Asmus Toys - Bard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Costume looks fine but the face needs a bit more work. Its too soft looking and not chiseled enough with the wrinkles and cheekbones. The lips also need to be tonned down a bit.

Yes, I've said it a couple of times, the face needs to be more chiseled, too soft. Costume looks good except the shirt/tunic needs to be a darker brown.

Looking like a great figure overall - excellent accessories. I agree about tweaking the face - I think the lips will help a lot, but going over the shape of the nose, the placement of cheekbones, etc. will improve it immensely.

Also, I know it's an ongoing problem with 1:6 - but it would be great if there was a way to address the thickness of the costume overall. The coat and leg wrappings are bulkier than it appeared on screen. I do understand that 1:6 clothing is the bane of all 1:6 collectors and manufacturers, but if it CAN be adjusted I'd love to see that happen.

Eyebrows too long, eyes too wide...it is a good looking sculpt, but at best this is 50-60% likeness. I think there is too much of an oriental look in the sculpt at this stage, further tweaking is needed. The clothing and accessories look great though.

More pics are up on the site...

10981311_10152575907486968_6807976990701572240_o.jpg

Love the Black Arrow. I think this is looking better the more pictures I see. Face looks really good from this distance. I also love the boots... but were his pants really so baggy?

Very cool looking figure but he really doesn't look like Luke Evans. Seems more Inigo Montoya than Bard the Bowman right now. I hope you guys make some awesome tweaks because I'd love to own a great Bard figure.

Last edited:
Very cool looking figure but he really doesn't look like Luke Evans. Seems more Inigo Montoya that Bard the Bowman right now. I hope you guys make some awesome tweaks because I'd love to own a great Bard figure.

I thought it was only me. That's who I thought of when I first saw it.

It's a great start! Loving the coat!

Hopefully the head cam be tweaked a bit before that would be awesome.

In addition to the notes about the nose and lips, I noticed three little things:

1) Luke Evans jaw/chin area is a bit more pointy. He has a very sharp jaw line. Almost triangular when seen straight on.
2) His brow is often more furrowed, giving Bard something of a permanent scowl. We get a little of that here, but not quite enough.
3) His smile lines should be a bit more pronounced.

I'm liking the outfit thus far. Though the tunic under the coat does feel like it ought to be a darker brown and the whole thing should be weathered a lot more.

But on the whole, I'm loving it! Nice work, Asmus!

I'm glad to see that more people are commenting about the jaw. I mentioned that back on page 3. His jaw is sharp and square.

It's true. He has a very angular face. His jaw, his chin, his cheekbones ... lots of planes and sharp lines on that face. The sculpt right now looks a bit like a slightly heavier version of him. (Not exactly "Lard" the Bowman ... :lol ... but compared to how lean Luke Evans is, it's noticeable!)

Price keeps creeping up on these :/

Looks pretty good though so I am still in.
Now that ACI is out of the game, I do think it'd be better if Asmus goes more towards the high-end than attempting to be the bargain option. From what we've heard about the Nazgul, the bodies are still not up to snuff, so I'm hoping the extra money they're charging does make for an overall more polished release (and this does look really nice, so far). Know what you mean about those creeping prices, though.

well, considering i can't pose my flaming Asmuth Ringwraith as both the arms and legs are floppy as anything, I will hope they have made some major quality changes

The first thing that popped into my head when I saw these images was Willem Dafoe for some reason.

Back