Asmus - 1/6 Gollum/Smeagol

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish Asmus would focus on more Uruk-hai and goblins and orks.

If I were Asmus, I'm not sure I'd continue the Crown line knowing InArt is hitting the main characters... unless they plot more strategically what InArt will not do... like Boromor and the Hobbits and of course some villains.

Orks and Uruk-hai will be Asmus' troopers if they can get going with them.

"Orks?? That's Orcs with a "c"!"

orc.jpg

... or after seeing how InArt Aragorn turned out.

I must say, that figure does make me rethink exactly what and who I want surrounding him.

I genuinely feel like there's not much from Asmus you'll be able to put with InArt. It's just gonna look off and do a disservice to BOTH figures.

I wish Asmus would focus on more Uruk-hai and goblins and orks.

If I were Asmus, I'm not sure I'd continue the Crown line knowing InArt is hitting the main characters... unless they plot more strategically what InArt will not do... like Boromor and the Hobbits and of course some villains.

Orks and Uruk-hai will be Asmus' troopers if they can get going with them.

I was throwing this idea around over in the Aragorn thread. Much like Sideshow should have capitalized on the creatures of Star Wars (even owing to the fact they can do pretty good aliens), I'm starting to think Asmus should expand their supporting cast and the types of things that InArt will never do. But again, there is a market for a readily available LOTR line, and InArt is NOT that.

About the 'outshining' effect, I'm not worried at all, mostly because it already happens with my current LOTR display (let alone comparing it with other lines, like Hot Toys SW or DC figures). Legolas looks a different scale besides Arwen or Galadriel, Boromir skin tone makes him look like a corpse, and the hobbits hairs look like a 90's toy. All in all, I still like quite a lot the Asmus versions. Saruman still looks great, Grishnákh, the Witch King, Théoden and Éomer (helmeted, of course), are pretty impressive, and the fact of having the complete Fellowship, even with their faults, it's still a great achievement from Asmus, and I'm happy to have them displayed together. I'll be happy to get upgraded versions the next years, and add more characters as they come out. That's my plan, not interested in diving in more lines or growing my collection endlessly. Just having the best versions of the characters that are meaningful to me.

Asmus still have a huge array of second tier characters, variant outfits, soldiers and creatures awaiting the 1/6 treatment.

Help me out if there’s anything I’ve missed;

-Sauron!
- Gil Galad
- Elindil
- Isildur
- Numenorian Warrior
- Lurtz: Armoured and Newborn
- Uglúk
- Uruk Hai: Scouts, Berserkers, fully Armoured Captain, Swordsman, Crossbowman etc.
- Orcs & Moria Orcs
- Gorbag
- Warg & Rider
- Easterlings
- Haradrim Soldiers
- King of The Dead
- Council Robes Elrond, Throne and plinth for The One Ring
- Denethor
- Gondorian soldiers: bowman, swordsman, Citadel Guard, Faramir & Boromir variants
- Merry & Pippin in Armour
- Eowyn: Armoured 2.0, White Maiden dress
- Posessed Theoden on Throne
- Wormtongue
- Rohirrim Warrior
- Gamling
- Haldir
- Galadhrim Soldiers
- Coronation Aragorn
- Frodo & Sam in Orc disguise
- Frodo & Sam on Mount Doom
- Shelob

Seriously considering getting Gollum for my display. You cant have lotr without him.

About the 'outshining' effect, I'm not worried at all, mostly because it already happens with my current LOTR display (let alone comparing it with other lines, like Hot Toys SW or DC figures). Legolas looks a different scale besides Arwen or Galadriel, Boromir skin tone makes him look like a corpse, and the hobbits hairs look like a 90's toy. All in all, I still like quite a lot the Asmus versions. Saruman still looks great, Grishnákh, the Witch King, Théoden and Éomer (helmeted, of course), are pretty impressive, and the fact of having the complete Fellowship, even with their faults, it's still a great achievement from Asmus, and I'm happy to have them displayed together. I'll be happy to get upgraded versions the next years, and add more characters as they come out. That's my plan, not interested in diving in more lines or growing my collection endlessly. Just having the best versions of the characters that are meaningful to me.
Same. May replace existing ones as they are improved upon by either Asmus or InArt or…other. I have enjoyed most for what they are but increasingly disappointed by most recent, non Gandalf Asmus releases. The new Boromir is a no go and am on the fence about Gollum—mostly because the wait has been so long, it’s hard to let it pass without another on the horizon.

Attachments

• 9CA828D1-DF20-4F6F-81EC-4CFD8CB2C245.jpeg
    9CA828D1-DF20-4F6F-81EC-4CFD8CB2C245.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 8B66FA14-5A03-45A9-856E-93C7BD8119FF.jpeg
    8B66FA14-5A03-45A9-856E-93C7BD8119FF.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 3F4536D0-BB27-43CE-9B6C-B8943C87394D.jpeg
    3F4536D0-BB27-43CE-9B6C-B8943C87394D.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • ED2EFABC-0F94-40C4-BBA8-EC50745A3848.jpeg
    ED2EFABC-0F94-40C4-BBA8-EC50745A3848.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • C9E78279-52CC-4B73-A2ED-CA506286027A.jpeg
    C9E78279-52CC-4B73-A2ED-CA506286027A.jpeg
  • 5226923D-B0F8-4B72-A811-3AC24F3E830E.jpeg
    5226923D-B0F8-4B72-A811-3AC24F3E830E.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • B003D6A7-6C69-4DD4-AB70-CD8ED59F0069.jpeg
    B003D6A7-6C69-4DD4-AB70-CD8ED59F0069.jpeg
Last edited:
Great collection! I think many of them are still awesome to look at in the shelf. Thranduil has a great presence. Gimli and the orcs...Morgul Lord and the Elvish Warriors...very nice!

Same. May replace existing ones as they are improved upon by either Asmus or InArt or…other. I have enjoyed most for what they are but increasingly disappointed by most recent, non Gandalf Asmus releases. The new Boromir is a no go and am on the fence about Gollum—mostly because the wait has been so long, it’s hard to let it pass without another on the horizon.
Used the same chainmail replacement on my Gimli. :)

Great collection! I think many of them are still awesome to look at in the shelf. Thranduil has a great presence. Gimli and the orcs...Morgul Lord and the Elvish Warriors...very nice!
Thanks! It’s what originally drew me into the world of 1/6 collecting. The Elven Warriors, Galadriel, and Helms Deep were the beginning of my growing disillusionment with Asmus. I won’t display the HD Aragorn or second Elven warrior they piss me off so much. Anyone looking for a Helms Deep Aragorn, shoot me a message. At least ACI Caveman Aragorn HS could be shrouded by the hood for a Ranger look. trying to figure out what to do with GtW still due to lack of space.

Of course, I couldn’t just leave it there. Trying now to extract myself from the Star Wars rabbit hole. 😝

Last edited:
A true aficionado when you can zero in on that mod! 👏
Sorry for being ignorant here, but what mod is this? Is there a more lifelike chainmail vest that can swapped out?

I see in the histori forum for Gimli, a chain link purse was used by some and that there were two versions of the chain mail direct from Asmus depending on the batch, but I can’t find anything regarding a “real” chain mail alternative other than the purse. Just want to make sure I am not missing anything.

Thanks to anyone that can help educate me.

Last edited:
Sorry for being ignorant here, but what mod is this? Is there a more lifelike chainmail vest that can swapped out?

I see in the histori forum for Gimli, a chain link purse was used by some and that there were two versions of the chain mail direct from Asmus depending on the batch, but I can’t find anything regarding a “real” chain mail alternative other than the purse. Just want to make sure I am not missing anything.

Thanks to anyone that can help educate me.
I used coomodel armor shirt to replace the cardboard/plastic original.

Back