Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally I’m just waiting to see some better pictures of everything before I pay my invoice, preferably in-hand from someone who will actually futz the clothes properly. At the end of the day it’s still an Ash figure, so you either want one enough to forgive the shortcomings or you don’t. I never liked the SS version—it was like a jacked-up 90s Power of the Force version of Ash—and could never bring myself to grab one even though PC had it in stock for ages at MSRP after it was long sold out here in the states. So I still think this looks better than the SS version from what I’ve seen so far. But is “better” still worth $350 for the deluxe? I would just like to see more and better pics before deciding for sure.

But is “better” still worth $350 for the deluxe? I would just like to see more and better pics before deciding for sure.
Putting it in perspective, where basic SSC figures go for $250, and unlicensed 1/6 figures of comparable quality often go for upwards of $200, getting a figure, massive base, and all the bells and whistles for $350 is definitely reasonable in my view, even factoring in the issues that have been discussed.

But yeah, getting more pics should help us have a much better sense of things. We really know next to nothing with only early, parted out pics and a handful of random production shots on Facebook.

how do you know it's "fantastic" when we have not even seen the finished product yet? Her name tag may say "Hent-riatta" (yes, I know she doesn't come with one)
bd9d0dbc6acf077bf6fb75f0a4b23e0db9841bb0r1-600-600_hq.gif

If enough people complain and cancel they gotta do something. Heneritta has no bloody hair from pics I saw.

This has so much potential but its gonna need work.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220111-202153_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20220111-202153_Instagram.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 213
  • Screenshot_20220111-202129_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20220111-202129_Instagram.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:
Yeah the tailoring, body and chainsaw on the sideshow are definitely better. The sculpt would have been better on the Asmus if it wasn't for the hair and paint app. Also the hair on the Linda head is terrible in that photo. I don't think I'll be keeping my order unfortunately.

If enough people complain and cancel they gotta do something. Heneritta has no bloody hair from pics I saw.

As I said earlier, still waiting for some good, properly futzed photos. This guy didn’t even make an ounce of effort lol.

But yeah, no hair on Henrietta is a big red flag for me that they cut some serious corners on this.

Based on those pictures, it's highly doubtful I'll be paying the invoice when (or if) it's ever sent to me. Bad photography can't be blamed for Henrietta's missing hair, or how awful everything else looks in the photos. They applied absolutely none of the texture or shading to Henrietta. I actually thought the reduced paint on Ash helped improve his likeness, but that Henrietta is inexcusable. She has the textured appearance of hand sculpted statue in the proto pictures, but looks like a smooth, glossy, cheap plastic toy in those new images.

Back