup mine got stuck in ISC Chicago for about a week. And my Deluxe Mando was stuck in ISC LA for a week, so I think customs is just running really behind in general right now.

View attachment 512704

View attachment 512705

View attachment 512706

View attachment 512707

View attachment 512708

She looks fantastic to me!

Looks fairly in scale with Hela

You?re also good at how you pose your figures, nice job.

Yup mine got stuck in ISC Chicago for about a week. And my Deluxe Mando was stuck in ISC LA for a week, so I think customs is just running really behind in general right now.
Thanks for that heads up. It's a little peace of mind, I hear Chigaco is a black hole for packages so I'm on edge haha.

My Galadriel arrived while out of town and finally got to open and pose her. I noticed her hair wasn’t that bad compared to some I’ve seen, there’s minimal frizz. I also was very gentle is separately the curls so I can have some hang naturally in front like in the film. Her neck skin tone does not match the skin tone on the headsculpt and there is minor stress lines on the neck as we have seen. Overall I am impressed by the size and weight of the mirror base (pedestal?). The eyes seem not as well painted as Arwen to me which is concerning if Asmus is regressing on eye painting. Elrond, Arwen and Aragorn have nicely painted eyes but Galadriel and Gandalf seem to lack the realistic details they had resulting in a more simplistic and doll like gaze.C951F805-C1CE-4636-A27C-329A8B254548.jpeg37F06B12-43C6-4074-85E7-F420A2E35BEB.jpeg

Back