Asmus - 1/6 Gollum/Smeagol

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
based on the prototype photos from asmus, the figure(s) look fantastic. I hope there aren’t any changes to the production releases, unlike with the HD Legolas.

Paint apps were different and to me, the sculpts look different. Could be the paint apps that throws it off, though.

I don’t have the figure but I remember the promo pics of the head sculpt reminded me a bit of Henry Cavill. Like with a squarer, fuller face than the Hobbit one. Which might have been a better fit for when he was older in The Hobbit trilogy. But anyway, I really like the Hobbit Deluxe head sculpt and have felt no need to upgrade based on what I saw from pics. I don’t mind the sculpted hair.

More details on the body taken from Chinese forum. Excuse the bad translation:
Gollum's encapsulated body will first be sculpted with clay, then scanned into a computer to disassemble the internal structure of each joint, and then printed out with a 3D printer. After the whole is reshaped, the details are modified with clay, and the plastic is produced after the final processing and injection molding.
It will not be like the encapsulated body made of silicone that we usually see, but a more durable and strong plastic body.

123002o79xqlcb2798cn7n.jpeg

123002cfxqfrgwuu0f400n.jpeg

So buying the “Luxury” version gets you fewer hands than if you buy the two separately? Not good.
If you doubled the price of the single figure you are at $260 which is $10 less than the “luxury” price but the luxury is coming with the rock base. Arwen’s luxury and Legolas’ luxury are $60-$90 more. Granted their luxury items are more complex. Personally I would not have minded paying an extra $5 if it meant we got two sets of hands but when I first saw the set I was more concerned about only getting one set of legs to share between the two of them. Thankfully it includes two sets legs otherwise I would have opted for the regular versions and missed out on the rock.

Yes, I get that, but honestly, the rock base isn’t a big deal to me. I doubt I’ll use it.
However, if I wanted to use a specific hand on both figures when I display them, I should have the option to do so.

Yes, I get that, but honestly, the rock base isn’t a big deal to me. I doubt I’ll use it.
However, if I wanted to use a specific hand on both figures when I display them, I should have the option to do so.
I don’t disagree with you on the hands and I don’t think including the extra hands would really have cost much either. It’s just not a deal breaker for me since I will most likely use the rock base.

I would love to see Asmus decide to include the second set of hands like they did with Galadriel’s cloak. Might be a nice gesture after the art box “fiasco” with Arwen.

I love the idea of the added environments on the deluxe sets. The missing pair of hands with the deluxe is an odd move, though.
True, I won’t likely be using two full sets of hands on both at the same time. I prefer the rock base with pool.

This time the Luxury edition is also available to order by all dealers, if you mean that suggestion for EU retailers.
Thank you so much for this decision Asmus, it is something fantastic for all EU customers like me. Please, continue in this way with the following releases 🤞🏼🤞🏼

Back