Asmus - 1/6 Gollum/Smeagol

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to see that others are getting replacements, but I emailed Asmus with pictures of my figures over a week ago and they said they'd send it to the "relevant department." I haven't heard anything since.

Glad to see that others are getting replacements, but I emailed Asmus with pictures of my figures over a week ago and they said they'd send it to the "relevant department." I haven't heard anything since.
Their possibly under pressure from a number of people with the same issue.

I gave them two wks and then emailed them again. Their slow to respond but you should get replacements.

Yo these figures STINK. Literally. And from what it looks like with these discoloration issues, figuratively too.

I got mine last week from SS and I can't even put them in my display cabinet because the smell is so offensive it's just going to make every figure I have in there smell wretched. I can't even pose them up without having to wash my hands immediately after without touching anything else. My girlfriend came home from work the day I got them and the first thing she said when she walked into the house was "god what is that smell!?". I've left one of them out of the box in another room to off gas to see if it helps the smell. Our new king size mattress didn't off gas this much and at least the mattress didn't smell nearly as awful. This stuff literally smells like its going to put you into hospice care in another year or two from sort of chemical induced cancer.

I worked as a product photographer for an "adult toy company" for 3 years and would work in a room filled with boxes upon boxes of TPE dildos and pocket jackoff devices and the stink of that room doesn't even compare to the smell of these figures. That says a lot because that room did not smell pleasant and I'm glad that the dildo glory days are over.

But anyway, I wasn't able to read through all the pages to see if the smell dissipates over time or not, does anybody have any hopeful words for me that these figures are gonna lose their stink eventually? From the looks of it after reading these posts he's definitely going to lose his color though, that's for sure. The colors already don't even come close to matching between the crouching legs and standing legs, hands, or feet. I shoulda read up on this forum a little better before finalizing my preorder, that's on me.

@Asmus wtf happened guys? I've been collecting 1/6 figures for 10 years and not once have I smelled anything as horrible as this even with all the seamless body figures I've purchased. Between this and Gandalf the Grey I'm definitely done on Asmus, thank god Inart has the license now at least. Time to let somebody else give this license a real shot.

I hope those of you with the discoloration issues get bodies that are of better build quality. Hopefully it's not like the Blitzway Bill & Ted situation where you just get another exact same body that will only deteriorate the same way in another few months anyways. And please report back if they still smell like bigfoots #%$@.

I'm still going to attempt to pose him up and take a few photos sometime this week but we'll see what happens.

Last edited:
Yo these figures STINK. Literally. And from what it looks like with these discoloration issues, figuratively too.

I got mine last week from SS and I can't even put them in my display cabinet because the smell is so offensive it's just going to make every figure I have in there smell wretched. I can't even pose them up without having to wash my hands immediately after without touching anything else. My girlfriend came home from work the day I got them and the first thing she said when she walked into the house was "god what is that smell!?". I've left one of them out of the box in another room to off gas to see if it helps the smell. Our new king size mattress didn't off gas this much and at least the mattress didn't smell nearly as awful. This stuff literally smells like its going to put you into hospice care in another year or two from sort of chemical induced cancer.

I worked as a product photographer for an "adult toy company" for 3 years and would work in a room filled with boxes upon boxes of TPE dildos and pocket jackoff devices and the stink of that room doesn't even compare to the smell of these figures. That says a lot because that room did not smell pleasant and I'm glad that the dildo glory days are over.

But anyway, I wasn't able to read through all the pages to see if the smell dissipates over time or not, does anybody have any hopeful words for me that these figures are gonna lose their stink eventually? From the looks of it after reading these posts he's definitely going to lose his color though, that's for sure. The colors already don't even come close to matching between the crouching legs and standing legs, hands, or feet. I shoulda read up on this forum a little better before finalizing my preorder, that's on me.

@Asmus wtf happened guys? I've been collecting 1/6 figures for 10 years and not once have I smelled anything as horrible as this even with all the seamless body figures I've purchased. Between this and Gandalf the Grey I'm definitely done on Asmus, thank god Inart has the license now at least. Time to let somebody else give this license a real shot.

I hope those of you with the discoloration issues get bodies that are of better build quality. Hopefully it's not like the Blitzway Bill & Ted situation where you just get another exact same body that will only deteriorate the same way in another few months anyways. And please report back if they still smell like bigfoots #%$@.

I'm still going to attempt to pose him up and take a few photos sometime this week but we'll see what happens.
Well, Sam didn’t call Gollum ‘stinker’ for nothing.

Mine barely has a scent beyond that typical fresh plastic scent you get when opening a new figure so lord only knows what’s happened to your copy.

Well, Sam didn’t call Gollum ‘stinker’ for nothing.

Mine barely has a scent beyond that typical fresh plastic scent you get when opening a new figure so lord only knows what’s happened to your copy.
Yeah I normally actually like chemical off gassing you get from a new figure but this just smells like burnt radioactive garbage its awful.

I opened up my Smeagol on Sunday evening and was relieved to see that it wasn't already discolored.

This guy is far from the best figure in my collection, but it's definitely a classic case of "much better in hand than pictures." As for its smell that others have discussed in this thread, mine had a stronger scent than my other figures when I opened them, but I doubt I would've even noticed it if I hadn't been tipped off about it here. Now let's hope it doesn't become discolored over time!

I also included a photo of him next to my Frodo and Gandalf, where I think he looks great. Once the InArt Aragorn arrives, my LotR shelf will be complete (at least, that's what I'm telling myself now... :sneaky: )!

Attachments

• IMG_2114.jpg
    IMG_2114.jpg
    270.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2115.jpg
    IMG_2115.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

🤣🤣🤣
Your previous work must give you an interesting perspective on humanity....anyway, try those bags of activated charcoal u can get off Amazon....https://www.amazon.com/Charcoal-Purifying-Activated-Deodorizer-Eliminator/....
or probably a bowl of activated charcoal for fish tanks would work.

My replacements have shipped but slow updating on the tracking so far.
I’m glad they don’t stink though, partly because that smell was just rank on the originals, but also maybe it means the new bodies have a different material or are sealed?

I used to not open my figures because I am moving away from my crime ridden city, supposed to be this summer, but surgery delayed it.

Seeing all these problems with Gollum and sometimes figures are missing things like pain and accessories, I now have to open it all and inspect.

I have to find where I put him and check ASAP. AYE AYE!

Back