Asmus Toys : Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Screenshot_2016-10-06-22-02-51-1.jpg

Alright! Can't tell on my phone how good they look but I am super excited to see two more of the fellowship. I guess I will be hunkered down searching the internet for more pictures until the hurricane takes our power.

Is the background a hint for a 4-pack?
I would get consider getting this for a reasonable price though. Let's say € 400-420.

Asmus likely has some Merry/Pippins left over so it would make sense to repackage as a set of 4 Hobbits.

If the price is right, even I may reconsider my embargo on Hobbits other than Frodo.

Man...I really, really, REALLY want to support this company and buy figures from this line....but they just can't get human face sculpts down. Bummer.

Well, they're definitely Asmus "style". Reminds me a little of the scale double (Kiran?) from the extended appendices.

The real question: where is the ring? :gollum:

Last edited:
Hmmm...

Overall, I'm liking what I'm seeing.

But if these are still at the proto stage, I hope there might be a time to make a few tweaks. Frodo's nose seems a little too big and sharp. Or maybe his head generally is a little oversized. But that could totally be lens distortion. (The Phial of Galadriel also looks a little big, too.)

Sam looks pretty good to my eye, though.

Like I said, overall, I'm liking this ...

Hmmm, head sculpts definitely need some work. Merry and Pippin werent that great either, but they definitely need to put more effort into Frodo and Sam!! The likeness on Sam is better, albeit maybe a little too fat? But Frodo seems more off. Almost oversized?

I think they look great. Hopefully they will go up for pre-order soon and the rest of the Fellowship isn't too far behind.

I would assume these are the typical 4% larger prototype heads, which would explain why they might look oversized on the bodies.

Back home and able to retouch these a bit. On closer examination, the paint looks rushed, maybe to make the show. Hopefully they'll be refined. I think Sam looks pretty good.

sam-frodo1.jpg
sam-frodo-2.jpg

Last edited:
Back