Asmus Toys : Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are a couple quick shots:

lotr01.jpg

lotr02.JPG

The wife and I just did a LOTR marathon yesterday.
The problem with Sam is his weight changes throughout the films. First shot of him he is skinny and he hasn't put on any weight yet. Next time you see him he is as fat in the face as you see him here. In fact he looks unwell.
Then the rest/majority of the films he is what most people remember. Slightly chubby, but not fat.

I think I might try and pick these up off eBay just because I want to own the full fellowship, but sadly they just don't look as good as I'd like considering they are the main characters.

They look 'okay' in that last picture. If these were 30-50 euro cheaper I would have bought them in a heartbeat.

Here is a pic of the Fellowship so far:

lotr3.jpg

While there may be some issues with the figures, I think they look great together and can't wait to add the rest of the Fellowship. Legolas looks awesome so far and hopefully Gimli and Boromir aren't far behind.

Here is a pic of the Fellowship so far:

View attachment 313276

While there may be some issues with the figures, I think they look great together and can't wait to add the rest of the Fellowship. Legolas looks awesome so far and hopefully Gimli and Boromir aren't far behind.

Hey I think the sculpts look good (average good), clothes and accessories are great too. I have them PO on Time Walker, I still dont know if I will be picking up Pippin and Merry. I want the fellowship, but sometimes I dont, lol.

They look great!!! Customs finally got done playing with my Sam and frodo so hopefully they'll be here soon

mine come today too... i can't wait to open them...

Inviato dal mio SM-A500FU utilizzando Tapatalk

Nice pic and caption!

So I picked mine up from the post office. First impressions are that they are very fun figures. Overall the outfits seem great maybe a little on the delicate side but that makes sense with the size. I cannot get the rings off of the hands but I was being very cautious. Paint seems great to me and the hairy feet matches what they did for Merry and Pippin so if you liked it you are in luck and if you didn't oh well. As for the overall look in my opinion Frodo looks great, not perfect but great. Probably the best of the Asmus hobbits. Sam . . . still a fun figure and I think the outfit, accessories and paint are great but the likeness is the weakest of Asmus' Lord of the Rings figures in my opinion. He fits in with the books perfectly but there likeness to the film is off which is strange because Sideshow's Sam might have been their best likeness.

Overall I am super happy with them but I wouldn't hesitate to sign up for a better Sam sculpt.

Back