Action Figure Asmus Toys Devil May Cry 3: Dante 1:6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my amulet today. It looks really nice actually.

615816A5-6DBA-48CB-8F91-43D94B394AC8.jpg

Anybody who ordered from sideshow get their notice yet? Ancy to sink my teeth into this bastard.

I feel for the designers actually with this amulet. It's kind of a dilemma? I agree it's undersized if we're being true to the game, but I think if they had made it true to in-game model size it would be so chunky it would look out of scale on this figure? The original game has a really action comic kind of cartoon like look that I love, but I think simply making the amulet exactly like it is in game would look really odd with a realistic face and more in proportion details. The size they appear to have made it is really nice and looks like a 'realistic size'. If we saw the amulet in DMC5 style, I think this is more what it would look like.

IDK, I might play with making my own and see how it looks anyway. If we're going with the in-game modelling scale, I think the size should be larger than a hand's palm?

It should be at least the size of the palm. That's the size of two fingers at most.
Doesn't the cosplayer's Amulet look bigger than that?

So nice, but... I think it's a little smaller than in-game modeling.
It's a bit disappointing.

Yeah it?s smaller than in game. But not by much. It also changes sizes throughout the game based on the shot they needed. They had lower polygon models and higher polygon models depending on what scene and what shot it was. I?m not going to fret over a few CM in diameter. It?s a non-issue for me
4930EF52-94DC-4355-A6D6-319869F0A8E5.jpeg

I feel for the designers actually with this amulet. It's kind of a dilemma? I agree it's undersized if we're being true to the game, but I think if they had made it true to in-game model size it would be so chunky it would look out of scale on this figure? The original game has a really action comic kind of cartoon like look that I love, but I think simply making the amulet exactly like it is in game would look really odd with a realistic face and more in proportion details. The size they appear to have made it is really nice and looks like a 'realistic size'. If we saw the amulet in DMC5 style, I think this is more what it would look like.

IDK, I might play with making my own and see how it looks anyway. If we're going with the in-game modelling scale, I think the size should be larger than a hand's palm?

I think a lot had to do with polygon counts at the time and the size to detail ratio. I agree with you on the DMC5 comparison. That?s a good way of looking at it.

Gonna have to agree with Biojex here, the amulet looks pretty close to the in game model, just not when Vergil and Dante show them off a lot.

I'm satisfied with it's look. Shame Vergil doesn't have his afaik.

really hope that comes in the box for US shipment (or all non-Asmus online orders) It would be a nightmare to request and track it otherwise.

Thanks for the response! Definitely doing this. Do the headsculpts match the skin tone on the body?

Thanks for the response! Definitely doing this. Do the headsculpts match the skin tone on the body?

Ah, Not much. Vergil's skin tone is more darker. But, Not that bad.
And when I put the coat on him, I didn't see any skin, so I didn't care much. :p

Ah ok. I don?t have her yet and just thought it looked good. Wasn?t sure if she needed a body swap.

Nah, I think she's fine. If there's one problem, her wrist joints are a little bit weak.
As a result, other buyers were told that they also suffered damage. I want you to be careful.

I got a second vergil just to mod it and see what body to use.
Any suggestion on a good body to use with vergil and dante as the stock bodies are trash imo.

Back