Asmus - 1/6 Gollum/Smeagol

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The paint work is looking very nice there. Kudos, Asmus.

Curious to get a look at the hair in-hand. Looks super delicate. Wonder what the best ways will be to get it looking greasy and lank.

Everything's looking terrific so far. Thanks for the sneak peek!

I really like how the hair on this looks compared to the preorder pics. Asmus appears to be moving in the right direction with this figure.

Everyone should be a little worried by InArt at the moment but I think Asmus still have a very strong chance to stay in the game due to their prices and the range of characters they’re willing to tackle.

A slight increase in quality from Asmus- primarily reflected in sculpt accuracy- along with the continuation of optional deluxe diorama offerings and really diving into those second and third tier characters- Haldir, The Last Alliance leaders, etc, plus orcs and army builder soldiers will keep them in business.
Just stay away from that Amazon garbage.

It seems quite evident that IA will focus on the BIG name, can’t fail to sell characters (and Nazgul for some reason) but I don’t see them doing the likes of Merry and Pippin and especially not in their Rohan and Gondorian armour or even a Boromir or Gollum so Asmus are still on the right track and have plenty of options.

They’ll just struggle to get collectors with IA levels of disposable income to buy the main trio and Gandalf from them from now on. So the crown line will have to conjure up something really special after GTW to remain relevant.
Saruman seems the logical next step but kind of boringly similar to the last two (despite having not even seen GTW yet.)
It’d just be yet another redo of an older bearded wizard but now with a glued on lamb’s wool beard- or whatever they use.

My top picks for the next Crown figure;
- Black Gates Aragorn (First, must absolutely nail the sculpt once and for all or no point proceeding,)
- Lurtz
- Possessed Theoden on Throne.

Last edited:
Depending how well the Queen LOTR figures sell, I could see Queen tackling Lurtz -- lots of great mixed media in that design... and a figure of size that could justify a steeper price point.
That won't probably happen. Developing a seamless Lurtz body would be too expensive. Asmus is trying to work on that for years I believe. And Queen want realism above anything so they will not give you visible joints body.

Everyone should be a little worried by InArt at the moment but I think Asmus still have a very strong chance to stay in the game due to their prices and the range of characters they’re willing to tackle.

A slight increase in quality from Asmus- primarily reflected in sculpt accuracy- along with the continuation of optional deluxe diorama offerings and really diving into those second and third tier characters- Haldir, The Last Alliance leaders, etc, plus orcs and army builder soldiers will keep them in business.
Just stay away from that Amazon garbage.

It seems quite evident that IA will focus on the BIG name, can’t fail to sell characters (and Nazgul for some reason) but I don’t see them doing the likes of Merry and Pippin and especially not in their Rohan and Gondorian armour or even a Boromir or Gollum so Asmus are still on the right track and have plenty of options.

They’ll just struggle to get collectors with IA levels of disposable income to buy the main trio and Gandalf from them from now on. So the crown line will have to conjure up something really special after GTW to remain relevant.
Saruman seems the logical next step but kind of boringly similar to the last two (despite having not even seen GTW yet.)
It’d just be yet another redo of an older bearded wizard but now with a glued on lamb’s wool beard- or whatever they use.

My top picks for the next Crown figure;
- Black Gates Aragorn (First, must absolutely nail the sculpt once and for all or no point proceeding,)
- Lurtz
- Possessed Theoden on Throne.
51A25A1C-8D69-4982-804C-B09DB278BE48.gif

We have just got a eyeball printing sample back last week,
and we weren't happy with it,
it is too clean and bright.
so fixing is still taking place...

Agreed. Please, do not make the same mistake with eyeballs like Crown Series Gandalf the Grey.
Agreed! My biggest issue with the Crown Gandalf is how far back the eyes are set. I would rather pass on the moveable eyes than have them turn out like Gandalf’s.

Rest of the picture looks great to me.

Back