Asmus - 1/6 Gollum/Smeagol

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand that if they could offer better shipping or better selling options through retailers, they would. I suspect that there must be a lot of internal problems going on lately. It's annoying to lose a preorder that I thought I had reserved, but as I said several posts ago, strangely I didn't care too much.

Edit: What I found ridiculous and really annoying was that they offered the cap as compensation... Really?
The story to this was that during the covid, things went a little rocky in China, we couldn't go in there, and a lot of conversation was mis-read or what.

So our delux versioned Gollum number was cut to 3/4 of the intended order, therefore some of the retailers had to cut their number too.
It was our mistake, TNS has been a good partner, it was very difficult for us to cut any orders.

Baseball cap was offered as conpensation to the retailers for this incident. It was originally a gift to our online orders.

Last edited:
I understand that if they could offer better shipping or better selling options through retailers, they would. I suspect that there must be a lot of internal problems going on lately. It's annoying to lose a preorder that I thought I had reserved, but as I said several posts ago, strangely I didn't care too much.

Edit: What I found ridiculous and really annoying was that they offered the cap as compensation... Really?
I think standard shipping is back online in our country,
I am not sure if they are back on the option list for our online store. which I will ask later for you

At the mean time, I will privately PM you, and help you personally if you are keen.

I think standard shipping is back online in our country,
I am not sure if they are back on the option list for our online store. which I will ask later for you

At the mean time, I will privately PM you, and help you personally if you are keen.
I really appreciate your help. I replied to your message. It's great to have an Asmus representative on the forum again. Thank you.

The story to this was that during the covid, things went a little rocky in China, we couldn't go in there, and a lot of conversation was mis-read or what.

So our delux versioned Gollum number was cut to 3/4 of the intended order, therefore some of the retailers had to cut their number too.
It was our mistake, TNS has been a good partner, it was very difficult for us to cut any orders.

Baseball cap was offered as conpensation to the retailers for this incident. It was originally a gift to our online orders.
Thank you for your honesty here. I know it's not easy but it is meaningful to the collector community.

So does this mean that BBTS will be getting the PO's for them soon?

Just to make sure, I meant the circled one, which is actually the left leg, but right on the photo :)
I'm asking because so far I only saw seams where I could tell that it was put together there, but they weren't shiny at all.
Or in this case was the shininess added to cover the seam?
Guys, who have the figure, can you confirm if you also have the shiny part I circled - although it can be only seen if light reflects on it... I'd like to make sure it is really not a defect. The pic is at the quoted comment. Thanks!

Guys, who have the figure, can you confirm if you also have the shiny part I circled - although it can be only seen if light reflects on it... I'd like to make sure it is really not a defect. The pic is at the quoted comment. Thanks!
I don't think it is a defect, it looks like the parting line of the mold,
which happens in all plastic objects

WeChat 圖片_20230627115136.jpg

Was checking out my Smeagol and Gollum today and noticed the bendy arms and legs have discolored greatly from the torso and hands color etc. Anyone else have this problem?
Scary. I just checked mine and it is still the same as it ever was. (same colors)

Was checking out my Smeagol and Gollum today and noticed the bendy arms and legs have discolored greatly from the torso and hands color etc. Anyone else have this problem?
Both of mine has discoloration on the arms - they're now noticeably paler than the body :(. The bendy legs are in storage so I haven't checked them yet.

Yeah mine are paler almost a hint of green hue to them where the torso and hands are more red/tan.
IMG_20230714_144535.jpg

IMG_20230714_144516.jpg

Mine are similar - it's much worse in person than in photos but there's definitely a greenish hue to the arms and much chalkier looking. My wife said it looks like he's wearing a singlet and gloves. It's very disappointing to be honest.

View attachment 649770
View attachment 649771

Mine are similar - it's much worse in person than in photos but there's definitely a greenish hue to the arms and much chalkier looking. My wife said it looks like he's wearing a singlet and gloves. It's very disappointing to be honest.
Yup this is what mine looks like as well. I'm done defending this company.

Back