Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's disappointing. I only own The H8ful Eight from them. Nice group of figures, Wish they made more. Those figures had their issues, but they were pretty much what was advertised. Wasn't really expecting much, if any, improvements with Ash. That body was shown so I am expecting it. It doesn't feel like it though.
I mean, if they have assembled the luxury bodies separately from the standard releases then that's great. But at this point I'm assuming they cut corners. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I mean, if they have assembled the luxury bodies separately from the standard releases then that's great. But at this point I'm assuming they cut corners. 🤷🏼‍♂️
:ROFLMAO:Yeah, that doesn't sound like something they would do based on what was improved.

So should UK and US residents not expect to get their invoices until nearer the 20th due to the shipping delay? The fact the luxury is in stock at KG, my usual store, is a real pain in the arse.

I’m a day one pre-orderer from Asmus (as always) but waited months extra for my deluxe Legolas invoice so would just like to catch the problem a little earlier this time so I can start prodding them into action.

Typos are becoming far too common with Asmus. The text in the Luxury Gandalf packaging was littered with errors but nothing so egregious as getting the characters name wrong on the name-plate! That’s the kind of screw up that demands replacement parts be sent to all buyers- or they need to recall the batches they’ve sent out to swap in the correct plate. I know HT have done it too but it’s still inexcusable.

So should UK and US residents not expect to get their invoices until nearer the 20th due to the shipping delay? The fact the luxury is in stock at KG, my usual store, is a real pain in the arse.

I’m a day one pre-orderer from Asmus (as always) but waited months extra for my deluxe Legolas invoice so would just like to catch the problem a little earlier this time so I can start prodding them into action.

Typos are becoming far too common with Asmus. The text in the Luxury Gandalf packaging was littered with errors but nothing so egregious as getting the characters name wrong on the name-plate! That’s the kind of screw up that demands replacement parts be sent to all buyers- or they need to recall the batches they’ve sent out to swap in the correct plate. I know HT have done it too but it’s still inexcusable.
Yeah even though I don't plan on using that base,I do expect them to send out new name plates. Through all the "issues" this figure has, that's one I think needs replacement most. Having the name wrong on the base is inexcusable.

Keep the positive feedback coming…folks who are seeing the glass on those final pictures as half full…I am trying REALLY hard not to cancel my Luxury Edition with Sideshow because I love Evil Dead 2, passed up on the Sideshow version because I didn’t think it was good enough, and regretted not paying retail for it, which in hindsight I could have lived with.
Don’t want to repeat that mistake, but…this one looks…rough…
The entire figure, especially the clothes, looks like the 7inch NECA figures done in the Mego style.
If I walked in and saw those pictures I would never believe that it was a 1/6 scale figure.
Soft sculpt, bad paint apps, terrible tailoring…trying to find something to like…I guess it’s a 1/6 scale Ash, but that’s all I’ve got…

It's definitely bad that the typo made it all the way to the display base and I hope they do provide replacement plates.
His trousers/pants are really bothering me. They're pulled up so high on the production piece and still look like they have loads of room in them. They definitely aren't so ill fitting in the proto pics.

I'll probably keep the PO. I'm sure I can sell off the parts if I really didn't like it.

Keep the positive feedback coming…folks who are seeing the glass on those final pictures as half full…I am trying REALLY hard not to cancel my Luxury Edition with Sideshow because I love Evil Dead 2, passed up on the Sideshow version because I didn’t think it was good enough, and regretted not paying retail for it, which in hindsight I could have lived with.
Don’t want to repeat that mistake, but…this one looks…rough…
The entire figure, especially the clothes, looks like the 7inch NECA figures done in the Mego style.
If I walked in and saw those pictures I would never believe that it was a 1/6 scale figure.
Soft sculpt, bad paint apps, terrible tailoring…trying to find something to like…I guess it’s a 1/6 scale Ash, but that’s all I’ve got…

I've got a couple of the NECA Mego style figures and I'm just saying the clothes on those are generally awful. You wouldn't mistake these clothes for those clothes in person.

On the fence about cancelling now.

I'd like to see more pictures as well. That holster is huge, the chainsaw is huge, the belt is awful, the collar is still way too big and not for nothing, the shotgun also looks huge. These are all things I'd want to replace and who knows how much that would add up to. Going to wait on pictures of the luxury but this is a bummer.

Last edited:
Hard to tell from the new pics how it will look in hand, but I'm sort of not digging the head sculpt anymore. Still need to see pics of lux version, which is what I ordered. Maybe the accessories will make up for it? What are the chances I can parts swap between this and SS Ash?

Worst case, I suppose SS Ash could take the lux base, and I can keep this one as a possessed Ash on the standard base, with the misspelled name.

If you are not into the "luxury" base I would just get the figure. Price-wise it's in line with what's out there for a licensed figure.

I think it's pointless if I get angry and complain about it since what's done is done. Instead I'll probably spend the week contemplating on cancelling it.

It's really nothing new, been collecting for 20 years and we've all seen this before and the best we can do is to vote with our wallets. One one hand, it's an Ash figure and he's not as ubiquitous as an Iron Man, on the other it's probably the only Ash we'll see and I'll to spend a lot of time customizing him, including printing a damn nameplate. :slap

The sculpt is ok, but the paint app to look so shoddy in promo pics is a bad sign….same with the tailoring.

Looks only a step or two above barbie and about on par with SSC

Well not sure if it'll work but I asked Asmus if I could switch to the standard version instead. As the more I look at the deluxe base, the cheesier it looks, as it's not accurate to the movie at all and more of a cartoonish representation of it. And if I really wanted a cabin setting I could just scratchbuild a more accurate one myself.

The only thing I might have still wanted from the deluxe was the torn shirt and seamless arm, but it's just not worth the extra $150 and they did a terrible job tearing up the shirt even on the proto. And I've always kinda preferred the full shirt look on him anyway.

The sculpt is ok, but the paint app to look so shoddy in promo pics is a bad sign….same with the tailoring.

Looks only a step or two above barbie and about on par with SSC
Yeah. I can't help cracking up at Asmus photo because they didn't bother to futz with it so Ash has his pants riding above his belly button..lol

The more I think about “Ash WILLAMS” the more I realize that Asmus just don’t care and that comes through in every other detail on this figure.
Sorry…big fail all around.

Yeah. I can't help cracking up at Asmus photo because they didn't bother to futz with it so Ash has his pants riding above his belly button..lol
was gonna mention the pants riding up high, but I didn't want to get told I'm knitpicking again lol

head is painted nicer vs what we are getting

1641877623032.png

Back