Asmus Toys : Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I already have a custom Bilbo from LotR, so I wouldn't mind one from "The Hobbit".

bilbo 1.jpg

bilbo 2.jpg

bilbo 3.jpg

guys,
feedback time.
Taken in the living room, so not good lighting, not good camera,
but I think ti is good enough for feedback.
what do you all think??

20160815_234359.jpg
20160815_234402.jpg
20160815_234405.jpg

That sculpt seems good to me. It'll all come down to the paint job. (especially the eyes)

He's looking good!

But something about his mouth seems juuuust a bit off. Particularly the corners of the mouth.

We need our experts with the Photoshop comparisons!

His nose should be more snub (now it is more hooked), and his ear is to far back.
His chin should be a litter bigger, mouth a little more narrow and lips are slightly fuller.
original.jpg

Samwise-Gamgee-samwise-gamgee-12089038-960-404.jpg

Overall good.

Looking at the post above, if you really want to be critical, the nose could be a little bit better, but otherwise, once the head is painted, I would be fairly confident it would look just like Sean Astin as Samwise.

Yeah, the sculpt seems a little soft, almost feminine, particularly in the mouth, chin and jawline. I know Sam is a bit chubby, but I think a squarer jaw would help a lot with the likeness. Also, getting rid of the lines at the corners of his mouth would help, too.

Yeah, the sculpt seems a little soft, almost feminine, particularly in the mouth, chin and jawline. I know Sam is a bit chubby, but I think a squarer jaw would help a lot with the likeness. Also, getting rid of the lines at the corners of his mouth would help, too.

:goodpost: + it wouldn't hurt to show some forehead so it doesn't look too much like a wig.

I like it, depending on paints. Hopefully the factory dont go crazy with the tan, still hoping for pale merry and pippin

I like it, depending on paints. Hopefully the factory dont go crazy with the tan, still hoping for pale merry and pippin

^^ This. Honestly, I truly wish Asmus would include better-painted Merry & Pippin heads with Sam and Frodo so that Merry and Pippin wouldn't look so silly, even if we can't get newly-sculpted heads for the two of them.

Back