Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is KG Hobby shipping to the United States? They've been holding one of my items for two weeks now and I read a couple of posts on FB that said US buyers weren't able to complete purchases due to this.
Apparently flights and shipments out of HK to the US, UK and others are delayed and grounded until January 20th effective immediately due to the pandemic.

So I’d wager any notifications from the weekend are on hold, and likely from a couple weeks ago too if the package never left HK. I know with KG my shipment for one figure back in November/December took awhile and my 2 experiences with OSK and Kit last month was the first one was shipped and received within a week while the second took 2 to 3 weeks.

Apparently flights and shipments out of HK to the US, UK and others are delayed and grounded until January 20th effective immediately due to the pandemic.

Is it just Hong Kong? I'm wondering as mines been shipped with Fedex from Taiwan to UK so not sure if that's gonna be suspended too.

I think the issue that comes up is that it appears the "luxury" version is just an added box. Seems like the people who ordered their regular "Willams" get just the figure. While those that got the "luxury" version get the same regular version box with the extras in another box. Unless there is a damaged body in the extra box which I doubt; never listed.
That's how they've done all their luxury releases thus far. It is concerning about the body. Most likely the nipples and cuts aren't present on any of them.

I guess this is what happens when they rush a product. I was pretty surprised that this released as early as it did. Now we know why.

FB_IMG_1641855102609.jpg
FB_IMG_1641855104718.jpg
FB_IMG_1641855106882.jpg

Not feeling the cartoony final product.

The first thing I said needed work was the bouffant hair, and it hasn't been tweaked at all.

Will give it a few days, might cancel.

Goddamnit.

That's how they've done all their luxury releases thus far. It is concerning about the body. Most likely the nipples and cuts aren't present on any of them.

I guess this is what happens when they rush a product. I was pretty surprised that this released as early as it did. Now we know why.

Certainly seems rushed. If the cuts are not on the luxury then they missed the mark. Bigtime

Not feeling the cartoony final product.

The first thing I said needed work was the bouffant hair, and it hasn't been tweaked at all.

Will give it a few days, might cancel.

Goddamnit.
Yeah…I’m just feeling underwhelmed, especially for a $350 figure. I really dug the reveal but im just not feeling it. The soft, cartoony paint app to the tailoring make it look cheap. I guess any feedback given wasn’t put into practice I guess.

I’m not going to panic until I need to. Sideshow is pretty great with their CS and if I REALLY decide I don’t want it, I foresee a full refund. However, I don’t think I will either way. There likely won’t be another Ash for some time and so far I can live with most things and the others seem like pretty simple fixes I can do myself if I’m bothered to that extent. But, I’m saving that judgement until I know 100% what’s going on with the luxury.

It’s certainly not far off the mark from the proto that I preordered it on and I was happy to jump on it ASAP. I tried REAL hard not to get my hopes up for any real changes afterward and I think that is what some, not all, are most upset about. When you start expecting changes that haven’t been confirmed you can talk yourself right out of a product you were okay with getting at the start. Not saying that’s wrong, we spend A LOT of money, but I really only pre-order things that I’m pretty much 100% okay receiving based on the prototype. I’m still pretty excited to get him and set up both regular and a Deadite Ash.

Yeah…I’m just feeling underwhelmed, especially for a $350 figure. I really dug the reveal but im just not feeling it. The soft, cartoony paint app to the tailoring make it look cheap. I guess any feedback given wasn’t put into practice I guess.
What do you mean? You're supposed to like it flaws and all that you'll have to fix on your own lol....totally worth $375 with deposit

Back