Asmus - 1/6 Gollum/Smeagol

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If any of you guys got these from Sideshow they may still be willing to send out replacements. I once realized I had a misprinted Captain Rex helmet like 5-6 months after I got him so I asked them if it was possible for a replacement and they sent it right over.
You must've gotten a good rep that day then. I tried that with a broke footpeg on the more recent 1/6 comic Superman and they said no even though it was still in stock at the time.

You must've gotten a good rep that day then. I tried that with a broke footpeg on the more recent 1/6 comic Superman and they said no even though it was still in stock at the time.

Maybe, I assumed it was just down to the fact that my issue wasn't a broken piece but rather a 100% factory issue, which i would consider this that.

What's the point of replacement? In 4-6 months you have the same problem.

That's certainly true, this is honestly pretty ridiculous. imo this hobby just needs to stay plastic, these rubber bodies show time and time again how bad they are. I also don't see the point in going this way in the first place since we still see a few seams on the body, its like getting those seamless wrist arms, but still showing the elbow joint, makes no sense.

Maybe, I assumed it was just down to the fact that my issue wasn't a broken piece but rather a 100% factory issue, which i would consider this that.

That's certainly true, this is honestly pretty ridiculous. imo this hobby just needs to stay plastic, these rubber bodies show time and time again how bad they are. I also don't see the point in going this way in the first place since we still see a few seams on the body, its like getting those seamless wrist arms, but still showing the elbow joint, makes no sense.
Other than a broken ankle joint my HT Leonidas is still perfect. Phicen seems to be pretty good too. I like the seamless aspect of these bodies. Asmus just probably didn’t do any testing.

Other than a broken ankle joint my HT Leonidas is still perfect. Phicen seems to be pretty good too. I like the seamless aspect of these bodies. Asmus just probably didn’t do any testing.

Seems rare, I've had 3 of the HT Wonder Woman and all 3 have since has cracking rubber issues, and I'm a museum poser so nothing was being stretched. Silicone is a lot better on these newer figures though.

Seems rare, I've had 3 of the HT Wonder Woman and all 3 have since has cracking rubber issues, and I'm a museum poser so nothing was being stretched. Silicone is a lot better on these newer figures though.
Other than a few Phicen I don’t have any other seamless bodies besides Leonidas. Maybe it’s a fluke that he’s still good.

I agree silicone is better, however, all my rubber HT Wonder Woman is intact, no cracking issues.
I also have several phicen bodies that are still good and no cracking issues as well.

If any of you guys got these from Sideshow they may still be willing to send out replacements. I once realized I had a misprinted Captain Rex helmet like 5-6 months after I got him so I asked them if it was possible for a replacement and they sent it right over.
Replacements would be welcomed, but they may more than likely have the same discolouring issue.

The discoloration actually kind of reminds me of the GIJOE Zartan figure.
Also reminds me of my Toltoys Jawa 😊
And the MEGO Star Trek figures from the 70's
I agree. Solid plastic would work better, with differently posed swap-out limbs.

Me seeing these discoloration photos while having a months-old Sideshow pre-order of Smeagol, still waiting for him to be shipped...

Jim Carrey Reaction GIF

Me seeing these discoloration photos while having a months-old Sideshow pre-order of Smeagol, still waiting for him to be shipped...

Jim Carrey Reaction GIF
Yep that’s me as well!! :lol :lol Still waiting for my (UK) retailer to get the 2 set in stock.

Yep that’s me as well!! :lol :lol Still waiting for my (UK) retailer to get the 2 set in stock.
I am still waiting from my retailer too. But in light of this, I will cancel if for sure.
ASMUS was once one of my favourite companies, and I have purchased mostly everything LOTR from them. Now it is just a joke to me. There are much better new companies producing better figures for less price. And then there is Inart.

Last edited:
Now I feel like I dodged a bullet after Asmus canceled my Gollum/Smeagol DX preorder. I have never been happier to skip a figure. It is a pity that we could lose this line because they are hammering nails in the coffin themselves with several failures in a row.

Now I feel like I dodged a bullet after Asmus canceled my Gollum/Smeagol DX preorder. I have never been happier to skip a figure. It is a pity that we could lose this line because they are hammering nails in the coffin themselves with several failures in a row.
I've wrote them off at this point. Sold my Boromir. Gandalf V1. Aragorn Helms Deep and my Gimli.
Planning to sell my Legolas (ver 1 with real hair) and my Frodo Slim V2.

I am not going to get rid of any figure. There are figures from this line that I like more, others less, and to be honest I would buy even Odo Proudfoot or orc number 87 if they offer it. I would genuinely like Asmus to fix whatever problems they have and come back to offering figures as good as Gandalf the White. Of course there is Inart, but I don't think they offer figures like Theoden or Gil Galad, for example, that I would love to have in my collection and make dioramas with them.

Back