Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just had someone tell me that "sideshows head looks more like Bruce and the asmus one looks nothing like him" uhhh I think they need glasses the asmus sculpt in my opinion facewise is has the most likeness to Bruce out of any figure out thereView attachment 532172View attachment 532173
I thought it looked like him until I saw the Asmus one, man if they changed that hair it's a total winner!
Also from Gandalf experience expect a few nit picks but a Hot toys feel unboxing for their Luxury stuff.

A minor nit pick with the Dio not sure if anyone else agree's? I kinda wish it had been a bit taller, gives the illusion he's stood in the cabin rather than top half seeing a wall and the bottom a beautiful Dio.

EVDLUXFamily.jpg

Last edited:
I thought it looked like him until I saw the Asmus one, man if they changed that hair it's a total winner!
Also from Gandalf experience expect a few nit picks but a Hot toys feel unboxing for their Luxury stuff.

A minor nit pick with the Dio not sure if anyone else agree's? I kinda wish it had been a bit taller, gives the illusion he's stood in the cabin rather than top half seeing a wall and the bottom a beautiful Dio.

View attachment 532263

I don't mind the height, I'd want it to fit in a detolf. I'd prefer it be a little wider if anything so I can pose him battling the zombie.

I have the SS Ash and was on the fence about this one. Got to thinking as some of you have about using the SS and this one to make a couple of nice complete figures, perhaps three.

Looking at the comic con photos maybe the saw bar isn't too short ? Actually looks pretty good in the pics, maybe it's just the angle of the original photos making it look small the hair also doesn't really bother me looking at the new pics either to be honest

Last edited:
If they can fix the hair and shorten it a bit then that would be best. Also the chainsaw blade really just needs the blade to be a gun metal black and it's good. Maybe even make the hole smaller but not a big deal. The only other big changes is the harness on him should be webbing apart from the one strap and maybe even make the belt leather as they are using rubber and I have a fear it can rip easily.

If Asmus were to fix the hair on the Ash sculpt, add the missing scratches on his face and upper lip, dirty the hell out of the shirts and make the blue a bit darker to match the film as well as dirty up and add some blood stains to the pants and boots to match the rest of him then the figure would be damn near perfect for Evil Dead 2 Ash.

The hair is too poofy/wavy. In either film, Ash's hair was never that large. Nor was he that clean by the time he go the chainsaw hand and what not.

It's the little details that will really make this figure and set truly amazing.

I'll definitely be getting both the regular and luxury versions to be able to display both versions of Ash. And will have to get another set of clothes and body to have Deadite Ash on display as well.

If Asmus are able to make the needed or wanted changes to the figure, then I cant justify to myself to weather and customize the figure myself, which I suck at.

My god he looks amazing. Really just an absolute win for us fans. I truly am glad I passed on the sideshow version. Lol also one thing I do hope they fix and add which everyone forgot to mention. I hope the pants fit well as the velcro fly isn't closed all the way and I hope they add the tare at the bottom of his pants on the left above the boot.

Last edited:
If Asmus were to fix the hair on the Ash sculpt, add the missing scratches on his face and upper lip, dirty the hell out of the shirts and make the blue a bit darker to match the film as well as dirty up and add some blood stains to the pants and boots to match the rest of him then the figure would be damn near perfect for Evil Dead 2 Ash.

The hair is too poofy/wavy. In either film, Ash's hair was never that large. Nor was he that clean by the time he go the chainsaw hand and what not.

It's the little details that will really make this figure and set truly amazing.

I'll definitely be getting both the regular and luxury versions to be able to display both versions of Ash. And will have to get another set of clothes and body to have Deadite Ash on display as well.

If Asmus are able to make the needed or wanted changes to the figure, then I cant justify to myself to weather and customize the figure myself, which I suck at.
I agree with you on the hair, scratches and the shirt should maybe have a "T" shaped black wash over it (although honestly the hair doesn't bother me and I could add the scratches and weathering myself) but not everyone wants to mod their figures so I understand, but there's no blood on his pants or boots throughout the film he should just have dry mud on them also his shirt is the correct color
FB_IMG_1611751876119.jpg

Last edited:
I agree with you on the hair, scratches and the shirt should maybe have a "T" shaped black wash over it (although honestly the hair doesn't bother me and I could add the scratches and weathering myself) but not everyone wants to mod their figures so I understand, but there's no blood on his pants or boots throughout the film he should just have dry mud on them also his shirt is the correct color

I agree with you on the hair, scratches and the shirt should maybe have a "T" shaped black wash over it (although honestly the hair doesn't bother me and I could add the scratches and weathering myself) but not everyone wants to mod their figures so I understand, but there's no blood on his pants or boots throughout the film he should just have dry mud on them also his shirt is the correct color View attachment 532330
Hmmm...I know the shirt is the correct color from the beginning of the film, but from the points they are displaying him, he had been through the ringer by that point of getting the chainsaw or even cutting his hand off.

And after starting to rewatch the film, I take back my comment on the blood on the pants. While it shows up depending on the carnage in the film, it isn't there the majority of his scenes.

Little nitpicks here and there, but none of it will keep me from getting the figures and enjoying the hell out of them.

Also, the hair seems more in line with how Bruce Campbell looks in several scenes in Army of Darkness and not Evil Dead 2...but like I said before, little nitpicks won't keep me away from this figure

Back