Action Figure Asmus Toys: Devil May Cry 5 Dante

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone get their invoice from Asmus direct yet? Looks like they are out of office now for CNY.

Ok received Dante 1.5 today. Here are my quick thoughts:

Apologies for not providing pictures, but the figure in the promotional pictures are exactly what you get-

Same portrait, same paint apps, and I canā€™t decide whether heā€™s on a bulkier body or they made adjustments to the fit of his coatā€¦either way, he isnā€™t as slim as the 1.0. Out of the package, his arms are seamless with TIGHT ratchet joints at the elbows. You can feel resistance when moving and bending his arms and wrists (also tight) which will help with holding heavier weapons such as DSDante and DSSparda. A nice accessory are an extra pair of arms with visible joints if you want more articulation. Pants are definitely made fromā€¦well, what I can only describe asā€¦parachute material? Or something similar to that? It doesnā€™t take anything away from Danteā€™s aesthetics TBH. It still looks good, and thatā€™s all that matters. Rebellion is still attached to a weak magnet, and the horned eyes are facing outwardā€¦I donā€™t know which side is the accurate way.

Should you upgrade?

Well, if you donā€™t have the mindset or patience to mod the 1.0, then YES. 1.5 is superior in every way to 1.0. Everything feels tighter, sturdier and looks excellent.

However, this feelsā€¦kinda messed up. Iā€™ve been calling it 1.5 because itā€™s not a major re-tool to earn that extra .5.and it basically made 1.0 obsolete. To incentivizeā€¦well, I guess ā€œearly adoptersā€ at this point, is they couldā€™ve made a DMC5 Dante 2.0- different expression, more devil arms with the promise of the bike etc etcā€¦

This version is great for those that missed out on 1.0ā€¦but a bit of a slap to the face to those that own the first release.

Soā€¦Iā€™m happy and angry that this exists. Itā€™s a great upgrade that shouldā€™ve been the original release. instead of being the same figure with a better body, it shouldā€™ve been a full on 2.0 production. I mean, if I didnā€™t have disposable income, I probably wouldā€™ve passed.

Interesting, so there are new accessories = arms?

One thing about the new pants though is that it looks less accurate, even if the material will hold up better.

Interesting, so there are new accessories = arms?

One thing about the new pants though is that it looks less accurate, even if the material will hold up better.
I can't justify buying another and going through the motions of selling the old. I will deal with the 1.0.

Yeah, both of you are not wrong. The entire figure is a compromise. Has things you either reject or accept. On one hand, the pants will DEFINITELY not degradeā€¦but itā€™s not accurate. His overall silhouette is more pleasing to the eye because he fills out the outfit moreā€¦but it really shouldā€™ve featured a different portrait and different devil arms so owners of 1.0 wonā€™t feel burned and would be interested in this ā€œupdateā€. In fact, it shouldā€™ve come in 2 editions: regular is just the figure- new portrait, different devil arms. Luxury edition- regular plus the bike cavaliere.

I over looked his slender frame in the 1.0 due to the excitement of owning a 1/6 DMC5 Dante, however this figure really shows how off the previous one was.

IMG_1658.jpeg

IMG_1659.jpeg

Would I recommend this: I canā€™t answer that due to 2 things:

1-I have disposable income. I can be reckless with it at times. ITā€™S NOT A FLEX, but it is something to consider when I share my thoughts because Iā€™m not looking at these things with a ā€˜tight-budgetedā€™ mind. The more I look back at my 1.0 Dante reviewā€¦I was too lenient when it came down to the negatives such as overly slender body, slightly under scaled devil arms etc.

2-Iā€™m a Dante fanboy. Like I said, I was too forgiving with 1.0ā€™s flaws.

As a reviewer (that does it as a hobbyšŸ˜…šŸ˜‡), I have to be more objective.

Once again, either THIS shouldā€™ve been the figure we got a few years ago, OR this shouldā€™ve been a full fledged update and not some weird ā€˜mid-gen refreshā€™.

Ok received Dante 1.5 today. Here are my quick thoughts:

Apologies for not providing pictures, but the figure in the promotional pictures are exactly what you get-

Same portrait, same paint apps, and I canā€™t decide whether heā€™s on a bulkier body or they made adjustments to the fit of his coatā€¦either way, he isnā€™t as slim as the 1.0. Out of the package, his arms are seamless with TIGHT ratchet joints at the elbows. You can feel resistance when moving and bending his arms and wrists (also tight) which will help with holding heavier weapons such as DSDante and DSSparda. A nice accessory are an extra pair of arms with visible joints if you want more articulation. Pants are definitely made fromā€¦well, what I can only describe asā€¦parachute material? Or something similar to that? It doesnā€™t take anything away from Danteā€™s aesthetics TBH. It still looks good, and thatā€™s all that matters. Rebellion is still attached to a weak magnet, and the horned eyes are facing outwardā€¦I donā€™t know which side is the accurate way.

Should you upgrade?

Well, if you donā€™t have the mindset or patience to mod the 1.0, then YES. 1.5 is superior in every way to 1.0. Everything feels tighter, sturdier and looks excellent.

However, this feelsā€¦kinda messed up. Iā€™ve been calling it 1.5 because itā€™s not a major re-tool to earn that extra .5.and it basically made 1.0 obsolete. To incentivizeā€¦well, I guess ā€œearly adoptersā€ at this point, is they couldā€™ve made a DMC5 Dante 2.0- different expression, more devil arms with the promise of the bike etc etcā€¦

This version is great for those that missed out on 1.0ā€¦but a bit of a slap to the face to those that own the first release.

Soā€¦Iā€™m happy and angry that this exists. Itā€™s a great upgrade that shouldā€™ve been the original release. instead of being the same figure with a better body, it shouldā€™ve been a full on 2.0 production. I mean, if I didnā€™t have disposable income, I probably wouldā€™ve passed.
Yeah rebellion swords horned eyes should be facing out of his back. At least it's accurate now then when on the 1.0, shame about the magnet being weak.

This time, I dyed Dante's shirt.
I'm so satisfied that I don't know why I've been putting this off for a long time.
This makes him look so much better!
I'd definitely like to do this too. Is there a risk of the dyed shirt staining the body? Is there some sort of sealant that you used during the dye process to lock in the colour so that it doesn't stain his skin?

This makes him look so much better!
I'd definitely like to do this too. Is there a risk of the dyed shirt staining the body? Is there some sort of sealant that you used during the dye process to lock in the colour so that it doesn't stain his skin?

After I dyed, I washed that shirt with cold water as much as possible.
It is important to clean it well until the dye runs out.

So far, I had no problem.
However, there are individual differences, so I can't guarantee it.

After I dyed, I washed that shirt with cold water as much as possible.
It is important to clean it well until the dye runs out.

So far, I had no problem.
However, there are individual differences, so I can't guarantee it.
Thank you for the information!

I noticed you provided a link to the Rit Dye page and it does mention using "ColorStay Dye Fixative" during the dyeing process to reduce the risk of colour bleed, so I will look into that.
Thanks again!

Well, things are slowly getting better, apparently. The section with the DMC series is still not available on the site, but the old link already displays a little more items.

ŠøŠ·Š¾Š±Ń€Š°Š¶ŠµŠ½ŠøŠµ_2024-02-22_113303781.png

I can't even pay for my Dante order on there site. Might have to preorder at BBTS before he sells out.

@tryvor7 I cannot thank you enough for sharing your idea and information on dyeing Dante's shirt. My Dante arrived from KGHobby last week and I immediately ordered the dyes you used. I am SO happy with the result. The shirt is now a charcoal black and matches his iconic red and black appearance so much more. It's hugely elevated the figure for me and I have you to thank for it!

PXL_20240222_191523526.jpg

PXL_20240222_190530891.jpg

For those of you with the new Dante how's the bend of the arm. Is it as good as V's?

Is Asmus supposed to send out an email for an invoice with the rest of the payment? I only paid the deposit but never got another email.

Iā€™m in the same situation.

I prefer to wait to be told itā€™s time to pay up because my item is ready over just opting to hand over a couple hundred quid in the hopes that itā€™ll result in a delivery.

Iā€™m in the same situation.

I prefer to wait to be told itā€™s time to pay up because my item is ready over just opting to hand over a couple hundred quid in the hopes that itā€™ll result in a delivery.
They got back to an email I sent. They said they'll send a 3rd shippment out which will include my order later March. I'm OK with that gives me time to set cash aside.

Just received the Griffon/Shadow/Nightmare combo from BBTS. I only wanted Griffon, but he's sold out, so had to get the lot. I no longer own V, but I'm a Devil May Cry 1 fan, so I wanted to display these guys with Dante. I won't be using Nightmare, but it's a nice trio for $100. Dyeing Dante's shirt was the best decision ever. His hair is meant to really stand out and contrast with his clothing, so I don't understand how Asmus made the mistake of colouring his shirt almost the same as his hair.

PXL_20240228_183424418.jpg

PXL_20240228_183408390.jpg

PXL_20240228_183528419.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20240228_173422119.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20240228_173422119.PORTRAIT.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20240228_174112049.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20240228_174112049.PORTRAIT.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back