Asmus - 1/6 Gollum/Smeagol

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine has the same problem. I noticed it a few weeks after purchase. It doesn't receive direct sunlight, but it's in a pretty bright room, which I think it might have accelerated the process. The rest of the figures are just fine, only decoloration suffering figure is Gollum. Bummer.

I wonder if they could do an upgrade pack with two sets of preposed arms or something like that. Make it part of the extra head sculpt pack. Granted we would loose the articulation except at the shoulder and the wrist but that would be preferable to the discoloration. I will need to check mine. Mine has sadly been in the box 99% of the time because I have not had the time to get the crouching legs to stay in yet. Going to have to rethink where I will display him. It will have to be in a dark corner.

I've only just checked mine, and the body as well as the arms have turned a horrid greyish colour.
They must have used some kind of cheap rubber material and paint.

Very disappointing given the cost of these things, and i've only had it a few months:mad:

DSC_0040.JPG

Mine look fine but I don't have any direct lighting hitting it. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on it now.

I don't know if the discolouration is down to direct sunlight. Maybe more to do with the rubber and paint application.

Mine was on the same shelf as my THREEZERO Rick Grimes, which also has rubber arms. And that has no issues.

ASMUS need to go back to drawing board and make a newer body. An all solid plastic torso with two sets of interchangeable arms and legs would work better.

Yeah, that 2nd round of heads is so much better... now they better start planning on adding a body to that set and just call it the v2.

Anyone have a basic summary of their Ash issues (…Ashues…)? I’ve seen constant references to it and even looked at the main thread but have never actually seen/heard all the exact problems.

Yep same problem on my Gollum. Both arms and one leg (I have one straight leg and one bent leg attached due to the pose) have the pale discoloration. I've had mine in an led-lit Moducase since I got it. Incredibly disappointing, I've been all in on Asmus' LOTR line since the beginning but I'm straight up done with them. Way too many QC problems, weird hair and paint applications, and empty promises, I'm just not willing to take any more chances.

If any of you guys got these from Sideshow they may still be willing to send out replacements. I once realized I had a misprinted Captain Rex helmet like 5-6 months after I got him so I asked them if it was possible for a replacement and they sent it right over.

Back