Captain America 4 New World Order - May 3, 2024

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes... in a silly scene where he just carried a mass murderer down with angel wings like she was a holy martyr. When the content of what he said, the way the scene was staged and shot are combined with everything that came before in the show, something some refer to as a subtext forms, one directed at the audience. If it were Deadpool he would at least have looked at the camera and winked. You could say it was a dog whistle. People hate that.
Oh, there were some great parts like the boat building; a veteran who has never heard of a Federal Credit Union:slap; having a trained counselor guilt trip a tortured POW and disrespect Cap and totally forget the DIVERSE Howling Commandos:poop:; co-opting IMO one of the worst copycat comic arcs e.g. Isaiah; nerfing one Marvel's deadliest assassins;

the photography that was so dark that when Falcon Cap makes his big entrance I had to squint; that only black people in NY have cell phones; and most of all - for the most part wasting the talents of the actors who deserved far better material and directing.

It was refreshing watching a YT vid where Wyatt Russell was talking about how he knows that Marvel has been getting a lot of flack (paraphrasing here) and the Thunderbolts' director really wants to make a "good Marvel film"(y). Of course that's Thunderbolts. It may be YT rumor trash, but supposedly Mackie had a meltdown over Cap 4, frustrated at the lack of script? or constant changes and wanted to know what they were doing.

*Gloomily*. I'd love to be looking forward to this movie. I'd have loved to have been falling over myself ordering a winged Cap figure/statue. And the new Falcon costume leaks .....

Falcon_new.jpg

An attempt at comic accuracy but this looks dull and uncomfortable at the same time. Where are the dual Steyrs? Is Falcon supposed to wave at criminals:pfft:? This showrunner seems to favor boring costumes - well, except for Cap.

You have all succeeded in reminding me just how disappointing that series was, despite all the great qualities that it had going for it (e.g. cast, score).

That being said, I'm hopeful that CA: BNW can live in something of a bubble from the rest of the films. IMO, the MCU has unfortunately caught up to the current 616 where solo stories (that are usually great for character development and structure) get muddied with incessant cross-over characters and cameos. Sam needs to become his own Captain America for this film to succeed. I'm not sure that having a Harry Styles-esque walk-on is going to help something like that happen :p

Spoiler

Who the hell is this?

Attachments

• IMG_2974.jpeg
    IMG_2974.jpeg
    450.6 KB · Views: 0
I just find the idea of a giant, red angry Harrison Ford hilarious. Is he going to have the chin scar too? Maybe he can tear up some more Hot Toys figures on Kimmel for the press tour :lol

People can do some pretty awful things when they feel they have no other choice. Doesn't justify those things of course and the ends don't always justify the means, but the world ain't so black and white as goodies vs baddies.

Killmonger had a point, Thanos did...I'm sure even Ultron did a teeny weeny bit. All still bad guys though, it makes them more interesting. What needs to happen is backing that up with good writing.
Ah, the real world seen through the lens of Marvel.

Yes, that's how we got here. :rotfl

Just jumping over to expedia to book a holiday to Wakanda.... now it IS somewhere in Africa, right?:rotfl

Oh yes I think we all prefer the Marvel lens to reality.
So reality is black and white? You're either good or bad?

Had it been a Falcon movie I would have been excited. Loved the character pre TF&WS, after that show I am apathetic. The show was naff and turning Falcon into cap feels like they turned him into a knock off rather than allow him to be his own character.
Have never cared about the character and I find Anthony Mackie to be an awful actor. His “charisma” and “charm” feels so forced and unnatural.

Back