Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just had someone tell me that "sideshows head looks more like Bruce and the asmus one looks nothing like him" uhhh I think they need glasses the asmus sculpt in my opinion facewise is has the most likeness to Bruce out of any figure out thereView attachment 532172View attachment 532173
Happens all the time. Collectors in denial that their version they have is inferior. It's a way for them to make themselves feel better. And there are also Asmus haters out there so you'll get them dissing any and everything they produce.

I have the Exclusive SS and it's a caricature of Bruce. Asmus crushed it.

I think Asmus crushed it if they are doing 1981 Bruce with some ED2 inspired scratches. I still feel like the perfect ED2 Bruce sculpt doesn't exist. Good enough tho...and maybe they'll still improve it further.

I think Asmus crushed it if they are doing 1981 Bruce with some ED2 inspired scratches. I still feel like the perfect ED2 Bruce sculpt doesn't exist. Good enough tho...and maybe they'll still improve it further.
I disagree, I think his face is too skinny to look like an ed1 ash, in that movie he had a pretty chubby face in my opinion they nailed the ed2 likeness and the expression down to his face being skinny and long. Maybe it's the hair making him look like he's from part 1 ?
IMG_20210209_040752.jpg

I ordered the deluxe version and got charged but the site says it didn't go through and no sign of my order? Did anyone else have this problem? I tried messaging their email but it won't send as it is flagged as spam.
Hmm. I had a similar problem, but re-ordered with a different credit card and it did apparently go through. But I was charged for both, so now have that to deal with. Their website could be more intuitive and easier to use.

And I agree that this sculpt beats the SSC one in the likeness department, but that hair screams Evil Dead 1 to me.

--edit:

I tried to contact them via e-mail, and got a return message that they flagged my e-mail as spam and won't receive it. And when I try to contact them through their website I get an error message saying that the e-mail format is invalid. Is there no way to contact these people? What a pain.

Last edited:
I'm quite happy with my Sideshow after a few tweaks, but I grabbed the deluxe of this for all the possibilities it presents. Right now I'm thinking I'll mix and match a bit, using the best parts for each, and end up with an Evil Dead 2 chainsaw Ash and an Evil Dead/Evil Dead 2 regular Ash or a possessed Ash, or maybe even both depending on how everything turns out and if it feels worth getting another body and some extra clothes to do.

The only thing I would have liked them to add to the deluxe set would be an axe.

I'd also be down for Army of Darkness medieval Ash and older Ash from Ash vs Evil Dead in the future if Asmus wants to throw us a bone.

Frankly the diorama is the only reason I ordered this figure. Sculpt looks great, but I have been very satisfied with the SSC figure myself. Possessed sculpt will definitely give me two display options, though, so happy about that. Ash will need his own Detolf shelf.

Hmm. I had a similar problem, but re-ordered with a different credit card and it did apparently go through. But I was charged for both, so now have that to deal with. Their website could be more intuitive and easier to use.

And I agree that this sculpt beats the SSC one in the likeness department, but that hair screams Evil Dead 1 to me.

--edit:

I tried to contact them via e-mail, and got a return message that they flagged my e-mail as spam and won't receive it. And when I try to contact them through their website I get an error message saying that the e-mail format is invalid. Is there no way to contact these people? What a pain.
I also haven't received an order email yet, I'm worried I might have spelt my email wrong in the order and the same thing happened to me just now when I emailed them but it said that their inbox was full instead of it being flagged as spam

Weird. I was ultimately able to communicate through their website. I initially listed my e-mail in the message as well as the e-mail field. When I took it out of the message it went through. Seems like they have a lot of anti-spam protections set up. Full in-box is not good for a company with active pre-orders, though.

Weird. I was ultimately able to communicate through their website. I initially listed my e-mail in the message as well as the e-mail field. When I took it out of the message it went through. Seems like they have a lot of anti-spam protections set up. Full in-box is not good for a company with active pre-orders, though.
That worked for me thank you ! and the exact same thing happened when I included my email in the message, weird lol

Looks like this is on display at Sideshows booth tour today ,can see it in the background.

Just had someone tell me that "sideshows head looks more like Bruce and the asmus one looks nothing like him" uhhh I think they need glasses the asmus sculpt in my opinion facewise is has the most likeness to Bruce out of any figure out thereView attachment 532172View attachment 532173
People are going to fall into two camps on which likeness is more accurate:
People who have the Sideshow figure and don’t want to UPGRADE, will all see the Sideshow likeness as being better.
Everyone else in the world will see the Asmus likeness as being better.

It's funny how people try to find a reason that this figure is inferior to the SS one. I've seen a few say the outfit isn't as good compared to Sideshows. Even though at the moment these are just promo images trust me the clothes will be top notch as I've own their figures and they have a partnership with POP TOYS ( who have made 1/6th clothing and the last samurai figures) to make the outfits for their figures which is awesome because their work is some of the best. Once they begin to tweak the figure it will be sought after especially that Luxury Edition.

It's funny how people try to find a reason that this figure is inferior to the SS one. I've seen a few say the outfit isn't as good compared to Sideshows. Even though at the moment these are just promo images trust me the clothes will be top notch as I've own their figures and they have a partnership with POP TOYS ( who have made 1/6th clothing and the last samurai figures) to make the outfits for their figures which is awesome because their work is some of the best. Once they begin to tweak the figure it will be sought after especially that Luxury Edition.
I agree. Asmus is one of the best companies in the field in many areas, clothing among them.

Yeah I cannot trust anyone’s taste if they think the SS version has a better likeness than this one. I remember that for quite a while it was sold out at all the U.S. retailers but still available at Popcultcha and I still couldn’t bring myself to purchase one.

Back