Asmus - 1/6 Gollum/Smeagol

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Extra hands and hairless feet seem like a pretty easy revision for this release. C'mon Asmus. Here's a chance to win back some people after the Deluxe Arwen Art Box!:ring
in short.. they took the thing that people want from deluxe Arwen: the artbox
and they give the thing that people don't want in Gollum: the hair on the feet.

Maybe.. the budget for the feet hair should go to the dx artbox instead, asmus.

He didn’t have hairy feet in the movies.
He lost most of his hair except for the patchy strands on his head.
In his hobbit form he did have hairy feet before he took the ring.
He wasn't actually a Hobbit, but a halfling species similar to a Hobbit. Not sure if his feet should be hairy or not!

And technically not all Hobbits or even Hobbit related species had large hairy feet according to Tolkien. But that’s a movie vs book situation of course.

Just a heads up that PopCultcha has the Luxury Gollum/Smeagol set for pre-order. Thought it might be of interest that they are getting this in since they haven't carried the other Deluxe/Luxury sets (Legolas/Aragorn/Arwen etc)

Thought it might be of interest that they are getting this in since they haven't carried the other Deluxe/Luxury sets (Legolas/Aragorn/Arwen etc)
It's been confirmed that the luxury version will not be exclusive to the Asmus store.

I'm still undecided on which edition to get. I don't need two figures but would like to display it on the diorama base.

I just want to point out that the facesculpt details are a little too soft like the wrinkles. Also, his cheeckbones shold be a bit bigger or his cheeks skinnier? But overall, it looks good, but it could be better

I just want to point out that the facesculpt details are a little too soft like the wrinkles. Also, his cheeckbones shold be a bit bigger or his cheeks skinnier? But overall, it looks good, but it could be better
Specially on Sméagol

I hope we get the extra hands for the Deluxe, or ordering it just for the rock base will have been a mistake; we need enough hands to be able to display both versions of him.

I hope we get the extra hands for the Deluxe, or ordering it just for the rock base will have been a mistake; we need enough hands to be able to display both versions of him.
Unfortunately Asmus mentioned before that the deluxe set has 6 hands and the two figures will use them together.
Very weird decision

I reflected the question about the hands amount of Luxury edition to manager, will follow up if there is any change in the future. The package is still in design as I know. Thank you.

I reflected the question about the hands amount of Luxury edition to manager, will follow up if there is any change in the future. The package is still in design as I know. Thank you.
Thank you. I'm holding off ordering the luxury edition until I know for sure.

Back