Action Figure Asmus Toys: Devil May Cry 5 Dante

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably wondering if they lost the license also that would be unfortunate as we never got DMC1 or DMC2 Dante or DMC4 Nero. I think their quality started to get a bit better now.

Something really strange is happening. Asmus deleted the video from the Facebook page with the unboxing of the Dante re-release, and hid it on YouTube. The DMC line page is empty. I've heard they're having licensing issues with the Lord of the Rings series, but the store page has figures from the franchise still available for purchase. I really hope that these are just some changes in the design of the site page and we will be pleased with good news in the future... Otherwise, I will start to worry about the release of Trish, which I pre-ordered(

I thought the license thing was just a joke, but now you're all making me think it's true!

I literally just paid the invoice from KGHobby because their stock just arrived, plus Asmus just replied to a PM I sent them the other day, saying Big Bad Toy Store and Sideshow may get more Dante figures in stock. One Sixth Kit posted a photo of their stock a few days ago, so Asmus have definitely shipped Dante to stores.

EDIT:

Looks like they now have a blank Dante listing, which is listed as DMC502LUX when you click on it.

asmus.png

Last edited:
Probably access to those that need to complete the remaining payment. I ordered from asmus directly. If they can't ship it out directly, might as well return the deposit and I'll get it elsewhere while that reissue is still available from others.

no invoice here yet (ordered direct from Asmus). Really weird if they lost the license.

Wouldn't their contract tell them when the license runs out? I would also assume they would have some clause that avoids these situations where they just finished producing a bunch of action figures only for them to not be able to sell them.

If asmus really did end the line I'm so glad I ended up picking both standard edition figures for 450

Attachments

• 20240131_124034.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
So, is there a new licensee? Does Capcom only allow one licensee per IP/type of product?

Iconiq has street fighter. Damtoys has RE.

So, is there a new licensee? Does Capcom only allow one licensee per IP/type of product?

Iconiq has street fighter. Damtoys has RE.

Whoever has it now, it better not be HT.

PLEEEAAASSSSEEEDon’tbeHTdontbeHTdontbeHTDon’tbeHTdontbeHTdontbeHTDon’tbeHTdontbeHTdontbeHTDon’tbeHTdontbeHTdontbeHTDon’tbeHTdontbeHTdontbeHT

Whoever has it now, it better not be HT.

PLEEEAAASSSSEEEDon’tbeHTdontbeHTdontbeHTDon’tbeHTdontbeHTdontbeHTDon’tbeHTdontbeHTdontbeHTDon’tbeHTdontbeHTdontbeHTDon’tbeHTdontbeHTdontbeHT

Lol!

I can't see HT gunning for just one Capcom franchise knowing how aggressive they can get.

Wonder how profitable the DMC line was. Maybe it was renewal time, fees went up, and Asmus just decided it's not worth it. Who knows? All I wanted next was 1/6 DT and SDT from them. I thought their V and Trish were weak so I didn't get either. Didn't get Nero until the weapons were scaled correctly and more devil breakers were made available.

Got a reply back from their social media person

“Hello, we are making adjustments in accordance with the requirements of the copyright holder. The products will be back in stock later. Orders that are ready will still be shipped, so there's no need to worry about that. Thank you for your inquiry.”

I mean HT will probably give some quality stuff, but thankfully Asmus still has the rights. So at least we'll see some progress on future figures. DMC1 Dante and DMC2 Dante and Lucia are most wanted. Hope we get a new updated Lux Nero from DMC5 and a new DMC4 Nero and Dante.

If I pay the invoice with Asmus I should get my Dante soon. Hey Brooklyn if your able make a new video showcasing the update on the figure.

Back