Action Figure Asmus Toys: Devil May Cry 5 Dante

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In a video on their channel they showed an updated version and apparently did not fix the problem with the magnet(

At one time I bought the regular version of Dante, but I'm thinking of replacing it with a new one. After some time, I regretted that I did not buy the Luxury edition on pre-order. I really want the Sparda Sword in the design from DMC5, but I haven’t found it on sale anywhere separately.

I also noticed that the pants are made of different materials.

изображение_2023-12-06_140742555.png
изображение_2023-12-06_141447027.png
изображение_2023-12-06_141509396.png

In a video on their channel they showed an updated version and apparently did not fix the problem with the magnet(

At one time I bought the regular version of Dante, but I'm thinking of replacing it with a new one. After some time, I regretted that I did not buy the Luxury edition on pre-order. I really want the Sparda Sword in the design from DMC5, but I haven’t found it on sale anywhere separately.

I also noticed that the pants are made of different materials.

THEY MUST SELL THOSE PANTS SEPARATELY.

or not, This would be a deception to previous buyers.

On their Facebook page, they called out a little change to the clothing and new forearms.

Excited to get this one, and glad I didn’t try to track down a used one at the inflated eBay prices.

Hopefully after passing the suggestion on rebellion magnet and being on the correct side they have time to fix it. We might also be getting closed fist with him this time. The pants being a different material that won't fall apart is welcoming.

Somebody please pass the suggestion of properly scaling DSD because it's very undersized. Also make it lighter because Dante can't hold it without the arms dropping. I'd like to see an activated DSD and some spinning red blades. They included the blue blades for Vergil so why not for Dante?

Somebody please pass the suggestion of properly scaling DSD because it's very undersized. Also make it lighter because Dante can't hold it without the arms dropping. I'd like to see an activated DSD and some spinning red blades. They included the blue blades for Vergil so why not for Dante?
The new arms might be strong enough for him to hold it.

I only ever played DMC 3 but I’ve always thought Dante looked incredibly cool. I’d lust over the old toys back in the day but never bought any.
DMC 5 is as good as he’s ever looked imo and he’s undeniably eye catching on display resting one of those giant swords on his shoulders with a cocky grin on his face.
This ‘revised’ re-release is really calling out to me. I think it’s time I finally cave into an urge that’s clearly never going to leave me and PO this thing!

I loved DMC 1-3, never finished 4 and never played 5 or the remake(or whatever that was). Would be really great to have a Dante on the videogame lineup shelf along with the my AC figs and future Uncharted and GoW. Just not sure if I should jump on this one or wait for a DMC1 or 2 from Asmus

I loved DMC 1-3, never finished 4 and never played 5 or the remake(or whatever that was). Would be really great to have a Dante on the videogame lineup shelf along with the my AC figs and future Uncharted and GoW. Just not sure if I should jump on this one or wait for a DMC1 or 2 from Asmus
If you play 5 you'll definitely want this version. But I'm also hoping DMC1 Dante is made as that's the definitive look imo.

The new arms might be strong enough for him to hold it.

Highly doubt it. 1/6 Dante didn’t really go to the gym and develop actual muscles and strength to lift the heavy undersized DSD. 🤣

Joking aside, the beefier arms wouldn't matter if the joints are the same. I can't really remember if the elbows or the wrists or both were the problem. Ratchets on the elbows can help but making the DSD hollow inside can help remove some weight.

Highly doubt it. 1/6 Dante didn’t really go to the gym and develop actual muscles and strength to lift the heavy undersized DSD. 🤣

Joking aside, the beefier arms wouldn't matter if the joints are the same. I can't really remember if the elbows or the wrists or both were the problem. Ratchets on the elbows can help but making the DSD hollow inside can help remove some weight.
I believe they confirmed the arms are seamless with a metal skeleton inside. Don't know if the arms are switchable.

I’m surprised they didn’t make his undershirt sleeves longer like in the latest reissue to cover up the elbow and joint work in the old version. It’s more accurate to the game’s design too. Problem with the seamless arms now is worrying if the silicone will tear so you can’t even keep his arm bent for long.

I’m surprised they didn’t make his undershirt sleeves longer like in the latest reissue to cover up the elbow and joint work in the old version. It’s more accurate to the game’s design too. Problem with the seamless arms now is worrying if the silicone will tear so you can’t even keep his arm bent for long.
They might be using a more durable silicone similar to their V figure. His arms have metal skeleton underneath with rachete joints so the pose stays still. When I did have that figure I felt the arms quality was pretty good. Hopefully they did that here.

Is Dante’s Jacket the same material as his pants on the older version and prone to flake?

No different materials it won't fall apart. Wish that they use the same material for the pants but somehow didn't.
unless they're using leather for the jacket or whatever gametoys does for their "leather" esque clothing, it's gonna flake. I love their DMC3 Dante, but the pleather on the jacket's flaked off in spades. I wish they'd jsut sell a non pleather clothing kit that doesn't look like ass at this point.

unless they're using leather for the jacket or whatever gametoys does for their "leather" esque clothing, it's gonna flake. I love their DMC3 Dante, but the pleather on the jacket's flaked off in spades. I wish they'd jsut sell a non pleather clothing kit that doesn't look like ass at this point.
It's not pleather from what they have said in the past. It's a material that is almost like parachute It's not supple like leather though it has the grain like it. They used this material on their DMC4 Dante and that held up for a lot of people. I still have the jacket from my first figure in my cabinet and although the pants have flaked like crazy the jacket is intact.

So, the packages are still the same as the original release. The pants are really made of a different material (in my opinion they look better than the previous ones). Due to the lighting, it seemed that the skin tone became a little tanned. The insert with the serial number is now red.

Well, I'm waiting for my updated version. I sold my Dante from the original batch at the time of the announcement, I hope the new one will not disappoint me)

Back