Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you mean? You're supposed to like it flaws and all that you'll have to fix on your own lol....totally worth $375 with deposit
You keep calling this a $350 figure, but you seem to be forgetting the figure itself is $200 and the luxury is $350. That's $150 more for the extras.

Though the cuts and blood look like a downgrade from the proto, they now look more screen accurate (IMO, having just looked at some film screenshots). I know I'm definitely in the minority for thinking this, but I think the reduced paint app of the blood and skin makes the likeness look more accurate than the proto pics.

You keep calling this a $350 figure, but you seem to be forgetting the figure itself is $200 and the luxury is $350. That's $150 more for the extras.
Which we have not seen yet...I bought the luxury version, and it's $375 as Asmus decided to tack on another $25 bucks to it to ship. It's supposed to be 350 shipped. Talk about about "accusation" by defending a dollie

obvious flaws is nitpicking?
Yes you are being a bit nitpicky. Cuts and nipples is an easy fix. The Holster, probably just **** futzing. Sculpt and Paint imo look decent in the official Asmus pics. The base/box typo is a disappointment, but imo I'm getting the luxury so I won't be using that standard base.

What else were you complaining about? 😆

Which we have not seen yet...I bought the luxury version, and it's $375 as Asmus decided to tack on another $25 bucks to it to ship. It's supposed to be 350 shipped. Talk about about "accusation" by defending a dollie
If you're not happy go ahead and cancel 🙂 no skin off my back.

Yes you are being a bit nitpicky. Cuts and nipples is an easy fix. The Holster, probably just **** futzing. Sculpt and Paint imo look decent in the official Asmus pics. The base/box typo is a disappointment, but imo I'm getting the luxury so I won't be using that standard base.

What else were you complaining about? 😆
You seem okay paying high prices for these inferior and expectations of a high quality product. Shows how mind numbed you really are. The cuts are not nitpicky as it's advertised to clearly be there. I shouldn't have to paint my own. Glad you're okay with having Ash "Willams " on your shelf lol

You seem okay paying high prices for these inferior and expectations of a high quality product. Shows how mind numbed you really are. The cuts are not nitpicky as it's advertised to clearly be there. I shouldn't have to paint my own. Glad you're okay with having Ash "Willams " on your shelf lol
Absolutely 💯 I'm okay with having it on my shelf. I have no problem doing the fixes myself. It's part of the fun. Do yourself a favor and cancel boyo.

Last edited:
What do you mean? You're supposed to like it flaws and all that you'll have to fix on your own lol....totally worth $375 with deposit
Yeah..but I jumped to Sideshow first so I'm paying $391 shipped. 😆

Wanna see the final luxury set but I'm now 60/40 to contacting Sideshows CS and getting a refund.

I'll tell you right now, it's more than likely going to have the same "shortcomings" that have you on edge already. 😉
I'm a huge Ash fan....It's a high priced item and I just want what was shown in the prototype....lowering your standards doesn't change the reality of what we are really getting

I'm a huge Ash fan....It's a high priced item and I just want what was shown in the prototype....lowering your standards doesn't change the reality of what we are really getting
Neither is complaining. It's out the factory now. Best thing to do now is either work with what you get or cancel. I'm ok with working with what I get because that's what I find fun in the hobby. Taking these releases and customizing them and making them better and personalized to my liking.

All this worry is doing nothing honestly. Good thing is if you haven't paid an invoice give it a week or so to see if the Luxury has all the things it's supposed to. I understand the frustrations with how it looks and the errors on the box and base. But I agree with Rzeznikk it will be a good figure if you've wanted a decent ash and most of the things that can get fixed aren't that bad. I actually wouldn't mind doing a run for the harness and holster. I have some good ideas which artist to ask for that. But overall let's wait and see how the Luxury turns out. It seems Asmus gave us the figure advertised so I have no doubt the Lux will be the same.

All this worry is doing nothing honestly. Good thing is if you haven't paid an invoice give it a week or so to see if the Luxury has all the things it's supposed to. I understand the frustrations with how it looks and the errors on the box and base. But I agree with Rzeznikk it will be a good figure if you've wanted a decent ash and most of the things that can get fixed aren't that bad. I actually wouldn't mind doing a run for the harness and holster. I have some good ideas which artist to ask for that. But overall let's wait and see how the Luxury turns out. It seems Asmus gave us the figure advertised so I have no doubt the Lux will be the same.
I'm on board if you decide to get a run going.

That's how they've done all their luxury releases thus far. It is concerning about the body. Most likely the nipples and cuts aren't present on any of them.

I guess this is what happens when they rush a product. I was pretty surprised that this released as early as it did. Now we know why.
That's disappointing. I only own The H8ful Eight from them. Nice group of figures, Wish they made more. Those figures had their issues, but they were pretty much what was advertised. Wasn't really expecting much, if any, improvements with Ash. That body was shown so I am expecting it. It doesn't feel like it though.

Back