Asmus - 1/6 Gollum/Smeagol

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Almost definitely Boromir. I got a shipping notice today and all I have on order is Boromir.

Not sure they can answer that on here. Does anyone follow them on Facebook in case they post updates there? I try to avoid social media like it is the plague so I am in the dark if that is where they are posting updates now.

I can’t recall seeing any info about when it might start shipping on Facebook, last thing I saw about it was the photos that were posted earlier in the thread. Hopefully there will be an update once the Chinese New Year is over.

I hope we "somehow" hear news on the status of the Gollum/Smeagol figures...

I just checked and the set is my only pending pre-order from Asmus, at this time.

Looks like this figure got released a few days ago in China. Found some pics online

IMG_4476.JPG
IMG_4477.JPG
IMG_4478.JPG
IMG_4479.JPG
IMG_4480.JPG
IMG_4481.JPG

Is the dirt part of the paint scheme that we'll receive or is this some customizing? Because he needs to be dirtied up like this. Especially the way it makes the hair darker and more scraggly.

(Could maybe use a few more low-lights in his facial wrinkles as well.)

But otherwise, he's not looking bad!

The dirt definitely looks added on after the fact, but it certainly makes a difference. Should be an easy enough mod.

Interested to see more pictures as they pop up. Looks like it could be a solid release.

Looks good. Only thing I am not sure about is his loin cloth. The cuts look too clean.

It's just a weird choice to give him white hair. I know he's technically hundreds of years old, but in none of the movies is his hair white.

And while the dirt mod should be pretty simple, you'd think it would have been part of the paint scheme out of the box.

The head sculpts look pretty solid to me, especially Gollum. And I like the painting on the eyes. The squatting poses look really good.

To be honest, when it comes to weathering on a figure, I always prefer that the buyer have the option to add it or not. Most manufacturers are too heavy handed or they apply weathering unrealistically.

Back